How many points will we win from our next 13 PL games?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
You think we’ll win 12 in succession? We’d be top of the league if that happened. No chance. All very winnable games though.

Ibi Dreams

28 points, but I reckon we'll look decent in some draws and losses

YouknowNani

You think we’ll win 12 in succession? We’d be top of the league if that happened. No chance. All very winnable games though.
We'd still unlikely be top of the league with 12 wins in succession. Cityand Liverpool would both have to lose 4 games out of 12 or draw the majority of those games for that to be the case, so United being top wouldn't happen that quickly. That run of 12 games certainly looks winnable on paper though.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Let's take the obligatory random L, two annoying draws and everything else Ws.

That'll be 32 points.

To be pessimistic, let's say 2 random Ls or 3 annoying draws, so 29-30 points maybe more realistic.

NewYorkRed

Our midfield and defense problems didn’t just magically get fixed over night. RR will improve us for sure, and Varane coming back should give the defense a boost, but I’m still concerned about shipping cheap goals and our inability to break down teams that sit back.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we have a few bumps in the road in this generally easy run.

estel_manutd

We have the squad to win >=35 points from the next 13 games - I'd be disappointed with fewer than 35 points.

wolvored

Villa and West Ham are the 2 potential banana skins, but it will probably be a Burnley or Leeds we will slip up to.

YouknowNani

Our midfield and defense problems didn’t just magically get fixed over night. RR will improve us for sure, and Varane coming back should give the defense a boost, but I’m still concerned about shipping cheap goals and our inability to break down teams that sit back.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we have a few bumps in the road in this generally easy run.
That's true. For a minute I forgot we have Maguire at the back. No way can we go on a long win streak with him at the back.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
This place sometimes :lol:

We had a good 30 mins against palace and now off a sudden there's talk of going on a 12 match unbeaten run FFS!

Let's just take each game as It comes, focus on improving our build up play, pressing and defense. Let's not get carried away yet! Need I remind you that had Jordan Ayew not missed an absolute golden sitter we'd be 1-0 down to palace!

Reactions: esmufc07

Wilt

Utd will be odds on favourites for every game, apart from City.

Dion

There's a massive fixture pileup in the next two months with 3 days before each game. A manager who doesn't know the squad very well and so doesn't know how to get the best out of it in terms of rotation, plenty of injuries already and likely more to come. Add to this he's trying to implement a style which is incredibly taxing physically, with little time for physical conditioning and tactical preparation and you're going to drop points.

20 would be poor, 25 is probably about par and anything more than that would be a decent effort.

KingCavani

Norwich (a) - W
Brentford (a) - L
Brighton (h) - W
Newcastle (a) - W
Burnley (h) - W
Wolves (h) - W
Villa (a) - L
West Ham (h) - D
Burnley (a) - D
Southampton (h) - W
Leeds (a) - L
Watford (h) - W
City (a) - L

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We are going to lose a few games. High presses take time to master. Even against Palace you could see a fek ton of space behind for a half smart team to play the ball into. Unless DdG suddenly becomes an amazing sweeper keeper then lots of clubs are going to figure out our new achilles heel pretty damn quick. Maguire is too slow to do much about it and Varane is crocked.

But this time next year we will look decent.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Utd will be odds on favourites for every game, apart from City.
Even so, if you wanted a double on the Norwich and Brentford games the odds of winning both are less than 40%.

Waynne

We are going to lose a few games. High presses take time to master. Even against Palace you could see a fek ton of space behind for a half smart team to play the ball into. Unless DdG suddenly becomes an amazing sweeper keeper then lots of clubs are going to figure out our new achilles heel pretty damn quick. Maguire is too slow to do much about it and Varane is crocked.

But this time next year we will look decent.
Pressing is entirely dependent on the front players executing it perfectly or close to perfectly. If front 2 and midfield can do the necessary to apply the right pressure, it wouldn't matter if there's gaping holes in behind.
Even the slower players are capable of pulling off a good press. It's all about positioning and when to execute it. That much will take a while to coach into the team so it becomes second nature.
I'll take a few losses and dodgy draws if it meant the team is progressing on that front. I've maintained before that I'm willing to accept we'll lose if it means the team and backroom staff are actively working towards a common goal on how to play as a unit.
What I don't like is how some are over analyzing this 1 game against Palace.
While it was a great performance, there's still some Ole left behind in this team that needs to be removed before we're fully able to move on and adopt a new play style.
I afford Ralf all the time in the world to get that right.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I think we will be brought back to reality with the realisation that Ralf’s philosophy will take a while to implement - possibly the better part of 6 months.

