How do Barcelona rebuild?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The key is to start with great attackers. They have a great talent in Fati, they've signed Ferran and will now get Adama who I think will be good for them given that he'll be playing further forward and some actual finishers.

Real Madrid knew this when they signed Vinicius and co, Bayern knew this when they signed their 50 wide players.

United are one of the only major teams that has a seriously poor set of attackers. Most of ours are converted strikers from the academy that aren't really true technical players that can dribble a man. And our two strikers are old.
Wait what? This post doesn't make sense. Nobdoy knows if Fati will ever be able to play high level football considering his body is screwed up at 18. Ferran Torres was a 14th choice up front for City and Adama Traore is Europa League level at best. I'm not even talking about Depay, De Jong etc. United's set of attackers is far superior to Barcelona's and it's not even close.

marktan

Wait what? This post doesn't make sense. Nobdoy knows if Fati will ever be able to play high level football considering his body is screwed up at 18. Ferran Torres was a 14th choice up front for City and Adama Traore is Europa League level at best. I'm not even talking about Depay, De Jong etc. United's set of attackers is far superior to Barcelona's and it's not even close.
How is it superior? Fati is injured but rest and surgery will fix it, technically he's >> any of our attackers.

Ferran is around the level of someone like Greenwood.

At striker were both shit.

They're signing Adama Traore who I think will turn out good for them. I never rated Sancho before we signed him, the guy is slow. Rashford is a striker that plays out wide.

I give it to Barca.

cyberman

The key is to start with great attackers. They have a great talent in Fati, they've signed Ferran and will now get Adama who I think will be good for them given that he'll be playing further forward and some actual finishers.

Real Madrid knew this when they signed Vinicius and co, Bayern knew this when they signed their 50 wide players.

United are one of the only major teams that has a seriously poor set of attackers. Most of ours are converted strikers from the academy that aren't really true technical players that can dribble a man. And our two strikers are old.
Jota and Jimenez were better finishers than any Barca attacker that have there now?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
How is it superior? Fati is injured but rest and surgery will fix it, technically he's >> any of our attackers.

Ferran is around the level of someone like Greenwood.

At striker were both shit.

They're signing Adama Traore who I think will turn out good for them. I never rated Sancho before we signed him, the guy is slow. Rashford is a striker that plays out wide.

I give it to Barca.
It's obviously not that easy, he had 3 different injuries (knee + muscle + tendon) that will keep him out of the pitch for almost a full year total.

And Sancho has proven himself FAR more than Fati so far the guy ended up with 16 goals + 20 assist in germany in a bad year, 20-20 the year before, 13-20 at 18 years old.

"The guy is slow".... I'm lost for words, you don't watch a lot of football outside of england do you?

And who is Barcelona's Ronaldo? Memphis? Come on.

marktan

It's obviously not that easy, he had 3 different injuries (knee + muscle + tendon) that will keep him out of the pitch for almost a full year total.

And Sancho has proven himself FAR more than Fati so far the guy ended up with 16 goals + 20 assist in germany in a bad year, 20-20 the year before, 13-20 at 18 years old.

"The guy is slow".... I'm lost for words, you don't watch a lot of football outside of england do you?

I watched a lot of Dortmund games. A lot. More than most people on this forum. His acceleration is slow, that's a fact. He struggles and always has to beat players from a standing start. Said it wouldn't translate well to the PL and it didn't.

Ronaldo is no longer Ronaldo. His touch and all round play started to decline in his last season at Juve, you can see it now with us every time he plays.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I watched a lot of Dortmund games. A lot. More than most people on this forum. His acceleration is slow, that's a fact. He struggles and always has to beat players from a standing start. Said it wouldn't translate well to the PL and it didn't.

Ronaldo is no longer Ronaldo. His touch and all round play started to decline in his last season at Juve, you can see it now with us every time he plays.
If his acceleration was slow (it's not), he couldn't beat players from a standing start, that's when acceleration matters the most. Regarding his top speed, he's not the fastest for sure but not slow by any metric.

