How could you possibly be content with this?

Gazza

For reference:

XI for Moyes's last game for United: De Gea; Jones, Smalling, Evans, Buttner; Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Mata; Kagawa, Rooney

XI for Van Gaal's last game for United: De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Rojo; Carrick, Rooney, Fellaini; Martial, Rashford, Mata

XI for Mourinho's last game for United: De Gea; Darmian, Bailly, Lindelof, Young; Dalot, Herrera, Matic, Lingard; Rashford, Lukaku

XI for Solskjaer's first game for United: De Gea; Young, Jones, Lindelof; Shaw, Herrera, Matic, Pogba; Lingard, Rashford, Martial

I think it is very kind to suggest Ole had the weakest squad/team of all the managers, and if it is the case then there is very little in it, certainly he didn't inherit a "much worse" team than all of them, and Ole's win percentage is an incredible 2-3% higher than Moyes and LVG's and lower than Mourinho's.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I still enjoy how we've actually improved a lot since last season resultwise and everyone are still imploding in absolute fury. Kiss and make up.

Polar

But Jose and Lvg attacked from first minute every team at OT. City, Pool, Chelsea...we attacked them.
What? Did you watch their games:boring:

I’m not sure if neither the squad nor the coaching team have the required quality. Where is the right place to start?

I think it’s about culture, recruitment and bringing young talents into the first team. It’s no quick fix. In this matter Ole probably is the best alternative. Let him do the restructuring and build a basis for the next manager

It’s no reason to bring a new manager into this chaos. It would likely be a failed mission independent if he’s on top of the world.

SAFMUTD

Didn't Ole inherit a squad that came second the previous season? And who were these young classy players:lol:
You dont understand their logic, he has the weakest team of all but at the same time he's managed to build the best team because his signings have been excellent. Depending on the argument they will use one or the other.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
You dont understand their logic, he has the weakest team of all but at the same time he's managed to build the best team because his signings have been excellent. Depending on the argument they will use one or the other.
He had the weakest team of all.

Now he has made us the better team.

How is that contradictory.

jamesjimmybyrondean

For reference:

XI for Moyes's last game for United: De Gea; Jones, Smalling, Evans, Buttner; Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Mata; Kagawa, Rooney

XI for Van Gaal's last game for United: De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Rojo; Carrick, Rooney, Fellaini; Martial, Rashford, Mata

XI for Mourinho's last game for United: De Gea; Darmian, Bailly, Lindelof, Young; Dalot, Herrera, Matic, Lingard; Rashford, Lukaku

XI for Solskjaer's first game for United: De Gea; Young, Jones, Lindelof; Shaw, Herrera, Matic, Pogba; Lingard, Rashford, Martial

I think it is very kind to suggest Ole had the weakest squad/team of all the managers, and if it is the case then there is very little in it, certainly he didn't inherit a "much worse" team than all of them, and Ole's win percentage is an incredible 2-3% higher than Moyes and LVG's and lower than Mourinho's.
Thanks for this. But feck me are those squads really the return of what we got from the millions we spent

tomaldinho1

I’ve just seen he has a better win percentage than LVG and 2% less than Mourinho. Despite inheriting a much worse side than either of them.

Stop making up stuff.
Yet again you didn't read the post - he said loss %

monosierra

For me, it is the lack of progress since SAF retired that is depressing. You can argue that achieving top 4 from an even weaker position is progress but its just not as clear a forward movement as what the other teams have achieved. Granted, progress can lead to deterioration after reaching a peak but we still haven't reached a peak despite all the player investments and manager changes.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What? Did you watch their games:boring:

I’m not sure if neither the squad nor the coaching team have the required quality. Where is the right place to start?

I think it’s about culture, recruitment and bringing young talents into the first team. It’s no quick fix. In this matter Ole probably is the best alternative. Let him do the restructuring and build a basis for the next manager

It’s no reason to bring a new manager into this chaos. It would likely be a failed mission independent if he’s on top of the world.
What chaos? All clubs do that. Club is doing badly, their sack their manager. It is how football works.
Building for next manager? Do you really think that any manager who wants to play not even attacking football but just football, would want to have slowest defender in the world and full back and winger who can't control the ball?

