How will you deal with it when Pool win the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAVred

Im more concerned with getting our own club back on track at this point frankly!

They do have a great squad though and spent big on possibly the best centre back in the world (at the very least hes world class), as well as great scouts that found them great talents.

Its an embarrassment moreseo towards Man City and Pep Guardiola... Who's bench rivals if not bests pretty much every team in the league, i think a lot of his bench could easily become starters for us and stand outs at that.

Reactions: Ødegaard

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Considering it's between them and an oil company, I'll probably just be glad it's at least a football club. I know they're our rivals, but j just see it as "not Man United" at the top of the table, don't really care which of the not Man Uniteds it is. And i only know 1 Liverpool fan compared for a few Citeh fans, so it's slightly more bearable in that respect, even though they're gonna bang on about it for years.

Im more concerned with getting our own club back on track at this point frankly!

They do have a great squad though and spent big on possibly the best centre back in the world (at the very least hes world class), as well as great scouts that found them great talents.

Its an embarrassment moreseo towards Man City and Pep Guardiola... Who's bench rivals if not bests pretty much every team in the league, i think a lot of his bench could easily become starters for us and stand outs at that.
Well said.

Red_toad

The writing is on the wall, a perfect storm is close to landing.

Need to get the graffiti clean up squad out, writings been there for over 4 years and it's not going to happen anytime soon. City champions again this season for me. They'll strengthen in January and have the squad to challenge on all fronts.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
No matter what state United are in, for Liverpool to win the league is unthinkable, unbearable and downright wrong. Only City is close enough to stop them. FML but Jesus city get your act together

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Bottlers in 2014...bottlers in 2018?

We'll see. They collapse under pressure, not only in UChL finals but also in key PL matches.

That said, 2018 could be the year for them. At least now they have a proper winning manager.

Last edited:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Imagine being top of the league by 4 points at Xmas and all everyone is talking about is the team in 6th place...

Hated. Adored. Never ignored. :devil:

Castia

Not bothered.

I’m honestly not bothered, having City win it isn’t much better I’m sick of seeing the press wank over them and Sir Pep every week.

Lemansky

It’s not optimal. But let’s be honest, City is also a horrible football team.

Right now my focus is on our own team. If we end this season on a high playing good football what Liverpool do won’t bother me at all.

I love Manchester United way more than I dislike other clubs.

BlueHaze

To be honest with Klopp there it was only a matter of time before they would win a title or two. In the summer I thought they had no chance and I predicted them to finish 2nd or 3rd however I have changed my mind now and definitely think they will win this year. Literally everything is going their way and even when you think they are finally out of luck they pull of a win like against Everton for example. Also they look incredibly strong defensively and of course their front 3 will cause problems for any team. Those blue goon pricks are running out of gas too, their performances against Chelsea and Palace were toothless and a disgrace to watch considering the manager and players they have. The points gap will probably increase during this period too.

How will I deal with it? By putting a new years rocket up me arse and quickly gulp some cyanide.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Imagine being top of the league by 4 points at Xmas and all everyone is talking about is the team in 6th place...

Hated. Adored. Never ignored. :devil:
The flipside of "they are all out to get us".

Treble

The best antidote would be Ole's United to surpass the expectations and do very well, especially in the CL. Imagine beating PSG and then Liverpool themselves.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
No matter what state United are in, for Liverpool to win the league is unthinkable, unbearable and downright wrong. Only City is close enough to stop them. FML but Jesus city get your act together
Agreed, I don't understand how any United fan can "not be bothered" by it... it's feckin' Liverpool.

Just the thought of it makes me want to research random islands in the Pacific to get away from it all.

vidic blood & sand

Agreed, I don't understand how any United fan can "not be bothered" by it... it's feckin' Liverpool.

Just the thought of it makes me want to research random islands in the Pacific to get away from it all.
I think it's the fact that Liverpool haven't won much in 28 years, so the younger generation of Utd fans don't have that ingrown natural disgust of Liverpool football club. I started a thread on this a few years ago.

sugar_kane

Weirdly I feel less perturbed about the idea this season than in 2014.

