g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

How could you possibly be content with this?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm content with this because I'm not a pathetic sad cnut with a fundamental need to be unhappy and angry at something I have no control over just so I don't have to face my own life.
I know this post is 9 months old, but this is a perfect example of the type of response you get when you have the temerity to question Ole’s tactical philosophy on here. It’s never reasonable debate, always personal attacks & aggression.

Other classic examples being “you hate the club” & of course “go support Liverpool/City”

DutchCruijff

I'm not saying this to defend Ole per se, but the overall strength of the league now is miles different to the days of SAF. Pretty much every EPL team has full internationals these days, thanks to the financial success of the league. It used to be the 3 promoted teams were 18 automatic points and a chance to rotate, for example. Teams like West Ham and Villa were routinely dominated by the best teams, but look at how crowded the table was last season! It seemed that anyone could beat anyone, any day.

By which I mean to say that success now will look a little different to how it did under SAF, more disappointing results and lower point totals at the top.
The points tally for 1st place over the past 5 seasons -

20/21 - 86pts

19/20 - 99pts

18/19 - 98pts

17/18 - 100pts

16/17 - 93pts

Robbie Boy

I know this post is 9 months old, but this is a perfect example of the type of response you get when you have the temerity to question Ole’s tactical philosophy on here. It’s never reasonable debate, always personal attacks & aggression.

Other classic examples being “you hate the club” & of course “go support Liverpool/City”
That post is fecking hideous.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Its normally the "Ole in" lot. Wummy, this big ron moron and the rest.

hobbers

Ole has had a remarkable ability to get the right result at the right moment to save himself in the court of fan opinion.

If you look at the overall trajectory of performances and the results, especially the results in big games, we've either gone backwards or not improved at all. But we've got more points each season in the league without actually ever being title contenders. And we've gone deep in cup runs. That has helped Ole immensely.

Knocked out of the CL group in embarrassing fashion? But we smash Leeds 6-2 in the league and beat Everton in the cup. Awful month of football in the league in January? But we've beat Liverpool in the FA cup. Can barely register a shot on target in four games against Arsenal and Chelsea? But we get past Roma and Milan in the EL.

Now we're already out of one cup and a have the scariest run of fixtures I've ever seen.

Infra-red

He'll be sacked at the end of the season. We just need to go through the motions of a unsuccessful season. He's clearly not good enough and you're deluded beyond belief if you think he is.
We're probably not winning anything but we will finish at least 4th.

The Glazers do not care about style of play or the quality of the football - they care about CL revenues. As long as we make it into top 4, Ole will keep his job.

PoTMS

The Glazers do not care about style of play or the quality of the football - they care about CL revenues. As long as we make it into top 4, Ole will keep his job.
Not sure you can blame the Glazers' when you see the vast amount of delusional United fans who think he's done an amazing job and believe he is the second coming of Fergie. He's not going anywhere until the matchgoing fans turn on him and that's not gonna happen.

Judas

Open to offers

I think this probably the case unless there's a massive massive signs of discontent in the fanbase.

If we finish top 4, he's safe. We'll need to truly crash and burn for him to go. Even with the unsurprising shite performance today, I do still think we're more than good enough to get top 4.

saivet

I've tried to hold my tongue but the McFred midfield pivot makes me sick. Honestly no idea how some are fine with it.

United Hobbit

I've long said its time to thank him for what he's done to add stability, shake his hand and move him on and appoint a world class manager to continue the rebuild

The signs were there last season that he'd perhaps taken us as far as he could, and the next step of the rebuild in the form of a world class manager was needed.

We'd have been quite safe to wait until Christmas before renewing him, though the fact no one would poach him says a lot. Yet we gave him a new contract

These are the teams we should be beating if we want to win things.

The camera will pan to the technical area and he and his coaching team all have the same blank expressions. Why do we continue to start games so slowly? It's long been a problem and it's their job to rectify, but still they haven't

I can see him losing the dressing room, he's no longer just got his favourites Rashy/J Lingz/ McT who wouldn't stir up anything or cause any trouble. He's now got proven winners and strong characters such as Bruno. I thought Ronaldo and Bruno leaping around behind him during the Young Boys game, while he stood meekly, was the first warning sign this could happen.

I'd sack him if he didn't make it out the CL group, though I wouldn't have renewed him in the first place.

We need to be ruthless if we want to win things. Look at Chelsea, they sacked Lampard, another club legend when it became apparent He was out of his depth. They were rewarded with a CL win....

