I apologise Ole!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If we finish top 4 but trophyless, who will be content with giving him another season?
Did you expect to win the league this year? Top 4 was the aim and we're doing better than expected.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If anything, that tells you fans know he will do feck all in these types of games. Limited manager.
Hmm I’m pretty sure we have the record this season of scoring the most goals towards the end of the game, or at least one of the most. So no dice friend.

Leftback99

The expectations have really dropped at this club. Imagine this line of thinking at Bayern, Barca, Real...
We're not Bayern, Real or Barca though. Did you seriously think we could win the league this season?

PoTMS

Did you expect to win the league this year? Top 4 was the aim and we're doing better than expected.
We have the third best squad in the league. The second best squad has been depleted pretty much the entire season. Yes, I expected us to challenge for the title. You're happy with going from 3rd last season to... 3rd or 4th. Wow, the Glazers' wet dream.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Never expected to win the PL this year, as long as we improve upon last year points tally and secure CL qualification.

Coming to Ole, he'll never be good enough. Too many false dawns, before we inevitably regress to mean. The way we blew up CL qualification in our group this season was farcical, and we continued the trend of losing SFs, which is now at 4. Ultimately, he won't take us to the next level no matter how desperately some want it to be.

Meanwhile, record vs traditional big six this season has been shocking. Just 1 goal in 5, and that was a penalty.

#MUFC v traditional 'big six' this season:

#LFC - 0-0
#MCFC - 0-0
#CFC - 0-0
#AFC - 0-1 (lost), 0-0
#Spurs - 1-6 (lost)

I am content with this season as long as he guides us to a CL finish, but we should be on the lookout to upgrade him if the opportunity arrives.

Giggsyking

Top 4 is not the aim for Manchester fecking united. The fecking mediocrity of our fan base is giving this manager leeway to get away with being shit. Even he fight for the title till the last game, or he fecks off. He has till the end of the season to give us a reason why he should be the manager of the biggest team in the country.

Irwin99

If we finish top 4 but trophyless, who will be content with giving him another season?
I'm not exactly the biggest fan of his style of football but he'd be the first manager to finish 4th in two consecutive seasons (post SAF) so I think he'd deserve to stay longer. Less than top 4 and no trophy would be pretty damning though considering the spend and him having, by then, more time than Jose and LVG. The year after that would have to be a proper title challenge though.

Still think top 4 and a trophy is very realistic.

PoTMS

Never expected to win the PL this year, as long as we improve upon last year points tally and secure CL qualification.

Coming to Ole, he'll never be good enough. Too many false dawns, before we inevitably regress to mean. The way we blew up CL qualification in our group this season was farcical, and we continued the trend of losing SFs, which is now at 4. Ultimately, he won't take us to the next level no matter how desperately some want it to be.

Meanwhile, record vs traditional big six this season has been shocking. Just 1 goal in 5, and that was a penalty.

#MUFC v traditional 'big six' this season:

#LFC - 0-0
#MCFC - 0-0
#CFC - 0-0
#AFC - 0-1 (lost), 0-0
#Spurs - 1-6 (lost)

I am content with this season as long as he guides us to a CL finish, but we should be on the lookout to upgrade him if the opportunity arrives.
Good post. He's done ok but he's not at the level required. His players are far superior to him, with maybe the exception of Wan-Bissaka, and deserve much better than someone who is out of his depth.

SAFMUTD

For me its not about trophies but performances, I would say give him another season if I can see we are developing a way of playing that will ultimately lead us to win titles. Same way I would say sack if the system is not there to see, even if we win a cup.

MonkeysMagic

Top 4 is not the aim for Manchester fecking united. The fecking mediocrity of our fan base is giving this manager leeway to get away with being shit. Even he fight for the title till the last game, or he fecks off. He has till the end of the season to give us a reason why he should be the manager of the biggest team in the country.
Well said. It really is staggering how incompetence at one of the biggest clubs in the world is allowed to prevail.

Leftback99

We have the third best squad in the league. The second best squad has been depleted pretty much the entire season. Yes, I expected us to challenge for the title. You're happy with going from 3rd last season to... 3rd or 4th. Wow, the Glazers' wet dream.
Except that's not what you were saying in September/October is it?

Shall I quote some posts?

PoTMS

Well said. It really is staggering how incompetence at one of the biggest clubs in the world is allowed to prevail.
But he needs time and more money to challenge for the title. He's only been given £250m to work with. Never mind your Leicester's and Everton's.

PoTMS

Except that's not what you were saying in September/October is it?

Shall I quote some posts?
Do you think targets for the season remain stationary and don't change as the season moves on? To not challenge for the title this season, where Liverpool and City were both in disarray and have as many injuries as they do is quite frankly ridiculous.