I see at least 3 games where we will drop points.

lex talionis

It’s impossible to have any clue how we’ll look, or our opponents, 10 matches from now. Best to think 4-6 matches out and at this point it’s not hard to see us winning those 4-6 matches.

Eli Zee

Gonna go for 9 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss before the City game where we lose. 53 points after 28 games.

Really of the next 12, we should be getting close to perfect. It's a really nice run. Wolves, Villa and West Ham are tricky, maybe 1 win and 2 draws from those 3 and then assume a slip up somewhere else. I'd be disappointed with fewer than 9 wins from that run. Hard to ask for more, 29 points from 12 games leading up to City would basically put us just below 2ppg for the season which is always a good guide for top 4.
I feel like these are all games we'd look at individually and say "we should win."
But when you put them as 12 in a row, it becomes about consistency against the lower level teams which we've lacked for years.

that being said, I really think with RR we will win all except 1... Idk against who, but I just see a draw we were unlucky to win being in there somewhere. I think we'll beat city

so for 13 games, 38/39 points? Jesus Christ that's a lot of confidence to havein a new manager. If it was Ole, I'd have not been anywhere near as confident.

dal

Anything over 27 points and I’ll be gobsmacked.

Interval

Level
Norwich (a) W
Brentford (a) D
Brighton (h) L
Newcastle (a) W
Burnley (h) W
Wolves (h) D
Villa (a) D
West Ham (h) D
Burnley (a) W
Southampton (h) W
Leeds (a) W
Watford (h) W
City (a) L

25 points.

Daengophile

City have dropped 10 points in 15 games.

We should be looking at dropping no more than 5 in 13 to keep in touch

Doesn't really answer your question!

Cloud7

I think we'll be somewhere close to perfect. Maybe one draw.

tomaldinho1

Lovely run. No doubt we’ll drop a few more points than that but we should be winning most of those games.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It's not the fixtures that are the main concerns here, rather if we have the fitness in the players to see us through the festive period relatively injury free and not fatigued.

Ronaldo is doing too much heavy lifting without assistance and this period of the year is usually his slumber time to recuperate before his all out assault on the run-in and the Champions League; I feel he'll be severely compromised if our other attackers don't share the load, pronto.

Cavani, Rashford, Martial are all needed in some capacity, but I'm not sure we can depend on any of them to stay fit and properly contribute during this run of games. I made a thread about how stacked we are up top, but didn't expect Cavani to be absent for such prolonged periods of time, and I also hoped Rashford would be back-back (:smirk:) and not a husk of himself. I guess if Greenwood can step up and lead the line, some of these concerns can be assuaged, but as of now, it feels like our goal threat relies on too few players.

The other area of concern is the perpetual, infinite over reliance on Fred and McTominay; rest and rotation of the two them will go a long way to determining how well we traverse this proverbial landscape.

If we can get Cavani back, and nothing goes awry in midfield, there's every reason to be optimistic and believe we can come out the other side with 30+ points, but if not, I expect us to flag and start dropping 'unexpected' points.

slored1

Norwich (a) - W
Brentford (a) - W
Brighton (h) - W
Newcastle (a) - W
Burnley (h) - W
Wolves (h) - D
Villa (a) - D
West Ham (h) - W
Burnley (a) - W
Southampton (h) - W
Leeds (a) - W
Watford (h) - W
City (a) - L

gajender

Have threads like these ever aged well?
They seldom do because these kind of threads mostly appear when team is generally inconsistent and not at the top level so rarely they meet the most optimistic expectations predicted .
Nobody would bother to make these kind of threads once we start doing well consistently and start contending for the league .

EdinburghDevil

I think if we get 32 points of more we'll be good position in terms of the top 4 which after the start of the season is surely what the aim in the league is for this year.