How could you possibly be content with this?

Son

Not sure you can blame the Glazers' when you see the vast amount of delusional United fans who think he's done an amazing job and believe he is the second coming of Fergie. He's not going anywhere until the matchgoing fans turn on him and that's not gonna happen.
Truth be told the Glazers have given us a pretty great squad now and it’s upto the manager to do better or he goes.

That is football and a giant club like United needs to move with the times and adapt. Ole isn’t the right man and we have known that from the start. He has done well all things considered but truth be told should have won a trophy at least by now.

DarkXaero

This is such a typical start to the season by United. We always take ages to get into some sort of groove and this season looks like it'll be no different. We need to get into better form quickly but no need panicking after 6 games. United are apparently playing poorly but have the same points as three other teams all apparently playing brilliant football. Go figure.
What has our early schedule been like though compared to other title contenders?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
What has our early schedule been like though compared to other title contenders?
Exactly the same? We've all had Europe games.

Chelsea are the only team if I remember rightly who have faced more than 1 of the big six since the start of the season

DarkXaero

Chelsea are the only team if I remember rightly who have faced more than 1 of the big six since the start of the season
No, it hasn't been the same, all the other title contenders have had tougher matchups so far compared to us. We've had a super easy schedule to start the season with in comparison. Chelsea have played Liverpool (away), Arsenal (away), Spurs (away), and City at home today. City have played Chelsea (away), Leicester (away), Spurs (away), and Arsenal (home). You could discount Arsenal there, and that's still a significantly tougher schedule so far. Liverpool are the only other team who have had a relatively easy start in the PL, but they've also played Chelsea already. We haven't played any of the top teams yet.

PSV

I'm not saying this to defend Ole per se, but the overall strength of the league now is miles different to the days of SAF. Pretty much every EPL team has full internationals these days, thanks to the financial success of the league. It used to be the 3 promoted teams were 18 automatic points and a chance to rotate, for example. Teams like West Ham and Villa were routinely dominated by the best teams, but look at how crowded the table was last season! It seemed that anyone could beat anyone, any day.

By which I mean to say that success now will look a little different to how it did under SAF, more disappointing results and lower point totals at the top.
We've achieved this 3 times in 29 seasons of PL. 07/08, 08/09 and 11/12.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

We have not played one of City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal or leicster.

Acole9

Outstanding
Solskjaer keeps saying we've made progress and a lot of us have believed it. But in all honesty have we? We've gone from not winning the league to still not winning the league. Also we haven't won a trophy for four years and Solskjaer has been in charge for nearly three of those.

The football is probably better but still not as good as it could be. The constant insistence on the double pivot is just so we simply don't get beaten when in some games it's not needed and is too restricted.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Reminds me a bit of England under Southgate where the goal is not to concede. Especially with the double pivot to protect the defense and then through the brilliance of the front four you score a kind of lucky goal. Then the opposing team attacks and this leaves space for the counter.

When teams sit back we are shite though. When we play teams that attack us, we look better.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Yet the points to win the league is higher nowadays than it was in Fergie’s era?
Many of these are thanks to City playing with a FIFA All-Stars team. Liverpool did have an amazing season that one year. Do you disagree with my claim the league miles stronger than it used to be? Results seem much harder to predict.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
We've achieved this 3 times in 29 seasons of PL. 07/08, 08/09 and 11/12.
I'm exaggerating a bit perhaps, I don't have the stats in front of me. I recall some extremely lopsided games two decades ago. That's a fine Stat you've come up with though.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
For the record I'm not one who likes Ole in charge, but I'm assuming our approaches for better managers have been unsuccessful. He's a decent caretaker manager until we can find the right person, but I don't see him winning multiple league titles and getting to CL finals.