" In that race, Rashford narrowly came out on top against a potential future team-mate. "
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-man-utd-rashford-sancho-24287624

marktan

If his acceleration was slow (it's not), he couldn't beat players from a standing start, that's when acceleration matters the most. Regarding his top speed, he's not the fastest for sure but not slow by any metric.

" In that race, Rashford narrowly came out on top against a potential future team-mate. "
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-man-utd-rashford-sancho-24287624
That's what I said. Anyway we're not getting anywhere and going off topic , most United fans from watching him this season would agree that he looks slow, you can read his thread.

Lee565

Barca and Madrid will always find it easy to recover from set backs, they are part of the second most notorious league in europe, both teams are viewed as guaranteed champions league football every season for a player, both can offer favourable wages, both have a great history behind them, can offer great cities to live in and very nice weather to enjoy on and off the pitch.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

Fati obviously has the problem of injuries, he was injured for a year from breaking his tibia and fibula, another year from his meniscus and now this. Being healthy he is more of a player than any of the United strikers, he is a very intelligent player with a lot of talent for the goal, in fact in youth teams he was a striker, where he already played in the Spanish national team and with Koeman.

For next year Barcelona will sign a striker, the goal is Haaland. If it can't be they will try Isak.
And maybe they'll sign another winger.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't get why they didn't ask for Trincao back. He looks much more talented than Traore.
Because this is a quick fix for 5 months. They'd rather get the money for Trincao and sign someone actually world class in the summer

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Because this is a quick fix for 5 months. They'd rather get the money for Trincao and sign someone actually world class in the summer
I don’t think Adame fixes anything for Barca. He doesn’t assist and he doesn’t score.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think they are doing quite well.
don't like Adama but he is from La Masía and he is a decent player for a secondary role.
Ferrán was a great signing in my opinion and they have good promises in midfield. I wouldn't rule out Haaland or a big move in the market to put them back in a competitive position.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Fati obviously has the problem of injuries, he was injured for a year from breaking his tibia and fibula, another year from his meniscus and now this. Being healthy he is more of a player than any of the United strikers, he is a very intelligent player with a lot of talent for the goal, in fact in youth teams he was a striker, where he already played in the Spanish national team and with Koeman.
It's far too early to assess who's "more of a player", a lot of things can go sideway even without counting the injuries. The kid has 18 goals over 3 different seasons, he's obviously talented but Sancho for exemple started to have 15 or 20 goals + 20 assists per season when he was 18.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
It's far too early to assess who's "more of a player", a lot of things can go sideway even without counting the injuries. The kid has 18 goals over 3 different seasons, he's obviously talented but Sancho for exemple started to have 15 or 20 goals + 20 assists per season when he was 18.
In the Spanish league the teams park the bus a lot, in addition, a lot of play time is lost.
We will see what statistics Sancho will get in the premier to get an idea of his potential.

A. Fati has a good shot and placed in the angle, is very smart playing and makes good decisions. Another thing is that he is very strong mentally. Obviously he has to improve several aspects of the game but his potential and intelligence and desire to improve make him have a higher ceiling.

Sancho or Greenwood can be fantastic players if they improve year by year because they have great skills.
Right now I prefer Sancho over Greenwood because he has better decision making.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
In the Spanish league the teams park the bus a lot, in addition, a lot of play time is lost.
We will see what statistics Sancho will get in the premier to get an idea of his potential.

A. Fati has a good shot and placed in the angle, is very smart playing and makes good decisions. Another thing is that he is very strong mentally. Obviously he has to improve several aspects of the game but his potential and intelligence and desire to improve make him have a higher ceiling.