Fans usually can't wait for transfer window. Under failed Cardiff manager i want that window is closed soon as possible and i am already scared on who he will waste money next summer. Money what should be given to manager who....well, who actually knows what he is doing.

croadyman

What chaos? All clubs do that. Club is doing badly, their sack their manager. It is how football works.
Building for next manager? Do you really think that any manager who wants to play not even attacking football but just football, would want to have slowest defender in the world and full back and winger who can't control the ball?

Fans usually can't wait for transfer window. Under failed Cardiff manager i want that window is closed soon as possible and i am already scared on who he will waste money next summer. Money what should be given to manager who....well, who actually knows what he is doing.
Initially I thought he wasn't fully backed in the summer due to the financial losses from COVID but that changed to maybe this board has doubts about his ability to take the club forward. However looking at recent articles it sounds like they will back him in the next two windows which is worrying because him coaching new players fills me with utter dread

SAFMUTD

He had the weakest team of all.

Now he has made us the better team.

How is that contradictory.
Best team based on what? Because based on results he inhered a team that finished 2nd with 81 points and got past the group stage in the UCL. Now after 250M spent we got a team that finished 3erd with 66 points and just got kicked out of the UCL in group stage.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Ole needs a new toy every summer else he can't compete. Great managers has a few established players which he can count on, he only brings in good players to freshen up the team. Ole is buying XI, trying to replace the whole XI. I have not seen him or his staff deploying tactics that maximize the players potential. After a few months, the shinning new toy loses impact as team will deploy tactics to stop this player. In order for Ole to win, he will need to buy extremely talented players to can win game by themselves so no one can stop us. I am just disappointed with the progress or shall say no progress made since he here. Has Martial turn into a world class striker? Has Rushford become a consistent player? Has Pogba transfer his game to next level? Has Maguire made our team more organised and defending at high level? Has AWB become a attacking threat? Has Fred becomes a 50m pound midfielder? Has DDG back to his best? My answers are NO then why is he still our manager? Glazers and Ed is killing this club with their appointments. Sad to be a United fan nowadays.

Web of Bissaka

Moyes, LVG and Mou eras are too shit full of nightmares, that Ole era being a tiny bit better is enough to make fans piss scared to jump ship, trying another manager.

"Do you want another Moyes, LVG, Mou?"
Why assume we'll for sure get worse after replacing Ole?

Ron Atkinson is arguably better than the managers before, we should've kept him just because he's the best so far back then.
"Replaced with some chap from Scotland, Alex who? don't want."

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s the same point.

Jose took over a team who just won the FA Cup, level on points with City and signed the worlds most expensive player.

Ole took over a side with a massive wage bill, overpaid, passed their best and full of shite the fans hated.

feck me - how you can look at this forum and say “we are too sentimental” as a fanbase is beyond me. We’re full of bellends who don’t know what supporting a club is. We went out last night 3-2. We almost went through. Does it hurt? Yes. Do I cry and throw my toys out of the pram? No.
No.

Mourinho took over a team that finished 5th. He managed to win a trophy during his time here. He did spend big in his first summer.

Ole took over a team that Mourinho finished 2nd with. He has won feck all so far. He also spent big in his first summer - buying Maguire and AWB for huge money.

I don't like Mourinho but it's disingenuous to suggest that he took over some wonderful team because LVG won the FA but Ole didn't when he toon over a team that won the EL in one year and finished second in another. I think Jose's 2nd placed finish was deceptive like Oles 3rd - both were clearly not good enough. But Oles was clearly far worse given we got a rubbish points tally just 2 more than Moyes.

big rons sovereign

No.

Mourinho took over a team that finished 5th. He managed to win a trophy during his time here. He did spend big in his first summer.

Ole took over a team that Mourinho finished 2nd with. He has won feck all so far. He also spent big in his first summer - buying Maguire and AWB for huge money.

