How long will Pep and Klopp stay at City and Liverpool?

livkalo

Supports
Liverpool
I would be genuinely surprised if any of them has a Wenger/Fergie type of stay at their clubs. Pep has always seemed to be a wanderer and I believe he has the desire to conquer all the major leagues in Europe and probably to win trophies on national level, so I think he won't stay longer than 20/21.

Klopp on the other hand is longer dedicated to his clubs, but If he wins the league in the next 2-3 season, he will resign. I think he took the job with the purpose of winning the PL and once he has done it, he'll hang around a year or two and then he'll take a break from football before moving back to a German team (or the national team as someone above said).

I don't really think any of them want to see how far they could go with their club, but to show that they are able win the major trophies in charge of those teams.

Well, back to the original question - for the sake of prediction I'd say Pep will go at the end of the 20-21 season and Klopp the season after.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
I seem to remember Pep saying that if we had won the CL along with the PL last season, he'd have left as he couldn't top it. If he wins the CL he might go, but I don't think he'll win it here. Klopp will outlast him in my opinion.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Thought I read somewhere Klopp is unlikely to manage at Liverpool past 2022 when his current contract is set to expire. That means he'd be there for 7 years similar to his time at Dortmund and Mainz. He's said that he doesn't want to be managing when he's older.

I'd imagine Pep will leave after this season or next. Whenever he gets that elusive CL title.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't see Klopp going anywhere unfortunately. He seems to be madly in love with that city and their fans. Only a meltdown of Dortmund esque proportion might make him reconsider.

On Pep, I think he'll be at City until he sees out his contract.
From an opposition perspective im not as worried about Klopp staying. What i mean by that is not that i think he will decline as a manager it's i think Liverpool's current consistentcy is a perfect storm of unreal recruitment as much as Klopp's genius (although some would argue the former is part of the latter), the odds are he won't replace his current players as well when the time comes and i think Liverpool will fall (if you can call it that) to challenging with points in the 80's

Pep on the other hand, if he can successfully tweak his methods to make him a long term manager we're all up shit creek without a paddle but thankfully he doesn't seem interested in that.

R'hllor

Dunno but i rather them staying and us reaching their levels instead of them dropping on ours. Maybe it weird and mental for saying such a thing.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Klopp won't leave until he's knocked us off our premier league perch. That'll be 3 titles. Once they get one they'll get a few then he'll be off.
Pep will want a couple of Champions Leagues and again once they get one they'll get another.
5 years of this torment still to go and yet to hit us where it really hurts.

Irrational.

I can see Pep becoming jaded and leaving in the next season or two.

Sadly, I can see Klopp building a dynasty at Liverpool with his cult like following.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
I think Klopp leaving will hurt Liverpool more than Pep leaving City. I see City being serious title contenders for many years to come with or without Pep. Liverpool could easily fall back into the chasing pack without Klopp.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Klopp I dont see leaving too soon tbh, though who knows after another 3 seasons. Pep could be the second he wins the champions league, or if they fail in that again he could leave at any minute. Hard to say, but I doubt he'll be at City by 2021/22, while Klopp I feel like will stay past that at least.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Pep will go at the end of his contract which I believe is the end of next season? That will make City tied for the longest he's held a position correct?

Klopp? I have no idea. I've always felt the wheels will come off at Liverpool and then they'll be a mutual parting of the ways but there's no sign of that happening anytime soon

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
If this is about some vain hope that once these two go, we can breeze back into top spot, I think we need to think again. They are both outstanding managers, but it is the infrastructure behind them
that has to crumble if we are to replace them. Before Guardiola, City had won the Title and several cups with both Mancini and Pellegrini. Liverpool are a lesser known quantity, but this period of success could well galvanise their post Klopp future. The infrastructure that I refer to is the infrastructure that we clearly didn’t have post Alex Ferguson - if we had it, we’d have done what City have done post Mancini. Ferguson had the final say on everything, but since he knew what he was doing, that was fine. We’ve now had a procession of managers who don’t know what they are doing and guess what? It’s all turned to shit. Continuity is the ‘x’ factor that successful clubs strive for. City definitely have it with their CEO, DoF etc, Liverpool will probably aquire it. A complete structural rebuild at Utd will be necessary to have any hope of challenging City and Liverpool.

Cait Sith

Pep already has a pre agreement with Juventus in place. I never got involved in betting but I'm willing to bet a 4 digit sum on this if someone shows me how I can bet on this with a good return.

The rumours this summer about him joining Juventus were correct, just got the timing wrong.

We know he always knows his next destination beforehand as he likes to be "seduced" (Bayern and City were both well planned more than a year prior, he even got involved in De Bruyne transfer while still being Bayern coach).

We know he won't coach another English team, won't go back to Bundesliga and will also not return to Barca as he doesn't get along with the current Barca board. Only logical destinations: Juventus or PSG.

I would be even willing to bet that the reason De Ligt joined Juventus had something to do with Pep being their next coach.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp will stay until the end of his contract in 2022. I think its very unlikely he will stay longer than that.

He has apparently said that he would only ever make one move away from Germany, for his family's sake so he could well retire or at least take some time off in 2022.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I could see Klopp staying for a long time. Pep maybe 2-3 more years.