Sancho or Greenwood can be fantastic players if they improve year by year because they have great skills.
Right now I prefer Sancho over Greenwood because he has better decision making.
I agree with everything you say, Fati is a top prospect (bar the injuries), I'm just saying that he'll need to continue to improve to claim the "more of a player" title. Even with more playtime a looser defenses in bundesliga, a 20 goals 20 assists at 19 years old is damn impressive.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Adama is ok for them with their current situation. Don't think he's anyhthing special but they could had gone for someone worse, like they signed Luuk de Jong.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Messi will be back in the summer.
impossible. It would require Messi accepting 4-5m net wages for them to sign him.
Else with new rules from LaLiga management they would sell 2/3 of the squad to sign Messi on his old wages.
Also it's to see PSG letting him go like that.
Just for merchandise reasons he is a very important asset for PSG

PeteManic

impossible. It would require Messi accepting 4-5m net wages for them to sign him.
Else with new rules from LaLiga management they would sell 2/3 of the squad to sign Messi on his old wages.
Also it's to see PSG letting him go like that.
Just for merchandise reasons he is a very important asset for PSG
And that’s why he won’t be on the same wages, if any wages at all.

PSG will let him go as it was all a big set up.

SER19

They remind me of AC Milan from around a decade back now. Loan deals and old guys like Aguero. Incredible drop off that makes our decline look like a minor blip

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
They remind me of AC Milan from around a decade back now. Loan deals and old guys like Aguero. Incredible drop off that makes our decline look like a minor blip

F. Torres has been signed by 55M. Barcelona are asking for loan players mainly because there is a pretty tough financial fair play in Spain, without that FFP they would have signed some more player. And they are also balancing the expense and income account.

With that same FFP in England and no one could make the signings they have made after the losses of the 2 years of the pandemic.

And what I'm going to say may seem wrong to some, but Barcelona are in a better sporting situation than Manchester United.

SER19

F. Torres has been signed by 55M. Barcelona are asking for loan players mainly because there is a pretty tough financial fair play in Spain, without that FFP they would have signed some more player. And they are also balancing the expense and income account.

With that same FFP in England and no one could make the signings they have made after the losses of the 2 years of the pandemic.

And what I'm going to say may seem wrong to some, but Barcelona are in a better sporting situation than Manchester United.
Very very debatable. They're in the Europa league and starting luuk de jong and signing Adama traore. They're league is less competitive than England so they'll probably win a title before united but they have as long a journey back to winning a CL as united

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
what a joke of a post, United’s decline is just as bad if not worse

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
United decline isn't that bad, even if SAF stayed i doubt he would win many trophies in current PL, as the league has become more competitive than ever, and will be worse, especially with the new Saudi takeover of Newcastle.
United decline isn't solely because of bad decisions at the board, but also because the league is more competitive now.
In other times United would have still competed for the league, despite not looking great(they did in last SAF years) now their flaws are more notorious due to the competition.

DaGOAT

Barca’s midfield is obviously very talented:

Pedri, Gavi, Frenkie, Nico etc. Busquets soon done but still humming from time to time.

Barca needs to focus on their defensive and attack.

Fati and Ferran together when Fati gets back will look very good.
Side note: Spain will really benefit from Pedri, Gavi, Frenkie and Fati playing together at their club.

But at the moment their attack lacks a lot with Ferran the only player of Barca quality. Depay (not really Barca quality) and are both injured.

Adama will provide speed and dribble but questionable output in terms of goals and assists

Now Barca are trying to get Aubameyang on loan too.

Adama - Aubameyang - Ferran

Can that trio get you into top 4?

Barca better hope so, because Fati will be out for 10-12 weeks at the minimum.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Except that they last won a Liga in 2019, and so far, no Top6 seasons.

I don't get why people keep comparing us (in the most competitive league in the world) with the likes of AC Milan or Barca.

Hughes35

From the likes of Suarez and Messi to Auba and Adama is quite unbelievable in such a short space of time.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Very very debatable. They're in the Europa league and starting luuk de jong and signing Adama traore. They're league is less competitive than England so they'll probably win a title before united but they have as long a journey back to winning a CL as united
This year has been to structure the economy and make it sustainable. Under normal circumstances and without the plague of injuries Barcelona should make top 4 without much trouble.