justsomebloke

It's got everything to do with the Wolves game because there's a pattern there. The midfield is obviously an issue, but so is the fact that we are easy to get at. I said don't throw stats at me because I was talking about the ease in which Newcastle waltzed through us. You bringing up how much possession we had is irrelevant to that point. That's why I said don't just throw stats around like they prove a point because you are arguing against something I never said. I didn't say that Newcastle dominated the game or that they deserved to win. And the 4-1 result was flattering.
They weren't "waltzing through our midfield". They created a few chances largely through St.Maximin's and Almiron's speed and skill, which they do every game and against everyone.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
They weren't "waltzing through our midfield". They created a few chances largely through St.Maximin's and Almiron's speed and skill, which they do every game and against everyone.
So you agree then

Call it what you want. They were breaking through us with ease just like Wolves did and others do.

R'hllor

Are people that thick or just trolling when they say shit like, how we are on same amount of points as other top teams but fans claim that we are playing piss poor? Result and performance aint the same shit, guess people forgot that in our away winning streak we have games like last season vs BHA away, when they wiped the floor with us.

RkkMan

They won't settle for 4th but they are also professionals and don't really seem like the types to grumble too much. I expect they'll just get on with it. Ole's man management is one of his strengths and I'd expect him to keep even players like Ronaldo onside (unless the wheels really come off, which is unlikely).
Sir Alex is the only manager that has survived a sack under Ronaldo after a trophyless season. One thing I'm 100% sure of is CR7 won't accept playing Europa League Football considering he's literally nicknamed Mr Champions League. If we lose on Wednesday and the prospect of dropping out the group stages becomes real Ole will be in big trouble just like Sarri, Pirlo and Pellegrini in 2010. We probably sack him a little later on while the group is salvageable

Judas

Open to offers
How often do we actually perform well for the majority of a game? Should we really be expecting to have a dodgy first half (at least) most games? Because that's generally how it seems to go more often than not.

Conor

I just want to enjoy watching the majority of our games, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The last good game I remember us playing well minute 1 to minute 90 is the City win 2-0. After that, I don't know.

Shark

@NotShark
They won't settle for 4th but they are also professionals and don't really seem like the types to grumble too much. I expect they'll just get on with it. Ole's man management is one of his strengths and I'd expect him to keep even players like Ronaldo onside (unless the wheels really come off, which is unlikely).
I think you're wrong there.

Cloud7

Sir Alex is the only manager that has survived a sack under Ronaldo after a trophyless season. One thing I'm 100% sure of is CR7 won't accept playing Europa League Football considering he's literally nicknamed Mr Champions League. If we lose on Wednesday and the prospect of dropping out the group stages becomes real Ole will be in big trouble just like Sarri, Pirlo and Pellegrini in 2010. We probably sack him a little later on while the group is salvageable
I actually do think Ronaldo is the only presence around the club that might actually be able to influence things. The usual metrics the club uses to assess performance are Top 4 and ???????? with the ??????? making up the vast majority of it. However, Ronaldo is the sort of voice that the club hierarchy are likely to listen to if he were to voice some discontent. I certainly don't think he's going to be happy with a potential Europa League run and top 4 battle.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Can anyone explain to me why we couldn't have Sancho (or anyone capable of playing on the left) instead of Fred and Pogba in the middle? This is Aston Villa at home!!! Why do we need two players sitting in front of a so-called elite defence such as Varane and Maguire? People said we did that last season because there was no pace? Varane has the pace... AND he's a massive upgrade on Lindelof. So why are we still doing it? Shitbag tactics.
Ive been saying this too. Last year the excuse was, McFred and the double pivot only exist because they have to baby sit the most expensive defender on the planet because he hasnt got a world class partner.
So this year he has that partner, but surprise Ole still plays a double pivot that baby sits the defence in every bloody game.

ti vu

This is such a typical start to the season by United. We always take ages to get into some sort of groove and this season looks like it'll be no different. We need to get into better form quickly but no need panicking after 6 games. United are apparently playing poorly but have the same points as three other teams all apparently playing brilliant football. Go figure.
They have been playing big games against other title contenders. We haven't.