Did I see somewhere there was some booing at full time? I switched off as soon as the final whistle was due

Like others have said, he seems to manage to get a little run together when the heat slightly turns up under him, then slumps back into struggling

Judas

Open to offers
His contract renewal means absolutely bugger all, and shouldn't be mentioned. If he's sending us further down the toilet, he'll be sacked, it's really that simple. New contract or not, it doesn't matter.

Shark

@NotShark

But how do you reckon Ronaldo, Bruno, Varane and Sancho feel about that? These are top players that want to win big trophies. He's not managing a bunch of yes men anymore he's brought in serial winners. It'll be them or Ole eventually.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.

This.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He has to stop playing Pogba on the LW. Jesus christ Ole will you wake up. Pogba is not a left winger.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It’s September and I am already in the what other sport can I enjoy to maintain my mental balance phase

peridigm

I've tried to hold my tongue but the McFred midfield pivot makes me sick. Honestly no idea how some are fine with it.
I don't think you will find one person on this forum who is fine with it. What would you like us to do about it?

mav_9me

I think you are in for a rude shock. We are going to be in a bitter race for 4th place. Been saying this in various places threads. Mark my words. Just as a manager can get a group to punch above their weight, a manager can get a group to underperform.

First major shock is going to be us not getting out of our CL group.

His only real hope is buying a CM in Jan. Like Bruno saved his tenure Jan 2020.

SER19

Im done now as much as I hate to say it. Best transfer window in years, and we've regressed

Judas

Open to offers
I don't like how today I didn't feel too much watching us being shit again, I feel like I've gone past the anger stage of our defeats to more the I'm simply not surprised stage already. Today didn't shock me, and that's a damning indictment. That squad is so much better than what we've already witnessed this season.

It's early days blah blah blah, and we'll play well plenty of times this season, but do I believe we'll do better than last season? Can't say I'm convinced, and we should and must, especially with the players brought in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He has to stop playing Pogba on the LW. Jesus christ Ole will you wake up. Pogba is not a left winger.
He's continually shown he's very difficult to use in centre midfield though.
Top players are meant to be a blessing to the team, not a massive issue of how to get them in.

Giggsy’s left foot

Watching Brentford. They look better than we do. Ole needs to be replaced. He wins in patches snd then looses in patches. Just not good enough. Anytime we play a team with a low block he’s not got a clue(West Ham and now Villa, although there are loads of examples), however any team that has a go(Leeds) we’ll smash them as all we know is hit on the break. Tactically no where near good enough to be managing United.

Ludens the Red

I'm not saying this to defend Ole per se, but the overall strength of the league now is miles different to the days of SAF. Pretty much every EPL team has full internationals these days, thanks to the financial success of the league. It used to be the 3 promoted teams were 18 automatic points and a chance to rotate, for example. Teams like West Ham and Villa were routinely dominated by the best teams, but look at how crowded the table was last season! It seemed that anyone could beat anyone, any day.

By which I mean to say that success now will look a little different to how it did under SAF, more disappointing results and lower point totals at the top.
Like Sheffield United and West Brom last season and Norwich this:wenger:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Watching Brentford. They look better than we do. Ole needs to be replaced. He wins in patches snd then looses in patches. Just not good enough. Anytime we play a team with a low block he’s not got a clue(West Ham and now Villa, although there are loads of examples), however any team that has a go(Leeds) we’ll smash them as all we know is hit on the break. Tactically no where near good enough to be managing United.
Unfortunately for some people, the main takeaway from that game will be "even Liverpool dropped points to a bottom half team today".

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Yet the points to win the league is higher nowadays than it was in Fergie’s era?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

He’s wrong to call you a moron. It’s childish resorting to insults. You’re entitled to your opinion. May I ask though, deep down, do you genuinely think Ole has the capabilities needed to challenge domestically & in Europe? And if so, what is it you have seen in him that suggests that he does?

Thiagoal

That’s such a lazy argument. You really think they wouldn’t prefer the extra prestige (and prize money) that comes with winning the league?

Lee565

The ole in fans dare not make the excuse that it's our poor midfield that is to blame, who was it that wasted money on bissaka, van der beek, Ahmad and decided to keep Henderson last season on the bench instead of selling him on when his stock was high.

Infra-red

That’s such a lazy argument. You really think they wouldn’t prefer the extra prestige (and prize money) that comes with winning the league?
Of course they would. But at the moment, the trade-offs aren't worth it. As long as Ole finishes at least 4th and doesn't publicly rock the boat, the Glazers will keep him around.

