How will you deal with it when Pool win the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smores

They and they're fans don't deserve it. Just think of the bad poetry that will ensue, I'm not sure I want to live in a world like that

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Its unlikely Liverpool will win the league. They would need to win all of their remaining games and hope City drop 5points. Even if they beat City they still need City to slip up again. Not likely.
The city is purple.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I'll think, "well, feck"... then I'll get on with my life.
It will be impossible. The amount of middle-aged Liverpool fans in Ireland who started following them in the 70/80s will be impossible to bear. They are already reappearing after years of hiding.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Its unlikely Liverpool will win the league. They would need to win all of their remaining games and hope City drop 5points. Even if they beat City they still need City to slip up again. Not likely.
City with away trips to Arsenal,Palace and Everton.

If they beat Arsenal tonight they will be hard to stop.

Their home form should see them win the five games at the Eithad.

Aporkalypse

About time the Premier League was won by a legitimate, honest, uncorrupted footballing institution like Liverpool. The whole country wants it to happen.

Apparently.

Mersault

I'd actually say they'd be more worthy winners than City or Chelsea given their set-up. It'd be better for the league too. Of course it'll be beyond annoying. Maybe that's what the board and everyone at decision-making level needs to see happen so they pull out their collective finger and start showing some ambition.

nemanja nemagic

All this "I'd rather see Liverpool win it over Chelsea/City" because of a victory of sense over money is bullshit in my opinion. Chelsea City Liverpool in that order.

If City win it I can stomach it more easily as their last victory is still fresh in the memory; and it can be written off as another lottery win. With Liverpool they get closer to 20, Gerrard wins a PL medal and they get the moral victory as well. No thank you. They are more insufferable than City when they win things for me.

It really depends on how you look at it, from a neutral perspective and for the league's competitiveness it's always going to be Liverpool. But the nature of being a football fan is one of pettiness and partisanship, not balance; therefore I want Liverpool as far away from another title as is humanely possible.

Will Absolute

Wouldn't mind. I'm not part of the tribal, match-going thing, and I wasn't a United supporter when Liverpool were cock of the walk in the eighties.

I'd prefer Liverpool to win the PL by doing things the right way than Chelsea or City buying it. Besides, if we do offload the incubus, and make it back to the top ourselves, think of the rivalry between us and a resurgent Pool. The drama and excitement would be incredible.

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
How is it unlikely that Liverpool win all their remaining games but likely City will?

FujiVice

I've got my Mam knitting my half scarf back together that I tore up during the week. Cant be having Liverpool winning the league.

hp88

Great opportunity for Arsenal and Liverpool this season but City will win it, Arsenal bottled it but Liverpool/Suarez have done well.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
feck Chelsea, Mourinho, Terry and the rest of the bottling cúnts.

Never in my life did I envisage myself supporting City to win anything, yet here I am, willing them forward attempting to throttle Arsenal.

This season is drunk.

Siorac

WHEN they win it?

I'm cheering on City. Which is disgusting. But they are our last hope.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Liverpool

vs Spurs
at West Ham
vs Manchester City
at Norwich
vs Chelsea
at Crystal Palace
vs Newcastle

Manchester City

vs Southampton
at Liverpool
vs Sunderland
vs West Brom
at Crystal Palace
at Everton
vs Aston Villa
vs West Ham

Chelsea

vs Stoke
at Swansea
vs Sunderland
at Liverpool
vs Norwich
at Cardiff

Arsenal

at Everton
vs West Ham
at Hull
vs Newcastle
vs West Brom
at Norwich

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I'll move house and leave South Wales. I'll change my name and try to become as untraceable as humanly possible.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
How is it unlikely that Liverpool win all their remaining games but likely City will?
Even if both do with the exception of Liverpool beating City, it still wouldn't be enough for the dippers to win the league. They would come up something like a point short or lose out on goal difference.

dev1l

Never in my life did I envisage myself supporting City to win anything, yet here I am, willing them forward attempting to throttle Arsenal.