You carry on with being happy with top 4 though, you and the other delusional muppets that have expectations on the floor. Ole will win feck all with us. I'm happy to make a wager if you want.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't know how that happened tbh. Under Lvg and Jose it was first place or bust. Now top 4 is the great result. 2nd season in a row we set 4th spot as a goal for our manager.
And at the same time we are bemused why player like Pogba wants to leave.

KwokSF

I've always maintained he needed five years. Unless anything drastic bad that he needed to be fired. I say we should give him five years. So another three more years to complete his plan

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Look, I 100% agree with you, that our standards have really dropped. From the club hierarchy, to the manager, to the players, to the fans.

But, ultimately the problems lie at the very top, I don't think our club owners are interested in winning the Premier League. The goal, and I have felt this for few years now, is CL qualification every season to secure that prize pot. You must have seen the difference in our spending when we finish in CL places/out of it. That is not a mere aberration, it dictates the ambition of the club and the owners.

None of our previous managers have been sacked for being unable to win the Premier League, they have gotten the boot after failing to finish in CL places. Ole is not going anywhere, as long as he continues to guide us into CL places. As tough as it maybe for us, we have to swallow our pride and accept it for time-being.

Greck

The expectations have really dropped at this club. Imagine this line of thinking at Bayern, Barca, Real...
Blame the Glazers. Not even talking about Ole anymore. Top 4 is a financial goal not a football one. It's purely for their balance sheet. Of all the various progress metrics it should be the last thing the fans bring up when discussing progress. The top 4 metric is yet another stain the glazers have put on the club.

I want to finish as high as possible and win a trophy. Top 4 doesnt mean much, the table gets reset every year but trophy counts don't

Leftback99

Do you think targets for the season remain stationary and don't change as the season moves on? To not challenge for the title this season, where Liverpool and City were both in disarray and have as many injuries as they do is quite frankly ridiculous.
City have never been in 'disarray'. Were we ever even more than 3 points ahead of them? If they were, we are now so that rules us out of a title challenge in your book surely?

Giggsyking

I don't know how that happened tbh. Under Lvg and Jose it was first place or bust. Now top 4 is the great result. 2nd season in a row we set 4th spot as a goal for our manager.
And at the same time we are bemused why player like Pogba wants to leave.
Two types of fans who are ok with top 4. His fan boys who will find any reason to defend and dont give a shit about Manchester united. The others are just mediocre fans.

PoTMS

City have never been in 'disarray'. Were we ever even more than 3 points ahead of them? If they were, we are now so that rules us out of a title challenge in your book surely?
No point with you, mate. If you don't think City were in disarray earlier on in the season, I don't know what to tell you. You've clearly made your mind up. Ole is God.

Pearl's a minger

How we laughed when arsenal celebrated the 'top 4' trophy. Now it's classed as a good season for us?? Have a day off,our expectations have gone through the floor and the club/supporters seem happy to accept mediocrity. Has ole steadied the ship? Yes he has. Will he win us anything? Not as long as his arse points down.

Leftback99

No point with you, mate. If you don't think City were in disarray earlier on in the season, I don't know what to tell you. You've clearly made your mind up. Ole is God.
Well we were in disarray too were we not? Hence Ole's job was supposedly on the line and you wanted him sacked. Now he should be winning a title? Laughable.

Show me one post where I've said I think Ole is God or anything close. Even when we were top I urged caution but people get carried away.

Raveneye

Manchester United is not entitled to win the title. Stop acting like babies. If progress stagnated, fine. But we weren't expected to win the title this season and people getting all outraged that we should "because we're Manchester United" make my eyes roll and my hope for humanity diminish.

Manchester United should be aiming for and competing for titles. Manchester United's squad were in a huge hole and have just barely dug themselves halfway out of it. This is not yet a title winning side and blaming that on Ole is utterly moronic. The fact that any reasonable person is disappointed that we've lost the league top spot halfway through the season while still shedding deadweight and bringing in the final pieces to an unbalanced squad is proof positive of great progress.

Reactions: JPRouve

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Well we were in disarray too were we not? Hence Ole's job was supposedly on the line and you wanted him sacked. Now he should be winning a title? Laughable.

Show me one post where I've said I think Ole is God or anything close. Even when we were top I urged caution but people get carried away.
So, when we can "demand" title challenge? (By title challenge i mean to be in chance to winning it few games before season ends).
Last year was top 4 and "feck the cups".
This year is top 4 and "feck the cups".

So, is next year when we can demand it?

Leftback99

So, when we can "demand" title challenge? (By title challenge i mean to be in chance to winning it few games before season ends).
Last year was top 4 and "feck the cups".
This year is top 4 and "feck the cups".

