"I conquered England – it took three months."

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Zlatan interview on United website, gotta love him :drool:

IBRAHIMOVIC: I AM ZLATAN THE CONQUEROR
Summer signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic feels he has already conquered English football with Manchester United - and it only took him "three months".

The Swedish marksman missed the EFL Cup win over Hull City due to illness after sitting on the bench throughout the FA Cup triumph against Reading. But Jose Mourinho expects to have him back leading the line for Sunday's mouthwatering showdown with rivals Liverpool.

Ibrahimovic, United's top scorer this season, is only one behind Chelsea's Diego Costa in the race for the Premier League Golden Boot but insists it is not in his thinking as he is pursuing team glory. That said, he believes he has achieved his individual targets already by proving his class in the Premier League.

"No, I’m not chasing anybody," he said, when asked by ManUtd.com about the prospect of chasing down Costa. "I’m chasing the head trophy – the Premier League. That is my aim. The individual things come as part of the main objective because that is like a bonus for every individual player.

"If the collective does well, then the individuals will do well. I try to help the team and try to do what I’m best at – scoring goals, playing good and creating chances for my team-mates. As long as I can do that, I know I will help my team. The same thing with them, they help me the way they can for the team. I have no individual targets because that I did already, after three months in England. After I conquered England – it took three months."

The striker feels United cannot be discounted from the title race as the crunch encounter with the Merseysiders approaches. Victory would leave the Reds only two points behind Jurgen Klopp's side and the Swede has been consistent in his view that things would click eventually into gear.

"We had our dips, our ups and downs when we were winning, losing, winning and losing," he explained. "Lately, we have been winning, where we have been more stabilised as a team. The coach has found his base, which is not easy when you’re a new coach coming to a new team and want to put in your philosophy, your game and the way you want it to be.

"I said from the beginning – slowly, slowly, we will get better and everything was about the click. We needed to click as a team. Now you the see the identity of the team. We are finding each other but I think we can do much more and be much better. And we will do it – we are working hard for it.

"The last one and a half months have shown the right way, the gap [at the top] has been bigger but now it’s better. So we are closer to that now. We wait for the other teams to have their dips, to make their mistakes, and we will be there. We will give them hard work until then because I think the second half of the season is the decisive one and that will decide. Whatever you want, wherever you will come, let’s see what we want. I know what we want. We want to show it."
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-english-football-with-Manchester-United.aspx

sosolid4u09

Whats struck me about Zlatan is that he is probably one of the least selfish superstars in the world.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Whats struck me about Zlatan is that he is probably one of the least selfish superstars in the world.
And one of the most humble when you get past his public character.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We wait for the other teams to have their dips, to make their mistakes, and we will be there
Love this bit. He's almost saying "Impressive, bet you can't keep it going though."

RedMaestro

A true leader. It's strange that a lot of people had/has the idea of that he is egotistical when it's not even close to describing him. A real professional.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He was being cheeky before City, lets hope he is more than talk on Sunday

Jaxa

Love him, even though he will only have played for us for 2 years maybe 3 I can see him going down as a great, he's a leader and true world class player, I love how he has this arrogant personality that he uses to deal with the media and they love it too but as someone mentioned he truely is unselfish and cares more about the grand scheme of things, love it, what a guy

Redfan94

He hasn't though, has he.

He's banged a few goals here and there and silenced a few critics, including myself, but 'conquering' England is winning the league.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
A true leader. It's strange that a lot of people had/has the idea of that he is egotistical when it's not even close to describing him. A real professional.
To be honest he is a bit(you kind of have to be to be a top footballer, it seems), but more than that he really plays up to his egomaniac rep for the laugh. That said, you can be a real professional and have a massive ego, like Ronaldo.

Behind the character though, he seems like a genuinely top bloke who everybody loves.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
If only you could bottle that confidence...

Sitters is a little harsh but he certainly squandered a few great chances.
I remember him fecking up a chance when he didn't realise a City player had gotten back to the goal-line. Don't recall any other great chances, maybe I'm forgetting?

In fairness, his chance was so tough that you gotta kinda forgive him that miss, they cancelled each other out as such.

Eddy_JukeZ

Conquer Liverpool now Zlatan :drool:

Been a while since he's played. Hopefully he's fresh. Looked a bit legged vs West Ham.

I've just had a watch of his player cam as your comments confused me here, aside from the one off the line, he didn't have a single great chance in the game, just a few barely half chances.

edcunited1878

"Whatever you want, wherever you will come, let’s see what we want. I know what we want. We want to show it."

Not arrogant. Just better. Zlatan.

Irrational.

Love the man, but can't help but feel his comments are a bit premature.

Really hoping he silences the Scousers on Sunday.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Hes obviously joking but I admire the confidence.

What is it about those over confident cocky angry players that always become stars? Costa, Suarez, Zlatan.

Hes obviously joking but I admire the confidence.

What is it about those over confident cocky angry players that always become stars? Costa, Suarez, Zlatan.
I think it's essential to some, an unwavering self belief must be so important as a striker, every tough patch looked at through a magnifying glass, even at 35 and being as successful as Zlatan, despite his great start in England he was still questioned (even by TONNES of his own fans) after going a few games without a goal.

Unwavering self-belief must be sooooo important for these players.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Big ego for sure, great impact in every league he played, just indifferent at international level.

MartialsBeard

Ibra never takes himself too seriously you should all read "I Am Zlatan" even if you have a passing interest in football its absolutely brilliant and very entertaining. Only shame is it stops at AC Milan.

After reading it and watching him this season hes gone from a player I never wanted at the club to instant legendary status for me. Im so so annoyed we didnt get him earlier in his career when he was on the same playing field as Messi. But ill certainly enjoy him here whilst we can.

MartialsBeard

Big ego for sure, great impact in every league he played, just indifferent at international level.
He played for Sweden what was he supposed to do? Its like slapping Messi into the Scotland squad.