This season is drunk.
Mind your words mate, cause for some over here, Maureen is like a god

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
It's a combination of two things we have to deal with. Liverpool possibly winning the league and United experiencing one of the worst seasons ever.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Liverpool are going to win it unfortunately, it's the perfect ending to our miserable season.

IrishLegend

I'd rather see them winning it than City or Chelsea, bar the thought of Suarez lifting that trophy. They've played the best football, would be unexpected and would be underdogs compared to Chelsea and City who have much more money to spend, and it'd be something different. Not to mention I have a lot of respect for Rodgers as a manager.

I don't get why people want City to win it. I'd argue it's more embarrassing for us to finishing 6th/7th and see our cross-city rivals who we used to laugh at win it instead of a side who used to win it a lot like Liverpool winning it.
This is painful to say but I agree. They play football the right way, have been thoroughly entertaining to watch and haven't brought the title like City or Chelsea. I'd have prefered Arsenal but there's something about north london clubs which makes them chronic bottlers.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
If it's not City, it will be Liverpool - or vice versa.

It's a bit like making a choice between having a red hot poker in your eye or your arse.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I've been expecting it for a while this season - things just feel like they're going Liverpool's way this season, and they've made the most of it all. Having played so many games fewer this season than City and Chelsea, I think they're in for a strong end to the campaign. It's not like it's just that Liverpool are not losing games: they're not even drawing games - they have a home banker tomorrow which will see them end the weekend top of the table.

They're just inevitably going to win it, and I suspect Everton will be the ones to gift the league to them when City visit Goodison. After all, theirs is apparently the friendly derby.

This season is drunk.
I think this season particularly reflects negatively on Mourinho - showing no ambition at ours (admittedly before we started giving three points to any team that turn-up at OT) or away to Arsenal when they beat them by 6 later on in the season. Now was this loss to Palace due to playing PSG in mid-week? If so then he's thrown away a very strong chance at silverware for a competition they're at best a distant fourth favourites for.

It's looking like the Special One has cocked this one up.

Liverpool are a great club that are playing very good attacking football. As bitter a pill as it would be to swallow, at least they weren't handed everything they've got and are playing the right way.
That's the worst thing about it - Chelsea or City winning it is hollow; it's only happened because of the money they've been gifted by their owners. There's nothing for their fans to be proud of there, whether they recognise it or not.

When Liverpool win the league then that is an amazing achievement that every single person associated with the club can be proud of. That is much, much worse to deal with as a rival fan.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've been preparing for awhile now. Its just so obvious that Moyes' failure wont be complete without Liverpool back on their perch, they're destined to do it.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna react really. A mixture of trying to hide from the reality and disbelief. 27 years to knock them off their perch and, as soon as Fergie goes, they're back on it with 6 points help from Moyes' Man Utd.
And Mourinho, Wenger and Pellegrini. You just can't get the staff these days!

Canuckred64

I suppose City could draw at Everton, lose at Liverpool and Liverpool win out, but, there has to be massive odds on that happening. I can't see City not wining the league, especially if their half time lead over Arsenal stands.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
... because I only care who wins it if United win it?

That's pretty much the opposite you absolute melon.

If anything I think people who so overly invest in the inter-club rivalries do so out of a deep seeded insecurity about their own failings/inabilities - choosing instead to live vicariously through the failings/successes of not just their own team but of others.

Sad that, Sandikan.
That's right, it's only footy after all aint it.
Not like some of us take it quite seriously... wish we were all as casual as you it'd make it a lot easier!

Revan

Assumptionman
How do you know?
I don't. Just my opinion.

They will be interesting matches to watch for sure. Especially if Liverpool is the leader in the table, the pressure on you to win will be very big.

Anyway, I think that City have a better team and Jose is always capable of outsmarting any manager, so wouldn't be surprised if you get only 0-1 point in those two matches combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.