How could you possibly be content with this?

justsomebloke

First half of that game we were absolutely shocking. At 1-1 they could & should have taken the lead. 4-1 flattered us so much because they crumbled at the end when the game was lost.
Okay. So, we had the ball twice as much as they did (a considerable majority of whom came in the first half, as I recall), had more than twice as many shots on goal, and about 50% more shots overall, and Newcastle as far as I can recall did not have any significant period throughout the game where they put us under any sort of sustained pressure.

Your description only makes sense if you're viewing the game through the lens of expecting United to be flawless and iresistible, and Newcastle to be meek cannon fodder. Neither of which was of course the case. That doesn't make that a shocking - or even less than good - performance, and it sure as hell doesn't make it a close game.

MichaelRed

I saw someone in another thread make the excuse that Ronaldo becoming available shifted the club's priority away from making a midfield signing.
Yea, that 5m we spent up front on Ronaldo meant we couldn't sign a top class midfielder because even though we immediately recouped the Ronaldo fee in shirt sale commission it somehow stopped us being able to afford a CM. Definitely not because Ole has a hardon for McTominay & Fred. People will make any excuse for Ole.

Matst1

Thing is the board will wait until it’s impossible for top 4 until they sack him. They need to be ruthless. I’ve been patient with ole but now it’s time to deliver and he’s not doing it, we look worse than last season. I’d still give him to January but signs aren’t good at all.

MichaelRed

But that's just like a sandwich with no filling... or a formula one car with no engine. You can't just give up creativity in the midfield, we see it time and time again these days with United, just the bare minimum in midfield and I've had enough.

Those two wouldn't look out of place playing for a Burnley/Norwich/Palace etc.
Tbf Fred would look out of place. At least McTominay has a build that suits a team that plays with limited technical ability. Fred just has no technical ability and he gets bodied by anyone above the age of 12.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
It’s actually horrible. Villa are a decent aide and those things can happen from time to time but literally every game we play, the opposition always look more comfortable than us. Doesn’t matter who it is, they just seem to know what they are doing yet here we are with a team of so called superstars and have no idea how to move the ball forward. It’s a joke. Games we have won are usually by a bit of brilliance, games we have lost or drawn are because we literally have no plan other than to rely on bits of brilliance. We make so many mistakes as a team, every single game you get some right comedic errors from these “superstars”.

You just have to point the finger towards the coaching/management. We actually look worse than last season. There’s no improvement and already are in danger of buggering up the whole season in October.

New players can’t just come in without a plan, unless you are Ole and think it’s as simple as that.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
No one is content with the shite we saw today.

Even as a "Ole fanboy" i wont tolerate too much of this rubbish.
I'm sure Wumminator or Tom Cato will step in here to tell you that you're not a real fan and that today's match was a showpiece of tactical brilliance.

MichaelRed

Okay. So, we had the ball twice as much as they did (a considerable majority of whom came in the first half, as I recall), had more than twice as many shots on goal, and about 50% more shots overall, and Newcastle as far as I can recall did not have any significant period throughout the game where they put us under any sort of sustained pressure.

Your description only makes sense if you're viewing the game through the lens of expecting United to be flawless and iresistible, and Newcastle to be meek cannon fodder. Neither of which was of course the case. That doesn't make that a shocking - or even less than good - performance, and it sure as hell doesn't make it a close game.
How many games under LvG did we lose or draw with 60-70% of the ball? Stop hiding our shit football behind a possession stat vs a counter attacking Newcastle.

lex talionis

Of the top 6 sides in the PL, apart from United, which ones would start McFred on a regular basis? None. Both had no positive impact on the game today. Neither can pass in the final third or in any way control the tempo. It’s a shame we don’t have players like Matic and Van de Beek who do know how to pass the ball.

JustAGuest

No one is content with the shite we saw today.

Even as a "Ole fanboy" i wont tolerate too much of this rubbish.
Yep. I thought he deserved to stay with back to back top 4 finishes, but the start of this season has been very underwhelming. With the signings we have made I'm expecting more from him. There is no excuse for performances like today.

