How will you deal with it when Pool win the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
The writing is on the wall, a perfect storm is close to landing. The result looks like it will be Liverpool winning the league. Cue Stevie G running around and the Pool loving media fawning all over how the "great club" is back in its rightful place. Sky/BT Sports and the likes have been beefing up their scouser analysts and "experts" in anticipation of the horrible day.

Today defeat for Chelsea at Palace was the final straw for me, with Pool having no European commitments their squad just has to focus on 8 more games to get the league. A few draws against the big teams at home and the league just might be theirs.

It just wont feel right seeing them as champions, its almost making me support City for a few weeks.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'd rather see them winning it than City or Chelsea, bar the thought of Suarez lifting that trophy. They've played the best football, would be unexpected and would be underdogs compared to Chelsea and City who have much more money to spend, and it'd be something different. Not to mention I have a lot of respect for Rodgers as a manager.

I don't get why people want City to win it. I'd argue it's more embarrassing for us to finishing 6th/7th and see our cross-city rivals who we used to laugh at win it instead of a side who used to win it a lot like Liverpool winning it.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I'll be disappointed. But it would've be the same thing if Chelsea or City win. Not that much though, don't care a lot about others, United not being there hurts much much more.

Hoping still Arsenal could get back. They do have some annoying internet creatures, but still, the club is easiest to support in case such as this.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I'd rather see them winning it than City or Chelsea, bar the thought of Suarez lifting that trophy. They've played the best football, would be unexpected and would be underdogs compared to Chelsea and City who have much more money to spend, and it'd be something different. Not to mention I have a lot of respect for Rodgers as a manager.

I don't get why people want City to win it. I'd argue it's more embarrassing for us to finishing 6th/7th and see our cross-city rivals who we used to laugh at win it instead of a side who used to win it a lot like Liverpool winning it.
Whhhhhhaaaaaaaat??? I can you want Liverpool to win it? It took SAF 20 years to knock them of their fecking perch.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
They won't. It'll be City. Which will be bad enough but not as bad as seeing Stevie G lift the trophy.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I'd be amazed if they finished ahead of City...but anyone who does finish above City has to win the league.

I thought Chelsea had it in them for a few weeks but the forward line just doesn't say champions.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Well considering that this won't ever happen in my lifetime I don't waste any thought on it.
Liverpool have very easy fixtures outside of the City/Chelsea games.

5 almost certain wins.

Beat City and its theirs. The way Chelsea are going they can probably afford to lose to them.

City will drop a good few points.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I've been preparing for awhile now. Its just so obvious that Moyes' failure wont be complete without Liverpool back on their perch, they're destined to do it.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna react really. A mixture of trying to hide from the reality and disbelief. 27 years to knock them off their perch and, as soon as Fergie goes, they're back on it with 6 points help from Moyes' Man Utd.

simon_xazza

I will first smash the TV, Ill then smash my phone so I don't have to hear about it. Ill then smash my laptop with all my dissertation work on so I don't have to read about it.

Varun

Staff
The thought iself makes me sick. If anything could make our season worse, its Pool winning the league.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Imagine the smile on the face of Stevie G, Carragher on Sky.....Brenton being smug telling is all how he did it. I think I need a sick bag already.

Winrar

I'd be livid at the sight of Gerrard lifting the premier league but nonetheless I'll congratulate whoever wins the league, be it Liverpool, City, or Chelsea.

Wonder how Fergie would react, he's taken years to knock Liverpool off the perch and just after he retires they may well be back in it.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
You just know that Arsenal will beat City tonight as well.

Citys record away to Arsenal is dire.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Can't say it would really bother me.

Hats off to them, Gerard has been an amazing player and captain for them probably deserves a medal.

I'd rather see a historic team like Liverpool re-emerge than city or chelski.

But in reality, if it's not us I'm not bothered.. you're all full grown children.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'd rather see them winning it than City or Chelsea, QUOTE]

Crazy.
They're trophy wise our biggest ever rivals.
Fergie gave his all to knock them off their perch.
Suarez
Suarez - Evra
Dogleash
Media sh!t about Stevie G finally winning it.
Stevie G running to the camera after scoring at our place.

So tonight, it's come on City. But hoping Chelsea can still knock them off.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't say it would really bother me.

Hats off to them, Gerard has been an amazing player and captain for them probably deserves a medal.

I'd rather see a historic team like Liverpool re-emerge than city or chelski.

But in reality, if it's not us I'm not bothered.. you're all full grown children.
You're clearly one of those kids who grew up being told that taking part was the main thing :lol:

Drainy

Liverpool are a great club that are playing very good attacking football. As bitter a pill as it would be to swallow, at least they weren't handed everything they've got and are playing the right way.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It'll be horrible because you can't fecking escape them. Listening to the Chelsea match on Today FM and one of the commentators mentions how he's a Liverpool fan so he's throwing all his neutrality out the window and he's dying for Palace to hold on.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
I'd be annoyed more than out else, not them winning it per say but the fact we'd have to listen to it for the next year or so would be enough to drive me crazy. That being said I don't think they will win it, Man City should and in my opinion will.

Duafc

Village Lemon
You're clearly one of those kids who grew up being told that taking part was the main thing :lol:
... because I only care who wins it if United win it?

That's pretty much the opposite you absolute melon.

If anything I think people who so overly invest in the inter-club rivalries do so out of a deep seeded insecurity about their own failings/inabilities - choosing instead to live vicariously through the failings/successes of not just their own team but of others.

Sad that, Sandikan.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I'll be grateful that I've kept trying to jinx them with insurance bets all season. It's just about paid back my debt from doing the same under King Kenny.

redevil2

The heading is misleading. It's "if they win the league" not "when", and they won't

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'd be annoyed more than out else, not them winning it per say but the fact we'd have to listen to it for the next year or so would be enough to drive me crazy. That being said I don't think they will win it, Man City should and in my opinion will.
You think we'll only have to listen about it for a year...?

..optimism personified

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Its unlikely Liverpool will win the league. They would need to win all of their remaining games and hope City drop 5points. Even if they beat City they still need City to slip up again. Not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.