I’ve not quite picked apart why yet - maybe as a United fan I’ve just been ground down over the past years.

Maybe it’s because we know have the sheer hilarity of the 2014 capitulation to cling to. Maybe it’s the memory of that trauma which has prevented their fans/the media from going into a full wank frenzy yet.

I do think part of it though is that as a collection of players they somehow feel less “scouse” than previous years, ie. not a bunch of plucky underdogs led by the rat faced vampire, stevie me and David Brent, but just a solid collection of excellent signings led by a top manager.

That said I’ll probably have changed my tune by April/May.

Hopefully if Ole can keep us playing enjoyable football over the next five months I won’t give a toss. In April 2014 it looked like we were gonna be stuck with Moyes which magnified the misery of a resurgent Liverpool.

Last edited:

sugar_kane

Also,

The nineteenth is always the toughest, made even tougher when your actually a bit of a shit side.
They can easily let this slip, they already think it's won judging by cuntos huddle last Sunday, lets see what gives que sera sera.

Pre-cog much?

Tarrou

I've convinced myself they'll win it

They are so much more robust now and have decent squad options to cover injuries, the cnuts

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I won’t. The media will care more about who our next manager is

Stubble

It would only take an injury to Van Dijk or Salah to derail their chances. City have the deeper squad and it's a long season. If no pivitol injuries I can see them just doing it but that's a big if..

Jacko21

"Football dies the day Liverpool win the league."

I see your no-deal Brexit and raise you Liverpool winning the league. That's a real catastrophe right there.

Tiber

To be honest I'm much more concerned about the state United are in. It would be one thing if they beat us in a title race, but we are miles behind

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
To be honest I'm much more concerned about the state United are in. It would be one thing if they beat us in a title race, but we are miles behind
This!

It would be funny if we derail their challenge at OT though.

Vadim

If and when Liverpool win the league it will be because they deserved it.

And because of that, I’ll be moving to the moon.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Regarding City or Liverpool winning the league, it's like being asked for death by firing squad or hanging. I would hate either to win for different reasons but either less important than the other.

My ideal scenario would be for the perennial bottlers Spurs to come up on the outside and pip both to the line.

I don't really use facebook much but I have a dipper mate on there who is so full of himself at the moment, it's just nauseating. If only just to shut that fecker up, I would very begrudgingly...and I mean begrudgingly just shade it to the berties.

Gungne

I don't have problems with the club LFC, but the fans... 28 years without winning the league, and they still think they are best. LFC fans can live 3 times longer on a league title, than a cactus without water in Sahara. If LCF wins, the fans will become the worst kind of weed. Poison ivy that doesn't need water or soil for 30 years, and still pops up everywhere.

Reactions: Penna

Dante

Average bang
Apparently people remember Liverpool in 2005 and City in 2012.

I have no idea. I've never watched those clips.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Situation in my place is that many neutrals want Liverpool to win the league "because they deserve it and it would mean a lot to football if they did it". I can't stand my mates anymore.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I think that Liverpool have a team full od very likeable players frankly.

I also think it is better for the league that they win it than City again.

Oneunited26

I don’t care now, it was vital they went past our 26 years without winning the title, now they have past that threshold of our title drought I don’t really mind. Our club has gone through such hell, even worse under Jose the virus I’m gonna enjoy our end to the season

Eric's Seagull

Don't give a sh"t about the Scousers and the league let them have it this year well be back next year.

But I would would the pain of having to put up with my Scouse mates who have supported Liverpool their whole lives and not seem then ever win it, constantly screaming about it for the next year.

As it happened before some of them were born, then have to listen to the stories of the glory day coming back and how their build this dynasty and all the other crap that comes with it along the way.

KjaAnd

I'll remind myself that Stevie G isn't receiving a medal, that it would never have happened with Fergie at the helm and that Liverpool is ultimately a soulless club buying their way to success instead of building on a foundation of academy players.

They're bound to win a title at some point but the club is nothing special despite their pathetic efforts to convince themselves otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.