Orton

Of the top 6 sides in the PL, apart from United, which ones would start McFred on a regular basis? None. Both had no positive impact on the game today. Neither can pass in the final third or in any way control the tempo. It’s a shame we don’t have players like Matic and Van de Beek who do know how to pass the ball.
So what should we have done about it? Oh I know, sign a winger that is barely playing and sign a 36 year old striker and leave the gaping hole. Oh and of course the one you mentioned who was only signed a year ago and we have no idea again how to use him.

MichaelRed

It's actually like some sick form of torture watching Donny & Matic be the carabao midfield and McFred be the big game midfield.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You’d have to wonder what Aston Villa’s manager would be capable of doing if he had our squad because they outclassed us today. We’ve lost three games already this season and scrapped a draw at Southampton. Today was a shambles by 60 minutes. Not good enough at all.

JoaquinJoaquin

Aston Villa at home, we are playing on the counter, with 2 defensive midfielders on the pitch while they had 70% possession at one point. How on earth is that acceptable for Manchester United?

And before someone says "it can happen in football", we have been awful all season aside from vs Leeds (where they basically give us the game being so open) and the 2nd half vs Newcastle.

Reality is, this week should be the beginning of the end for the Ole experiment. He has done a lot of good, but he has reached his limit.

MichaelRed

You’d have to wonder what Aston Villa’s manager would be capable of doing if he had our squad because they outclassed us today. We’ve lost three games already this season and scrapped a draw at Southampton. Today was a shambles by 60 minutes. Not good enough at all.
We got battered by Wolves too.

MichaelRed

Aston Villa at home, we are playing on the counter, with 2 defensive midfielders on the pitch while they had 70% possession at one point. How on earth is that acceptable for Manchester United?

And before someone says "it can happen in football", we have been awful all season aside from vs Leeds (where they basically give us the game being so open) and the 2nd half vs Newcastle.

Reality is, this week should be the beginning of the end for the Ole experiment. He has done a lot of good, but he has reached his limit.
Ole still seems to think we're playing well which is the scary stuff. After the game today he said " We were very aggressive, very good on transition, got forward quickly ". Never heard such crap in my life.

PoTMS

He'll be sacked at the end of the season. We just need to go through the motions of a unsuccessful season. He's clearly not good enough and you're deluded beyond belief if you think he is.

Flytan

He'll be sacked at the end of the season. We just need to go through the motions of a unsuccessful season. He's clearly not good enough and you're deluded beyond belief if you think he is.
Which is the worst part. We literally saw Chelsea act ruthlessly and remove Lampard last season and reap the benefits. Even if we didn't win a trophy, it's at least 6+ months of a manager adapting and the squad getting used to them, Instead we wait until it's too late, appoint in the offseason and the manager has to adapt then.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Ole still seems to think we're playing well which is the scary stuff. After the game today he said " We were very aggressive, very good on transition, got forward quickly ". Never heard such crap in my life.
What he thought was good was exactly the problem. We had no control of the game at all because everything we did we tried to do at 100mph

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why do we need to go through the motions though? Why waste a season? We know he’s not good enough & it’s September. Sack him now & we can actually win something.

MichaelRed

What he thought was good was exactly the problem. We had no control of the game at all because everything we did we tried to do at 100mph
100%. Very good on transition? My arse. It was like we were trying to see how quickly we could give the ball away every time we won it.

MichaelRed

Why do we need to go through the motions though? Why waste a season? We know he’s not good enough & it’s September. Sack him now & we can actually win something.
Because we can waste a year of Ronaldo's career, fail to get top 4 & spend all summer trying to convince him that Europa league isn't that bad & please Ronny don't leave us again.

Really he should be sacked ASAP. Matic is done after this year, Donny will leave if Ole keeps managing him, Pogba is gone for nothing at the end of the season & Ronaldo will either only have 1 year left or he'll force a move from us like he did from Juve when he saw they were no-hopers.

OrcaFat

It’s actually horrible. Villa are a decent aide and those things can happen from time to time but literally every game we play, the opposition always look more comfortable than us. Doesn’t matter who it is, they just seem to know what they are doing yet here we are with a team of so called superstars and have no idea how to move the ball forward. It’s a joke. Games we have won are usually by a bit of brilliance, games we have lost or drawn are because we literally have no plan other than to rely on bits of brilliance. We make so many mistakes as a team, every single game you get some right comedic errors from these “superstars”.