I don't like Mourinho but it's disingenuous to suggest that he took over some wonderful team because LVG won the FA but Ole didn't when he toon over a team that won the EL in one year and finished second in another. I think Jose's 2nd placed finish was deceptive like Oles 3rd - both were clearly not good enough. But Oles was clearly far worse given we got a rubbish points tally just 2 more than Moyes.
Moyes had the current champions. And served up possibly the worst title defence in history in the most unforgivable manner. feck him.
When ole took over the team was on its arse and Jose was in full sabotage mode. To use finishing 2nd the season before as a stick to beat ole with is frankly ridiculous. How many points did he finish behind city that year despite spending a fortune?
Lampard finished on the same points last season and spent a fortune on rebuilding in the summer and isn't that far ahead now, but nobodys shitting on him. Probably because we're not even half way through the season yet.
So, we can sack ole now and replace him with poch and all the same smacked arses will be spamming the same threads with the same bullshit in 18 months time.
Or we can see where ole takes us this season.
I'm for waiting.

croadyman

Moyes had the current champions. And served up possibly the worst title defence in history in the most unforgivable manner. feck him.
When ole took over the team was on its arse and Jose was in full sabotage mode. To use finishing 2nd the season before as a stick to beat ole with is frankly ridiculous. How many points did he finish behind city that year despite spending a fortune?
Lampard finished on the same points last season and spent a fortune on rebuilding in the summer and isn't that far ahead now, but nobodys shitting on him. Probably because we're not even half way through the season yet.
So, we can sack ole now and replace him with poch and all the same smacked arses will be spamming the same threads with the same bullshit in 18 months time.
I'm for waiting.
I admire your patience and blind faith in him but quite frankly he is being found out in the majority of the make or break games and just want someone who is a better coach.

Now I am not saying that should be Poch necessarily but our board needs to see some sense and stop being ruled by their hearts rather than heads.

big rons sovereign

I admire your patience and blind faith in him but quite frankly he is being found out in the majority of the make or break games and just want someone who is a better coach.

Now I am not saying that should be Poch necessarily but our board needs to see some sense and stop being ruled by their hearts rather than heads.
Oh, trying to make a level headed response is now met with accusations of blind faith.
Brilliant.

croadyman

Oh, it's blind faith now is it?
Ok.
Yeah and what really pisses me off about Woody is that he lied through his teeth about carrying out a proper search for a manager when Jose got sacked.

I had hopes of us getting a proper manager at the end of that 18/19 season like Ancelotti/Allegri but no we went on a run and Woody made a hasty decision after Paris which was a huge error.

amolbhatia50k

I'm for waiting.
Not as far behind as Ole did behind Livepool despite spending 195 million pounds?

Oh we'll be spamming these threads with the same bullshit because we are "for waiting". At least replacing mediocrity gives you the chance that you might find something better.

Polar

When a club like United fall so much and over so long time it’s something serious wrong with the whole system. The club first accepted the situation when they appointed Ole.

I don’t think any manager would have made a bigger difference than Ole in this climate. I may be wrong, but our manager history pretty much says the same. The club has realised this is a long term project

Ole may not be the perfect coach, but he has other strengths perfect suited for the restructuring process. He is loyal, a team player and he knows the club. His personality brings people together and helps unify the club. I actually think he plays an critical role in the process of restructuring the club. Perhaps he is better suited to be a sport director.

Last edited:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It’s literally true.

One thing I’ve noticed is that there is an almost complete correlation with people who want Ole to stay and how popular and cool they are. People who want Ole out seem to be people who struggle with romance and often seem to have small genitalia. It’s been true in every case I’ve seen so far.

Foxbatt

When a club like United fall so much and over so long time it’s something serious wrong with the whole system. The club first accepted the situation when they appointed Ole.

I don’t think any manager would have made a bigger difference than Ole in this climate. I may be wrong, but our manager history pretty much says the same. The club has realised this is a long term project

Ole may not be the perfect coach, but he has other strengths perfect suited for the restructuring process. He is loyal, a team player and he knows the club. His personality brings people together and helps unify the club. I actually think he plays an critical role in the process of restructuring the club. Perhaps he is better suited to be a sport director.
This is amazing. Now we don't actually need someone who can coach well and lead a team of football players. Now we need someone to unify the club. I never thought there was a civil war inside manchester united.
He has zero capability to restructure anything. Maybe VDS who went to university to learn about Sports Management maybe able to do it.
But someone who managed a club in Norway to restructure the biggest club in the world?
The whole place has gone crazy.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I’ve just seen he has a better win percentage than LVG and 2% less than Mourinho. Despite inheriting a much worse side than either of them.

Stop making up stuff.
Wuminator?
Hang on this is the man who was worshipping at the alter of LVG.
Did you not say that LVG built the foundations and that future managers will build on those foundations.
Now you are saying that the squad which LVG built (and Jose inherited) was terrible?