Pep I think will go next summer. He will have won two or three leagues unchallenged by then and will want to move on before anyone questions his record.

Klopp maybe 2 years before his high intensity style burns his players out and the fans turn against him.

Castia

Think Klopp will be their for years yet.

Pep I’m not sure. It always feels like he could go into a breakdown at any moment, when the pressure gets high it starts to effect him.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I hope one of them comes to United. Preferably both.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Pep already has a pre agreement with Juventus in place. I never got involved in betting but I'm willing to bet a 4 digit sum on this if someone shows me how I can bet on this with a good return.

The rumours this summer about him joining Juventus were correct, just got the timing wrong.

We know he always knows his next destination beforehand as he likes to be "seduced" (Bayern and City were both well planned more than a year prior, he even got involved in De Bruyne transfer while still being Bayern coach).

We know he won't coach another English team, won't go back to Bundesliga and will also not return to Barca as he doesn't get along with the current Barca board. Only logical destinations: Juventus or PSG.

I would be even willing to bet that the reason De Ligt joined Juventus had something to do with Pep being their next coach.
Doesn't Sarri have a contract until 2022? I highly doubt Juve would have two star managers under contract simultaneously and Pep wouldn't sign a contract in three years time, that would be completely idiotic.

Pep may end up there next but I can't imagine he's already signed a contract there. Most likely there were talks but that's it. Or do you have any sources?

Holocene

Doesn't Sarri have a contract until 2022? I highly doubt Juve would have two star managers under contract simultaneously and Pep wouldn't sign a contract in three years time, that would be completely idiotic.

Pep may end up there next but I can't imagine he's already signed a contract there. Most likely there were talks but that's it. Or do you have any sources?
I think that poster is implying a verbal agreement, defefinitely not contractual. Not that I believe those rumours though.

0le

Klopp could be there for many years, but Pep will leave at some point. Hopefully Liverpool continue to fail to win the league.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Pep would leave this Christmas and Klopp would leave this new year. Merry Christmas and happy new year.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The thought of Klopp leaving already in 22 is terrifying. I am not ready for that.

Codie

I believe Klopp said he would not leave Liverpool unless his contract expired, so at the earliest it will be 22, unless he signs a new contract. I think he would take the German national team job after the next World Cup (maybe taking a year off in between)

Pep will leave next summer if he wins the CL or the summer after if not, I also think he has some sort of agreement with Juve and he will want to have Ronaldo still playing to give him a better chance of winning the CL so maybe he does leave next summer regardless of CL at City.

meamth

Stay as long as they want. If we want to win the league again, I don't want to win against weakend Liverpool and City, I want to win with them both at their peak.

Regarding the topic, I bet Pep will leave first, Klopp will stay for long.

Bestietom

Thought I read somewhere Klopp is unlikely to manage at Liverpool past 2022 when his current contract is set to expire. That means he'd be there for 7 years similar to his time at Dortmund and Mainz. He's said that he doesn't want to be managing when he's older.

I'd imagine Pep will leave after this season or next. Whenever he gets that elusive CL title.
Did he not say just lately that he will retire when his contract finishes in 2022. Is this right.

Bwuk

I could see Klopp leaving when this side ages out.

Pep I can’t see leaving unless City win the quadruple or something. He’s a control freak and City have the set up to give him everything he needs/wants.

Cait Sith

I have no sources, these are my own thoughts.

Sarri's contract ends in 2022, yes. Pep's ends in 2021. He might take another sabbatical. Ronaldo's contract also ends in 2022, I don't think Pep will coach 36/37 year old Ronaldo.

I'm 100 % sure he will coach Juventus next, whether it happens in 2021 immediately after his contract runs out (releasing Sarri with 1 year left on his contract is no issue) or in 2022, I don't know. There is no other choice though, only PSG or Barca return would be other options. No way he goes back to Barca with Bartomeu at the helm. Possibly not even if Bartomeu were to lose the next elections as Pep can only ruin his reputation post Messi if he does not improve on Valverde's "only winning domestically and getting embarrassed in the CL", which is highly likely given Pep's CL record at Bayern and City.

PSG is also likely but compared to Juventus it's 70:30 Juventus IMO. PSG will lose Neymar and in a few years also Mbappe and after the World Cup in Qatar I'm not even sure the owners will have much interest left in the "project".

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Max 3 more seasons for Pep. Juve next stop, will finish either at Barca/La Masia if he gets enough autonomy or else a different role with City Football Group.

Klopp, no idea but some reckon he becomes tiresome to the players after a while so we may be nearing that point?

humdinger

I think Pep will be gone at the end of his current contract.

I think Klopp will stay for a while yet, unfortunately.

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
I think Klopp has said he will honor his current contract (till 2022) and then take sabbatical for a year. I hope he at least wins 1 PL before his sabbatical. I'd love to have him back at Liverpool after his sabbatical but knowing him, he may take another interesting project of reviving sleeping giant. As other Liverpool fans said, it makes me uneasy thinking of him leaving us in 2022.

marktan

Both will get sacked by the end of the season. And you can quote me on that.