You just have to point the finger towards the coaching/management. We actually look worse than last season. There’s no improvement and already are in danger of buggering up the whole season in October.

New players can’t just come in without a plan, unless you are Ole and think it’s as simple as that.
I think this is just your way of looking at it. It rarely looks that way to me.

Orton

I think this is just your way of looking at it. It rarely looks that way to me.
When you play against a team usually you are outfought, especially when you are a team full of individuals. The end result may vary. That’s how I see it. Management definitely doesn’t know how to counter this, or what our best team is.

OrcaFat

When you play against a team usually you are outfought, especially when you are a team full of individuals. The end result may vary. That’s how I see it. Management definitely doesn’t know how to counter this, or what our best team is.
Yeah sometimes it happens that way. To me, we usually look the better team and, as you know, we usually win.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
@Tom Cato @meamth @Wumminator @mu4c_20le maybe you can help us out a bit.

@OleBoiii sorry I forgot you, I'm curious.

I'm disappointed that we lost a game we should have won. Bruno missing a penalty in that fashion is both unusual and a big letdown. Considering his record for the cub from the spot it was the best choice, and at the same time the wrong choice since he missed. Hindsight is 20/20.

And that's about the level of calories I'm going to spend being negative. Please take this advice: Spending too much time pointing out problems, talking about problems and being negative about a thing you care about without offering any realistic solution that you yourself can impact is a huge waste of time and contributes nothing positive in your life.

One loss in the league is not a problem. It's a disappointment.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
No place for kneejerk reactions guys.
When was this thread made again?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I'm disappointed that we lost a game we should have won. Bruno missing a penalty in that fashion is both unusual and a big letdown. Considering his record for the cub from the spot it was the best choice, and at the same time the wrong choice since he missed. Hindsight is 20/20.

And that's about the level of calories I'm going to spend being negative. Please take this advice: Spending too much time pointing out problems, talking about problems and being negative about a thing you care about without offering any realistic solution that you yourself can impact is a huge waste of time and contributes nothing positive in your life.

One loss in the league is not a problem. It's a disappointment.
Okay, so if Bruno scores the penalty it would have been all good! Great, I see how you can be content with that cheers.

Just see it as one loss in the league, great!

This thread is going to be brilliant.

Jibbs

The wheels of the bus instead of going round and round , coming off all sides, but Ole's at the wheel.

Dominos

The issue is when you're looking at the games of the top teams in the league vs midtable and relegation candidates, they're always going to look dominant by the stats.

Liverpool lost about 6 home games in a row last season, and if you go back and look at the stats for them games you'll see they dominate most of them in terms of possession and shots taken. Do you think they played well in any of them games?

You cannot convince me we played well against Southampton, Wolves and Villa this season for example. If you don't bother watching the games and just look at some of the basic stats then you'd have fans making the case that we dominated in all of them.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Okay, so if Bruno scores the penalty it would have been all good! Great, I see how you can be content with that cheers.

Just see it as one loss in the league, great!

This thread is going to be brilliant.
You shouldnt ignore good advice like that :)

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
No place for kneejerk reactions guys.
When was this thread made again?
:lol:
The problem is not the manager. The problem is the Glazers. I have been saying the same thing for nine years and even named myself in honour of that belief. It just becomes a bit pointless saying it over and over.

GBBQ

:lol:
The problem is not the manager. The problem is the Glazers. I have been saying the same thing for nine years and even named myself in honour of that belief. It just becomes a bit pointless saying it over and over.
Listen the Galzers are parasites for sure but if you don’t think other top managers could have beaten West Ham and Villa easily this week with the players available then I have some magic beans to sell you buddy.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Listen the Galzers are parasites for sure but if you don’t think other top managers could have beaten West Ham and Villa easily this week with the players available then I have some magic beans to sell you buddy.
But what top manager would come to the graveyard of reputations? And why is it that way? Because of the way the club is run. And that's because of the Glazers.

Even a better non-top manger like Poch would struggle without a defensive midfield.