Anyway, I am not content with this. I believe that Ole won't win a trophy because tactically, he is not good enough to manage in the EPL.
If he got sacked today,no EPL team would hire hire.
If we offered to swap our manager for any other manager in the EPL, no fan would ask for the swap to be done.

Put simply, Ole isn't good enough to manage the teams in the relegation zone.
It's a shame because he is a nice guy and he started out so well. But, now that time has passed and he has posted some negative records, it is logically clear that he simply isn't good enough.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
But someone who managed a club in Norway to restructure the biggest club in the world?
The whole place has gone crazy.
I think that some fans are in love with the idea of having an ex-player manage us.
The strange thing is that when Giggs (who is a bigger legend than Ole), took over, not many fans wanted him to take over. But Ole, who seems to win games by luck (or with the skill and drive of Bruno), apparently is great and should be supported in his quest for the Europa League?
Nothing makes sense.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It’s literally true.

One thing I’ve noticed is that there is an almost complete correlation with people who want Ole to stay and how popular and cool they are. People who want Ole out seem to be people who struggle with romance and often seem to have small genitalia. It’s been true in every case I’ve seen so far.
Wuminator?
Did you not say that LVG built the foundations and that future managers will build on those foundations.
Now you are saying that the squad which LVG built (and Jose inherited) was terrible?

Anyway, I am not content with this. I believe that Ole won't win a trophy because tactically, he is not good enough to manage in the EPL.
If we offered to swap our manager for any other manager in the EPL, no fan would ask for the swap to be done.

It's a shame because he is a nice guy and he started out so well. But, now that time has passed and he has posted some negative records, it is logically clear that he simply isn't good enough.
See!

big rons sovereign

Not as far behind as Ole did behind Livepool despite spending 195 million pounds?

Oh we'll be spamming these threads with the same bullshit because we are "for waiting". At least replacing mediocrity gives you the chance that you might find something better.
Possibly the most childish response I've read in a good while. "I want it now daddy"
There's no reasoning with that.

croadyman

I think that some fans are in love with the idea of having an ex-player manage us.
The strange thing is that when Giggs (who is a bigger legend than Ole), took over, not many fans wanted him to take over. But Ole, who seems to win games by luck (or with the skill and drive of Bruno), apparently is great and should be supported in his quest for the Europa League?
Nothing makes sense.
Yeah there are many in our fanbase that definitely buy into this love story of Ole but like you say weren't keen on Giggsy being given the job when Moyes got sacked which does seem strange

amolbhatia50k

Possibly the most childish response I've read in a good while. "I want it now daddy"
There's no reasoning with that.
Yes I want a better manager who can eventually win the league title not the league title, now. You can't reason with logic, obviously.

el3mel

Wuminator?

I don't get why people are still arguing with this poster. I mean his account name says it all really, Wumminator, what more do any one want after that? You should never take him that seriously.

K stand Red

After Tuesday nights performance I stayed away from the forum for my own sanity and hoped on returning there would be some semblance of realisation that we are no where near as good as recent lucky wins against what can be best described as average teams and if you are happy to accept such, there in lies the problem.

The squad as a whole is full of only just above average players and highlights the recruiting problems over a number of years of buying players for all the wrong reasons, whether this be Tia Maria who from the start never wanted to be here,Sanchez where it was clear he was money mercenary. Defenders who either cant defend or provide any quality going forward . Ageing players Schweinsteiger, Matic, Blanc, who in their pomp were all excellent players but what was not needed at the time.

The squad depth is and has been for a number of years full of players of players who are never going to get anywhere near a first team run out and are sat languishing on expensive contracts.

Players kept for too long no matter what there previous worth was to the club, in this I include the likes of Rooney, Mata, Valencia, Lingard, Rojo to name but few

Until this club takes a good hard look at itself and admits the problems and sets out 4-5 year plan with the cahoonas to implement such, be outspoken unforgiving and ruthless even if this means peeing some squad members off.

If not unfortunately this malaise of doing all right and finishing in the top 4-6 will continue.

