How will you deal with it when Pool win the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smores

Agreed, I don't understand how any United fan can "not be bothered" by it... it's feckin' Liverpool.

Just the thought of it makes me want to research random islands in the Pacific to get away from it all.
I never really expect any non british fan to hate liverpool in the same way. I think Liverpool have provided a long list of managers to hate in recent years so everyone's been in synch but the current bunch aren't as bad.

In the UK there's just a more general distaste of scousers :lol:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

Another one of these please. And why is this such a hilarious photo?

Josh 76

I'm a bit older to let it bother me than it would have done a few years ago. If they do win it, I will just think there is more to life than football. It will hurt alot, but every individual is different in how they deal in lows of life. And this will be very low.
The only good think I can think of, Stevie G won't get the medal.

I will cancel sky sports about in April, block all the Liverpool supporters from my phone and go on holiday, until it all settles down.
I was actually in New York in 2005 when they won the Euopean Cup. No one gave a shit over their. I missed all the coverage, it was great. May have to make another visit.

Heinzesight

They’ll come third and reminisce about the good old days of the 2018 Christmas Cup.

They look in good shape right now but I think a lack of rotation will see them off and the odd injury to key members are inevitable. I’d say the slide in form will start mid-Feb. Next month, City will tonk them at the Etihad and we should at least get a draw at Old Trafford in Feb.

Glass half full reds! If they did win it I’d book a holiday immediately and deny it ever happening.

Hughie77

When they win the league?. Blown it everytime they been top at Xmas, prem anyway, wolves blew some chances against them, pickford gifted them a win, sterling missed pen, I can go on, there's points they got and shouldn't, maybe there names on it?

I'm great believer that that sort of good fortune will even out over the season, so they will drop points where they think they shouldn't, also front 3 has not had injury lay off yet! If they go through whole season missing none of them then that's another tick in there box. If they don't win it this year they will never win it?

Herald

To answer question: Im totally ok with it since they worked on it a built it naturally without oil money. In this case football a justice deserve it.

Strachans Cigar

I’ll sigh, avoid all media, take a step back and imagine for a wee while I’m one of the vast majority of the rest of the breathing world other than Utd/Everton fans that doesn’t give a feck.

When I’ve accepted it, then I’ll also remember that we would still have 1 more league title than them & remember that it is a lot harder to retain the title after winning it.

I will also be happy that it took them 29 years to win another title after being on the receiving end ourselves over our own 26 year drought.

Finally, I will console myself with the hope & thought that come next May, the direction and strategy of our own club is a lot clearer, therefore providing another stiff obstacle to those cnuts winning anything else.

Maccataq

The recent history in the PL shows that the top team at Christmas goes on to win the PL. I think only 2 teams haven't pressed home that advantage in the last 10 years and both those teams were Liverpool. In fact, Liverpool have been top at Xmas 3 times in the PL era and they have never won it. I just hold out hope that this will weigh heavily on them. They are looking good though but there is a long way to go.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Liverpool aint winning no league. They will bottle it before the end of the season.

Sgt.Major

Not gonna happen. City are too deep and if they're healthy, they will be able to catch up with Liverpool in no time and pass them.

Irrational.

A blip is inevitable. They've had incredible luck this season at times. A lot of those three points could just as easily have been 0 or 1. They've managed to get through to the CL knockout stages not through their own brilliance but barely through the skin of their teeth and Napoli's incompetence. Their whole record is massively inflated.

I think they'll struggle when the CL is back in full flow and the games start coming thick and fast.

City have been much more convincing as evidenced by their superior GD.

RyRy11

I'd hate it but it pisses me off more that we aren't good enough to do anything about it this season.

Andy C

Supports
Liverpool
A blip is inevitable. They've had incredible luck this season at times. A lot of those three points could just as easily have been 0 or 1. They've managed to get through to the CL knockout stages not through their own brilliance but barely through the skin of their teeth and Napoli's incompetence. Their whole record is massively inflated.