The important thing is to be competitive and regular in the league, the CL can be won by staying 20 points behind the champion in the league, there are many cases.

Right now it is much harder to win the English League than Spain, is very obvious.
In a few years we will have to see. Madrid with the signing of Mbappe and some other players, new stadium that will generate about 150-200M more a year can be a very difficult opponent.

And in the premier league, Guardiola and Klopp won't be much else. In addition, several important players are already having an age ( De Bruyne, Salah, Mane, VVD...
We will have to wait to see how all this evolves.

United decline isn't that bad, even if SAF stayed i doubt he would win many trophies in current PL, as the league has become more competitive than ever, and will be worse, especially with the new Saudi takeover of Newcastle.
United decline isn't solely because of bad decisions at the board, but also because the league is more competitive now.
In other times United would have still competed for the league, despite not looking great(they did in last SAF years) now their flaws are more notorious due to the competition.
United has been lowering the level for 9 years with the current one. Several years of not qualifying for champions and not fighting for the league.

This is the first year for Barcelona with such a low level, but the good thing is that they are taking action and acting with a firm hand. No renewal of Messi, lowering of salaries, selling players who have cost a lot of money... It will come out better or worse but they don't fall asleep in mediocrity. Also, having a clear game philosophy helps a lot. Bartomeu did not follow that philosophy and that is how the disaster began.

SER19

Except that they last won a Liga in 2019, and so far, no Top6 seasons.

I don't get why people keep comparing us (in the most competitive league in the world) with the likes of AC Milan or Barca.
That's my point. They won a title in 2019 and were some way competitive in CL until reasonably recently.

Now their squad is absolutely terrible and they're signing PL cast offs,led by a manager with less experience than Solskjaer.

Its incredible how quickly they've fallen away, I'd be shocked if they even win the Europa

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Hire an experienced, qualified coach like Valverde.

No, im not saying it will or should be Valverde, his chapter at the club is over, but just someone likes him, with a decent record for coaching is all.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Barcelona is an example of what would happen if an FM-playing football fan ran an actual football club. The spunking of the Neymar cash was the beginning of the end. They should hire whoever does Liverpool's transfer business.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
That's my point. They won a title in 2019 and were some way competitive in CL until reasonably recently.

Now their squad is absolutely terrible and they're signing PL cast offs,led by a manager with less experience than Solskjaer.

Its incredible how quickly they've fallen away, I'd be shocked if they even win the Europa
Then again, that sounds like us; I'd say they are in our 15-16, but with their Ole already (not Van Gaal; Koeman was probably their Van Gaal). I think Madrid will dominate this decade of Spanish football (6-7 Ligas out of 10), but Barca won't become a Top4-6 club, mainly because of the asymmetries of LaLiga and a total lack of a strong/traditional Top6.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Are Barca's finances now all Rosey? How are they affording everyones wages now considering their other players had to take massive cuts ?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Are Barca's finances now all Rosey? How are they affording everyones wages now considering their other players had to take massive cuts ?
Well, with a lot of work and effort. In this transfer window Barcelona loaned Coutinho, Iñaki Peña and Collado. Aguero retired, Yusuf Demir out, Umtiti salary reduction.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Barcelona dont get to compete with oil clubs and the la liga isn't half as strong as the english league. They will still make it to CL most of the times and thus attract better players than us if we cant get CL.

Plus they have nice weather :angel:

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Barcelona dont get to compete with oil clubs and the la liga isn't half as strong as the english league. They will still make it to CL most of the times and thus attract better players than us if we cant get CL.

Plus they have nice weather :angel:
Not much to brag about tbh, if it wasn't for oil Chelsea and City, United would have won more trophies after SAF left.

I'm pretty sure most would prefer oil clubs to disappear if it means Man Utd winning more trophies domestically.