Infra-red

But how do you reckon Ronaldo, Bruno, Varane and Sancho feel about that? These are top players that want to win big trophies. He's not managing a bunch of yes men anymore he's brought in serial winners. It'll be them or Ole eventually.
They won't settle for 4th but they are also professionals and don't really seem like the types to grumble too much. I expect they'll just get on with it. Ole's man management is one of his strengths and I'd expect him to keep even players like Ronaldo onside (unless the wheels really come off, which is unlikely).

BlueHaze

One things for certain. He's been here long enough for everyone to give a proper assesment of him and fact of the matter is his management is absolutely atrocious. We've had the best transfer window since Sir Alex left and still losing to the likes of Young Boys and Aston Villa. There's absolutely no excuses for this mediocrity and I am 100% certain by the time he's gone he will have won absolutely nothing.

I'm not even sure he's good enough to manage a mid table team.

Infra-red

I think you are in for a rude shock. We are going to be in a bitter race for 4th place. Been saying this in various places threads. Mark my words. Just as a manager can get a group to punch above their weight, a manager can get a group to underperform.

First major shock is going to be us not getting out of our CL group.

His only real hope is buying a CM in Jan. Like Bruno saved his tenure Jan 2020.
It won't be a cakewalk, of course, but we have so much talent (particularly in attack) that we should be able to get over the line, even with Ole's now rather obvious failings.

Winrar

It's so annoying to think we would be top of the league by 2 points if we didn't so clueless and impotent today, which is inexcusable with such a firepower.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Pretty baffling that we look even worse after having one of the best transfer windows in recent memory. Could say the team needs time to gel, but by now we know what we’re like under Ole already.

mav_9me

It won't be a cakewalk, of course, but we have so much talent (particularly in attack) that we should be able to get over the line, even with Ole's now rather obvious failings.
Hopefully you are right. And Ole has shown a tendency time and again to get better when things were bleak. So maybe we will improve.

But I can't see us winning anything anyway. And can't see us getting out of our CL group.

big rons sovereign

He’s wrong to call you a moron. It’s childish resorting to insults. You’re entitled to your opinion. May I ask though, deep down, do you genuinely think Ole has the capabilities needed to challenge domestically & in Europe? And if so, what is it you have seen in him that suggests that he does?
Nothing that deep down about it for me really, I don't give it much thought.
On one hand he's taken us to however many semis and one final, which by rights we should've won. Plus improved league finishes.
Tbf he's up against some pretty stiff competition.
He's steadied things around the club, the mess that Jose left behind was horrific, I've not been so pissed off about a performance since that one at anfield.
Personally I'll take how things are with ole than how abjectly miserable it was under LVG and Jose. Possibly because I know we can be better whereas with those 2 I didn't wanna watch anymore.

As to whether he can win things, I don't know. I mean we're one penalty away from a trophy last season. We win that night and does everything change?

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from happy with today, that was a shocker. Losing half the defence doesn't help, and fecked up his options for subs I would've thought.

I was there last time villa won at OT, we were probably just as bad that day too.

Erm, in short. I dunno.... :nervous:

Green Yellow Red

This is such a typical start to the season by United. We always take ages to get into some sort of groove and this season looks like it'll be no different. We need to get into better form quickly but no need panicking after 6 games. United are apparently playing poorly but have the same points as three other teams all apparently playing brilliant football. Go figure.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Nothing that deep down about it for me really, I don't give it much thought.
On one hand he's taken us to however many semis and one final, which by rights we should've won. Plus improved league finishes.
Tbf he's up against some pretty stiff competition.
He's steadied things around the club, the mess that Jose left behind was horrific, I've not been so pissed off about a performance since that one at anfield.
Personally I'll take how things are with ole than how abjectly miserable it was under LVG and Jose. Possibly because I know we can be better whereas with those 2 I didn't wanna watch anymore.

As to whether he can win things, I don't know. I mean we're one penalty away from a trophy last season. We win that night and does everything change?

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from happy with today, that was a shocker. Losing half the defence doesn't help, and fecked up his options for subs I would've thought.

I was there last time villa won at OT, we were probably just as bad that day too.

Erm, in short. I dunno.... :nervous:
Fair enough. The worst I’ve felt was Stoke away under van Gaal. The game where Memphis gifted them a goal. Think it came shortly after home defeats to West Brom & Norwich. Dark dark times.