I think they'll struggle when the CL is back in full flow and the games start coming thick and fast.

City have been much more convincing as evidenced by their superior GD.
+5 goal difference but 4 points worse off? Doesn't sound much more convincing to me.

I agree that it could be said Liverpool have nicked a few results that maybe city haven't and I'm sure city will probably win the league in the end but to be much more convincing, you'd expect city to be top now wouldn't you?

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Simply do not care. If it would be the situation of us in the mix to win the title with Liverpool, Chelsea and like Spurs. Then obviously would root for the London sides rather than Liverpool. But atm it's Pool vs City mostly, unless Spurs manage to catch up with them. The latter one would be actually quite tasty for our fans, wouldn't it? Poch to win it with Spurs and then agreeing to come to United to start a new project :)

Paul_Scholes18

Let them getting number 19. Next season we go for and take number 21 anyway! Come on United! Let us return now to full force and so we can smash them next season! That season under Moyes was far worse than this one anyway with City and Liverpool fighting for it and us falling from grace. Now I do think we should be able to bounce back up next season.

Last edited:

Red For Ever

My age is such that the 3 teams ( in order ) that I never want to see win anything are :

Liverpool
Leeds - seems odd now, but once the rivalry matched Liverpool
Manchester City

I think the winter will not be kind to the Liverpool squad and the style that they play, same could be said of City as well I guess.

I think City will do better, but if Liverpool win it, as much as It hurts to say it, they will deserve it.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
It has to happen sometime. Just man the feck up and move on
Precisely. If they do win the PL then good luck to them.

The only time I will get worked up is when (not if) United become champions again.

Gasolin

I'd rather see them winning it than City or Chelsea, bar the thought of Suarez lifting that trophy. They've played the best football, would be unexpected and would be underdogs compared to Chelsea and City who have much more money to spend, and it'd be something different. Not to mention I have a lot of respect for Rodgers as a manager.

I don't get why people want City to win it. I'd argue it's more embarrassing for us to finishing 6th/7th and see our cross-city rivals who we used to laugh at win it instead of a side who used to win it a lot like Liverpool winning it.
Liverpool should not win it, full stop. It's important, it's critical they never win it back again while we get back to the top. Meanwhile, City or Chelsea can win it, they're not that important.

Fridge chutney

It's way too early to know if Liverpool will win the league. Panic right now is misplaced.

There will be injuries, form disruptions, luck swings, etc. If they're still top in April then I'll be concerned (and even then, they we're top with 5 games to go in 2014 but let it slip).

Fridge chutney

I'd personally love to see Spurs win the league this season.

It would wind up most of our London rivals, and probably the only negative thing would be Tim Sherwood and Glaston lording it up.

Okey

It'll be hard to take, but one can always seek solace in that Gerrard won't get the medal. Depressing times to see it's s them and Citeh ruling the roost. Leeds might win the Championship as well! Anyway, I guess these things will happen eventually. Cue the media blackout. My trusted way of dealing.. .

BaseFishing

I have to voice my disagreement once again - although with a caveat.

I feel like I'm the only one on this forum who is really not affected by Liverpool or City or Spurs (or whoever) winning the league. As long as it's not United in the race, I'm completely objective and just want it to go to whoever deserved it the most that season.

Having said that, I totally understand that a lot of people on here have a history with Liverpool and/or Liverpool supporters.

Fortunately for me, I literally don't know any - in fact none of my friends really watch football so the only thing I get from every Premier League team is just what happens on the pitch. So that's probably why I'm not affected by it and I don't feel the same repulsion towards Liverpool that most people on this forum seem to.

Either way, I feel like it's way too early to predict. City have been missing De Bruyne more than we thought, and he may prove key in the second half of the season.

Strachans Cigar

It has to happen sometime. Just man the feck up and move on
Nothing HAS to happen at all. Spurs have been waiting since 1961, “Big Club” status isn’t a free pass to league titles. I’d be delighted if LFC had to wait that long.