So, is next year when we can demand it?
We can 'demand' all we want. Actually having the squad to be in with a decent chance are two different things.

If City get Messi in the Summer for example we can demand all we want but we're unlikely to get near them next season.

Roykeaneismagic

He's been manager 2 and a bit years now and I'm yet to be convinced ole will make us challenge for the title. Average coach at best.

Leftback99

You carry on with being happy with top 4 though, you and the other delusional muppets that have expectations on the floor. Ole will win feck all with us. I'm happy to make a wager if you want.
I missed this bit. How am I delusional?

What odds are you offering on us winning a trophy this season then?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If you didn't know any better, you'd think we just lost 6-2 at home to Arsenal after reading the various negative threads on the forum right now. I wouldn't mind so much, but this particular thread began on a positive note.

Jesus wept profusely.

K Stand Knut

The fans who think we should have the same standards and expectations as we’ve had for the last 35 years are the absolute pits.

we could get relegated and there would still be fans expecting to win the CL and PL the next season.

It’s embarrassing. Grow up.

We are not the team that Fergie left behind.

We are not title challengers and never should have been this season. Let’s just see where we get in May before we start calling for Ole’s head.

For the record, I am #OleIn because I feel he deserves a fair chance having got us to where he has so far. However, I don’t believe that he will be the man to land us our next title and I believe he has a lot of negatives around his managerial ‘style’ or lack thereof.

Hearing ‘We’re Manchester United’ is pathetic. Wind your necks in

Mainoldo

The fans who think we should have the same standards and expectations as we’ve had for the last 35 years are the absolute pits.

we could get relegated and there would still be fans expecting to win the CL and PL the next season.

It’s embarrassing. Grow up.

We are not the team that Fergie left behind.

We are not title challengers and never should have been this season. Let’s just see where we get in May before we start calling for Ole’s head.

For the record, I am #OleIn because I feel he deserves a fair chance having got us to where he has so far. However, I don’t believe that he will be the man to land us our next title and I believe he has a lot of negatives around his managerial ‘style’ or lack thereof.

Hearing ‘We’re Manchester United’ is pathetic. Wind your necks in
We are only this way because we have a top 3 team with a bottom 4 manager. So excuse us if we don’t understand we people choose to lower Their expectations for now reason.

If we ever got relegated being the club we are I’m sure there Would be a pretty good reason for it.

I mean Juventus got relegated and there was a pretty big reason for it!!

K Stand Knut

We are only this way because we have a top 3 team with a bottom 4 manager. So excuse us if we don’t understand we people choose to lower Their expectations for now reason.

If we ever got relegated being the club we are I’m sure there Would be a pretty good reason for it.

I mean Juventus got relegated and there was a pretty big reason for it!!
I don’t even know what your first paragraph is meant to say. We have a top 3 team who are currently 2nd. Maybe third by tomorrow but that looks like a top 3 team hitting or exceeding it’s position.

Ole is a bottom 4 manager but he has taken us to a top 3 finish, 4 semi finals and a better place than we have been in for 7/8 years. He should be manager of the year if your ‘bottom 4 manager’ statement is even close to true.

Which for the record, it isn’t.

I don’t see anyone lowering their expectations. I see people having too high expectations in the first place.

If you expected higher than top 3 this season, you’re an idiot

Mainoldo

I don’t even know what your first paragraph is meant to say. We have a top 3 team who are currently 2nd. Maybe third by tomorrow but that looks like a top 3 team hitting or exceeding it’s position.

Ole is a bottom 4 manager but he has taken us to a top 3 finish, 4 semi finals and a better place than we have been in for 7/8 years. He should be manager of the year if your ‘bottom 4 manager’ statement is even close to true.

Which for the record, it isn’t.

I don’t see anyone lowering their expectations. I see people having too high expectations in the first place.

If you expected higher than top 3 this season, you’re an idiot
Okay so I’m an idiot because a top 3 team with a depleted Liverpool and an advantage over a transitional City still can’t finish above 3rd? Amazing.... So if Atletico win la liga this year how am I suppose to get my head around that?

Sparky Rhiwabon

We seem to go in cycles under Ole - and unfortunately we seem to be on the down curve of it at the moment.

K Stand Knut

Okay so I’m an idiot because a top 3 team with a depleted Liverpool and an advantage over a transitional City still can’t finish above 3rd? Amazing.... So if Atletico win la liga this year how am I suppose to get my head around that?
For what reason do you think that this season will only have an affect on Liverpool and city but not United???????
Do you honestly believe that everything going on will only affect some teams but not United and we should be expected to carry on as normal.

I don’t get your point on Atletico but you’re chatting shit so that doesn’t me