Some of them showed that they can go on a title winning run of form. So they're not really in form. They also have trophies to show for it to build up belief. Go figure.

Eddy_JukeZ

Not sure you can blame the Glazers' when you see the vast amount of delusional United fans who think he's done an amazing job and believe he is the second coming of Fergie. He's not going anywhere until the matchgoing fans turn on him and that's not gonna happen.
Our match-going fans didn't even turn on the toxic one nor Moyes.

It'd take a monstrous collapse from us for the Glazers to act and it won't happen, because our team has too much quality.

We might be stuck in football hell. Not good enough to contend for top honors, but not poor enough to incite change from the board.

Eddy_JukeZ

I highly doubt Ronaldo will be satisfied with a mere top 4 battle if it pans out that way.

Even at 36, he has way higher standards than that.

RC89

We've only won 1 of our last 4, and that was by virtue of Noble missing a late penalty (credit to DDG). Were playing very poorly, are fortunate that 2 of those losses came in cup competitions with respect to the league. Were going to waste this team if we dont get rid of Ole.

Our match-going fans didn't even turn on the toxic one nor Moyes.

It'd take a monstrous collapse from us for the Glazers to act and it won't happen, because our team has too much quality.

We might be stuck in football hell. Not good enough to contend for top honors, but not poor enough to incite change from the board.
I’ve feared this since Jan 2020, the squad has too many good players to ever do poorly enough for the board or enough fans to call for a change, yet too lacking on the coaching side to ever get the side challenging for big trophies.
We’re stuck in football limbo, always doing just enough to get enough fans and the board on side thinking that “one more position filled will be the secret”, then we fill that position and it’s another position, and so on and so on. These days it’s Declan Rice that’s somehow suddenly gonna make this football just work and us start challenging for top honours.
Next year it’ll be a new keeper, then a new striker again, then a new right back etc etc

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'll figure that one out for you. We've had far easier fixtures in the first 6 matchdays whereas our rivals have had a rougher ride (with as many points and better performances).

Eddy_JukeZ

I’ve feared this since Jan 2020, the squad has too many good players to ever do poorly enough for the board or enough fans to call for a change, yet too lacking on the coaching side to ever get the side challenging for big trophies.
We’re stuck in football limbo, always doing just enough to get enough fans and the board on side thinking that “one more position filled will be the secret”, then we fill that position and it’s another position, and so on and so on. These days it’s Declan Rice that’s somehow suddenly gonna make this football just work and us start challenging for top honours.
Next year it’ll be a new keeper, then a new striker again, then a new right back etc etc
Pretty much. All depends on the Glazers' ambitions.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Are people really making the argument that we are one point from the top after the games we had? Let's see where we are after next 5 games.

Plus the issue is performance. It's nearly October and we had probably 2 good half till now. Rest of the time we were hanging out for our lives. Table position could have been much worse and certainly doesn't reflect our performance

Last edited:

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Ole is kinda guy who doesn't move much in the office, but puts in huge sales at key apraisal moments. People will remain undecided for a long time before realizing the productivity isn't optimal.

RkkMan

I actually do think Ronaldo is the only presence around the club that might actually be able to influence things. The usual metrics the club uses to assess performance are Top 4 and ???????? with the ??????? making up the vast majority of it. However, Ronaldo is the sort of voice that the club hierarchy are likely to listen to if he were to voice some discontent. I certainly don't think he's going to be happy with a potential Europa League run and top 4 battle.
This is something people are forgetting. I said after we signed him that Ronaldo was a blessing and curse for Ole because on the pitch he'll get goals but off the pitch any dissatisfaction he'll have will be listened to more earnestly by players because he's Ronaldo and The Glazers because he's a bigger money making machine for them than Ole at this point. People here thinking Ole will just have it easy if he finishes trophyless or loses again in the CL are in for a rude(or pleasant) shock