I'd personally love to see Spurs win the league this season.

It would wind up most of our London rivals, and probably the only negative thing would be Tim Sherwood and Glaston lording it up.
Would like to see Spurs do it for reasons above. May not get a better chance than they had in 2016 though

peridigm

Would not be bothered since it will most likely mean RM go for Klopp in the summer. City winning it against QPR the last kick of the season after we were in position to win it trumps what Liverpool is doing now. I don't think they'll win it though.

The Real Treble 99

I’m not that concerned....yet. The true embodiment of the team comes out during the finishing line. Personally I think they’ll bottle it when it comes to the crunch. Especially when the games come up thick n fast if they’re still in other competitions. If they’re just in the running for the title then maybe they might just do it but it’s a very big if.

I think City overall has to much quality even if they do have a blip & still has to be the favourites for me. But don’t forget Spurs are also hot on their heels & you never know. Still it’s a long way left to go & anything can happen but regarding Pool they’re more likely to pick up a knockout competition silverware rather than the title itself.

Saying all that it won’t be a better time for them & the best they have been for a while. Personally I think Slippy Gs side was a much better team than this one. And I have to say luck has been incredibly on their side this season so far because some games they’ve just scraped through.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Meh, won't be too fazed by it. It had to happen sooner or later, and I had always thought that whenever that would happen it would be an anomaly, followed by a wandering-through-the-desert period (in its barrenness and in its time frame, as well). I had always thought that it would be a bloody battle between us, with us barely missing out on the title ourselves. Also, I had imagined us immediately reclaiming the title the following season. Of course, it was naive of me to expect all those things to happen exactly in the way I had envisioned. I'm still hoping the last part of that scenario is realised, though.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I’m not that concerned....yet. The true embodiment of the team comes out during the finishing line. Personally I think they’ll bottle it when it comes to the crunch. Especially when the games come up thick n fast if they’re still in other competitions. If they’re just in the running for the title then maybe they might just do it but it’s a very big if.

I think City overall has to much quality even if they do have a blip & still has to be the favourites for me. But don’t forget Spurs are also hot on their heels & you never know. Still it’s a long way left to go & anything can happen but regarding Pool they’re more likely to pick up a knockout competition silverware rather than the title itself.

Saying all that it won’t be a better time for them & the best they have been for a while. Personally I think Slippy Gs side was a much better team than this one. And I have to say luck has been incredibly on their side this season so far because some games they’ve just scraped through.
The 2014 side was nowhere near as good as this one, we just happened to have the best striker in the league on amazing form throughout and his partner rattling in goals like there was no tomorrow.

The problem with that side was the goals conceded. 50 league goals against us was criminal. We were having to score 5 goals to guarantee victory but usually it was only a +1 in the GD column.
If we hadn't been chasing the goal difference of City during that Crystal Palace match, we wouldn't have left ourselves so open at the back. That said, if we'd had a decent rearguard, we wouldn't have drawn that game anyway.
This was our starting line up against Newcastle on the final day of the 13/14 season
Mignolet
Johnson
Flanagan
Agger
Skrtel
Allen
Henderson
Gerrard
Sterling
Suarez
Sturridge
That back five with the exception of Agger shouldn't have been near a team challenging for the league and the following season proved as much as we were absolute shite without Suarez. That season was mad and great fun but the team we have now is so much more balanced and crucially has options off the bench that we didn't have back then.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Dont really care tbh. I cannot go through every season for the rest of my life hoping liverpool or city dont win the PL or CL. I will just be miserable.

Granted Llorius mistakes against madrid in the CL final were just brilliant.

Uniquim

This was on Match of the Day yesterday. Only team to top the league at christmas and not win in the past 10 years is Liverpool.

It also happens every 5 years, and is due to happen again this season!

SATA

We need to do the world a favour and do our part by beating them at OT. Hope City beat them in January at Etihad and doesn't balls it up

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If spurs could win, that would be brilliant. Granted Poch would probably not come if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.