If I could start with a summer clear-out from the first team

DDG needs to leave, undoubtedly a very good keeper but recent years has shown signs of weakness, clearly and understandably has shown a desire to return to Spain - Replacement Henderson
Pogba- Not sure what his position is and what he brings to the team despite the odd flash of inspiration, is too much of liability and again I think he wants to go
Martial- As much as I would have loved to see him develop I cant see it happening and doesn't seem happy and with the likes of Rashford and Greenwood all vying for the No 9 spot 3 into 1 don't go

The above 3 would bring in realistically approx £150 million.

players not quite good enough or coming to an end , Mata, Matic (Free Transfers) frees up wages costs. Lingard no disrespect and is a tryer and always given his best but not up to scratch and may be able to get a few million for him rather than going on a free in a couple of years plus saving in wages. Dalot never going to make it and may recoup a few million and Bailly similarly. James simply not good enough if you have any real aspirations of competing at the top level .

The list of the deadwood- too many to mention, sitting on their backsides need to be moved on and in no uncertain terms told to leave and find somewhere else to play and if they refuse name them and pay up their contracts - Short term detrimental to finances but as it stands we going to end up paying them anyway plus all the other incidental expenses.

From these sales alone would net £175-£200 million and free up a lot of wages, so what is needed

A centre back who is quick and mobile, a top quality central midfielder playing the No 6 position, with the likes of Fred and Mctominy as back up and the perennial debate a right sided player of some note .

Not the easiest shopping list admittedly but we would have a budget of £175-200 Million to start with

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
After Tuesday nights performance I stayed away from the forum for my own sanity and hoped on returning there would be some semblance of realisation that we are no where near as good as recent lucky wins against what can be best described as average teams and if you are happy to accept such, there in lies the problem.

The squad as a whole is full of only just above average players and highlights the recruiting problems over a number of years of buying players for all the wrong reasons, whether this be Tia Maria who from the start never wanted to be here,Sanchez where it was clear he was money mercenary. Defenders who either cant defend or provide any quality going forward . Ageing players Schweinsteiger, Matic, Blanc, who in their pomp were all excellent players but what was not needed at the time.

The squad depth is and has been for a number of years full of players of players who are never going to get anywhere near a first team run out and are sat languishing on expensive contracts.

Players kept for too long no matter what there previous worth was to the club, in this I include the likes of Rooney, Mata, Valencia, Lingard, Rojo to name but few

Until this club takes a good hard look at itself and admits the problems and sets out 4-5 year plan with the cahoonas to implement such, be outspoken unforgiving and ruthless even if this means peeing some squad members off.

If not unfortunately this malaise of doing all right and finishing in the top 4-6 will continue.

DDG needs to leave, undoubtedly a very good keeper but recent years has shown signs of weakness, clearly and understandably has shown a desire to return to Spain - Replacement Henderson
Pogba- Not sure what his position is and what he brings to the team despite the odd flash of inspiration, is too much of liability and again I think he wants to go
Martial- As much as I would have loved to see him develop I cant see it happening and doesn't seem happy and with the likes of Rashford and Greenwood all vying for the No 9 spot 3 into 1 don't go

players not quite good enough or coming to an end , Mata, Matic (Free Transfers) frees up wages costs. Lingard no disrespect and is a tryer and always given his best but not up to scratch and may be able to get a few million for him rather than going on a free in a couple of years plus saving in wages. Dalot never going to make it and may recoup a few million and Bailly similarly. James simply not good enough if you have any real aspirations of competing at the top level .

The list of the deadwood- too many to mention, sitting on their backsides need to be moved on and in no uncertain terms told to leave and find somewhere else to play and if they refuse name them and pay up their contracts - Short term detrimental to finances but as it stands we going to end up paying them anyway plus all the other incidental expenses.

From these sales alone would net £175-£200 million and free up a lot of wages, so what is needed

A centre back who is quick and mobile, a top quality central midfielder playing the No 6 position, with the likes of Fred and Mctominy as back up and the perennial debate a right sided player of some note .

Not the easiest shopping list admittedly but we would have a budget of £175-200 Million to start with
Sexy player

Polar

Very good summary. Couldn’t agree more. No need to say the same thing one more time:D

big rons sovereign

Yes I want a better manager who can eventually win the league title not the league title, now. You can't reason with logic, obviously.
Nothing you've posted points towards 'eventually' in 18 months you'll crying for poch's head and 18 months after that the next manager.
'logic'