How well will Wout Weghorst do?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What will be considered a good loan spell from him for you? Is he our alternative option off the bench? An aerial menace? The best shielder of a ball since Hughes? The greatest aerial threat since Joe Jordan or Tommy Taylor? Or is he the whut you can't believe we've dragged from the darkest corners of nowhere to be here?

I don't think I've seen a single minute of this guy in action, or not that I can actively recall anyway, and I'm assuming that's the case for a fair amount of us. No idea if we will have a Larsson, Igahlo or Falcao on our hands, but he's obviously not come here as a joke, so there surely has to be serious plans to both play and integrate him into the squad properly.

What does he have to do for you to deem him a worthwhile loan, especially so if you believe we're in a title race where 'every game is a cup final'?

Last edited:

King Eric 7

The lowest expectation is that he chips in with the odd goal and doesn't negatively affect the way we play. I think that he'll play a hell of a lot of minutes for us as Martial just can't stay fit enough, so I expect quite a few starts for him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If he's an average striker, he will score goals in this team. I'm more concerned about his holdup play and passing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm quite sure he'll fit the team well. The extra work rate and aerial threat is something we're very clearly missing up front, so he'll make us function better as a unit in a lot of games. And I suspect he'll feature more often than some people think.

I honestly have no idea what actual goal returns he'll get though.

Someone

Something
He comes with low expectations so I think 5+ goals and he'll be considered a success.

Devil81

I think he will shock a few people and bang in a load of goals, we create chances with our pace and often we are crying out for a striker for them to supply.

I think double figures.

AshRK

He will outperform Martial. A burnley reject leading us to a title charge will be fun to watch

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm basically convinced that Ten Hag is a wizard by now, so if he knocks in 15 goals and looks like prime Marco van Basten, I'm barely going to be surprised.

Eplel

My bet is he will outscore Darwin Nunez for the season.

city-puma

If Martial is fit, it will be the ETH’s rotation approach, one play 70min and the other plays 20 mins. Then, the next game, reverse it. Everyone is always involved to navigate through two games per week schedule.

Ted Lasso

What will be considered a good loan spell from him for you?
If he scores some important goals as part of a winning run for any trophy. He brought Holland back from the brink with two goals including a last kick equalizer vs Argentina so he certainly has it in him
:D

Chairman Steve

Early prediction for me is 5-10 goals in all competitions. If he exceeds that and has a bunch of assists then we’ve got a decision to make in the summer whether we buy him outright.

Sviken

Honestly just be an active forward. We have people that can deliver goals, but we don't have a forward who can link-up well and press up front.

Elcabron

Honestly just be an active forward. We have people that can deliver goals, but we don't have a forward who can link-up well and press up front.
Amen to that. Work rate, link up play to make the team function better and a few goals is all I ask. I think he can do that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A hard working big guy with decent technique, I think he'll do really well. Our attack has loads of it's lack of experience issues and injury issues, but also nobody capable of bringing what he can. So I think he'll do really well and wouldn't be surprised to see us bid to sign him in the summer

Anduin

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him being a 1 in 2 striker over the course of the season, good goal scorer and we create loads of chances now. If ETH even manages to make AWB look like a footballer, I have zero doubts that Wout’s loan spell will be successful.

Ricardo de la Vega

If he can press well, hold up the ball, get a few goals and be a threat in the air, he'll be absolutely an upgrade on Martial.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Being a striker for United and a striker for Burnley is different things. But if he does the pressing and offer hold up play, and mostly stays in the box during attacks he'd be an improvement on our shape, just on the face of moving more like a striker. He should score a few goals in this team, if he is any good.

Arlo

I'm hoping he does well and he's already got some credit in the bank with me for bringing his family to the game today.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Think he will score on his debut and then provide the odd goal with some average performances. I don’t see him being a failure or a success. Just average.

Slightly better than Ighalo.
One of the weirdest transfers in history.

Drizzle

5 goals, 2 assists. Will often look clumsy and slow. Occasionally imperious in box situations. Will be seen as a modest success in difficult circumstances.