How will you deal with it when Pool win the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loon

:lol:
The only positive thing I see in it is the myth of St. Pep of the Golden Cheque Book would be broken.

The rest, with that gurning teeth-whitened twitchfiend delivering a title to the dippers, is the return of the AntiChrist.

Al-T

Still think the Berties have too much quality.

The thought of the dippers winning the title in a year with no World Cup or Euros gives me the dry boak. Sky Sports, the BBC and the press will kick off the biggest wank fest in history. Elderly dippers who remember when they won the title in Black and White will be rolled out. Crusty old psychopaths like Tommy Smith will be interviewed ad nauseum. Some of them that have been in Istanbul for fourteen years will come home.
Doesn't bear thinking about.

Pav1878

The only positive thing I see in it is the myth of St. Pep of the Golden Cheque Book would be broken.

The rest, with that gurning teeth-whitened twitchfiend delivering a title to the dippers, is the return of the AntiChrist.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Any United fan that wouldn't mind seeing Liverpool win the league needs to have a serious look at themselves.

Minimalist

Genuinely don't think they'll do it. I mean it'll happen one day but I don't think it'll be this year.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, they'll definitely drop a decent amount of points.

In fact, (and it's just my weird way of seeing it obviously), I think the top two will be City and Spurs with Liverpool 5-8 points behind. Or possibly just City way out in front like last season if Spurs can't hack the pace.

But maybe I'm wrong and I'll be crying into my cornflakes come May.

Last edited:

Minimalist

This was on Match of the Day yesterday. Only team to top the league at christmas and not win in the past 10 years is Liverpool.

It also happens every 5 years, and is due to happen again this season!
They've sort of done that for effect with being a 10 year window. Pretty certain before that, it happened a few times as well. Weren't Newcastle top of the table one Xmas? Weren't Arsenal in 2002/03 when we won it?

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I don't think they will win the league, even though they're leading right now It's very likely that City will pull it back.
Liverpool aren't as consistent, they can a run of poor form where they won't be able to pick up more than one point per game and City will smash some bottom sides by 5 goals as they usually do.

Right now I'd say It's 80% City 20% Liverpool.

Need a bigger gap for Liverpool to be favorites, something like 8 points.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The media will be insufferable but apart from that it'll be fine

I know people point to the stat that the only team to be top at Christmas and not win the league is them but then what about the stat that City have never retained a trophy in their history and Spurs sure as hell aren't going to win it so one of those stats will be no more come May

charlenefan

I don't think they will win the league, even though they're leading right now It's very likely that City will pull it back.
Liverpool aren't as consistent, they can a run of poor form where they won't be able to pick up more than one point per game and City will smash some bottom sides by 5 goals as they usually do.

Right now I'd say It's 80% City 20% Liverpool.

Need a bigger gap for Liverpool to be favorites, something like 8 points.
How can you say Liverpool aren't as consistent when they've yet to loose a game this season while City have lost twice?

Minimalist

How can you say Liverpool aren't as consistent when they've yet to loose a game this season while City have lost twice?
I assume they mean Liverpool going back beyond this season (given we're not even at the halfway point yet in this current one).

charlenefan

I assume they mean Liverpool going back beyond this season (given we're not even at the halfway point yet in this current one).
Last season they didn't have VVD or Alisson though. They've been insanely consistent since VVD came in in January

Ban

I keep track of English media a lot so I can easily switch of given I know about 2,3 people who are Pool fans.
But it will still be hard.
One question, media love in for Pool, is it cause they're full of their ex players, media would love them to at last win it, combination of those 2 things or something third?
Does it exist even. From an outside look it seems to me they can't wait for it to happen.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I won't be alive in the year 2050 - so nothing to deal with ! :D

Irrational.

My dream would be Liverpool going into the final match day barely top, with balloons, parades, T-shirts and celebrations all at the ready - only for them to blow it and another team (any team) to nick it. That would be poetic.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Many of Liverpool's wins have been by a very slight margin, they're not as convincing as City when winning hence why I believe they're more likely to fail to get results compared to City who can win by 4 or 5 goals very often

Alexit

I am so torn about this (but mainly for petty reasons :drool:)

If they win I won't be able to use the "Klopp for all of his hugs, fist pumps and heavy metal football, hasn't won anything" argument.

On the other hand if they don't win, then it probably means that City will win back-to-back titles under Pep and then I won't be able to use the "Pep can't even defend an EPL title with such an expensive squad" argument.

I'm torn lads!

The best I can hope for is that Chelsea can somehow pull it off. Spurs is also a no-no (see the first reason above and replace Ponch with Klopp).

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
The sad thing is I also dont like Schitty, so it's a lose lose situation.

I can just pray Tottenham somehow win. That scenario is far superior to Pool or Schitty.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
To be fair they’re a very good side. If City weren’t such an excellent side it would be Liverpool walking the league. How dark days have become, hoping City win the league to deny Liverpool. To win the league means being better than this City side over 38 games, if they manage to do that then fair play

Bola

I doubt I'll live beyond a hundred so I should be long dead by the time Liverpool win the Prem again in 2119

Member 115509

My dream would be Liverpool going into the final match day barely top, with balloons, parades, T-shirts and celebrations all at the ready - only for them to blow it and another team (any team) to nick it. That would be poetic.
This. In a nutshell.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Can't believe this season could be the worst for United fans. Lverpool or City likely to win the Premiership. Leeds could be back in the Prem. Can't even stand Spurs.

Sacking Mourinho was a start and now only a Champions League win would make it better.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I mean.. as long we're still ahead in total count I really don't care. My concern is if they keep winning. Dare I say, if they win it this year and we win it next year it would really add to our Rivalry? I honestly don't know how much badly I want City to win either.

I like Klopp way more than Gaurdiola as well. Also, for the first time ever this bunch of Liverpool players are kind of likable with Salah at the core (compare it to the Suarez days!).

It's not ideal but whatever. That's the game of football!

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Can't believe this season could be the worst for United fans. Lverpool or City likely to win the Premiership. Leeds could be back in the Prem. Can't even stand Spurs.

Sacking Mourinho was a start and now only a Champions League win would make it better.
I'm glad about this. Makes for another fire fixture next season.

hobbers

Well it would be the dullest of silver linings but at least they'd be winning it without Gerrard and with Klopp.

If there's a Liverpool manager I could stomach winning a title Klopp has got to be the closest thing to one in the last 30 years.

Obviously I'd much rather City win it this season, as I always would, because nobody really gives a shit about City winning titles. The Aguerooo was a novelty but clearly given their financial (mis)dealings no one outside of Stockport actually gives a shit. Leicester's title win is sort of like a supernova, shines so bright in the annals of football lore you can't see anything else from that decade.

Canagel

If Liverpool win so be it. They're bound to win it someday and if this is the year so be it. At least Slippy G, Carragher and Suarez never won it. Their team now is a bit more likable. Salah, Mane, Wijnaldum... etc

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Any United fan that wouldn't mind seeing Liverpool win the league needs to have a serious look at themselves.
It's bound to happen sooner or later. Expecting them to grovel about is just impractical, despite being fun.

I'm more interested in us getting back as challengers and stopping them rather than watching them and City fighting for it.

lex talionis

The thought of Liverpool lifting the PL trophy pains me. City less so. Spurs, not in the least. I’ll cope if Liverpool win it but it won’t be easy.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Can someone change this thread title, or just lock this. Reading the title makes me feel sick every day time I see it. Stop ruining Christmas.

shaky

Meh. The worry about them winning it is offset by the amusement potential from seeing them throwing away another great chance of winning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.