"I conquered England – it took three months."

Yagami

Good post resistant
Reading the title I assumed Conte had said this.

MartialsBeard

Well he played for very big clubs and never made an impact in the CL, did he?
A little bit unfair as his goal record in all countries hes played in, his honours list amd his personal achievements list is astonishing.

Did you guys know he is the only player in history to have scored im in: Milan Derby, El Classico, Dutch Classiker, french Le Classicour (sp) amd Manchester Derby. Its incredible. The man is. phenomenon.

And he called Baldy "The Philosopher" .

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
A little bit unfair as his goal record in all countries hes played in, his honours list amd his personal achievements list is astonishing.

Did you guys know he is the only player in history to have scored im in: Milan Derby, El Classico, Dutch Classiker, french Le Classicour (sp) amd Manchester Derby. Its incredible. The man is. phenomenon.

Ok I mean... Buffon is another phenomenon never winning the CL... nevertheless he made a couple of finals (2003, 2015). Ibra made one SF and loads QF, not a great record. My point is he will have another chance with United next year but can United afford being led by a never impacting 36yo as your main striker? For PSG he was deadwood already.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Ok I mean... Buffon is another phenomenon never winning the CL... nevertheless he made a couple of finals (2003, 2015). Ibra made one SF and loads QF, not a great record. My point is he will have another chance with United next year but can United afford being led by a never impacting 36yo as your main striker? For PSG he was deadwood already.
For PSG he was deadwood? The season he scored 50 goals, and this season leading our scorer stat and second only to Costa in the PL top scorer stat?

Look at the state of PSG now, I bet they would love some of that deadwood back.

Dobbs

Who else has played in all those games?

AndyJ1985

Describing Ibrahimovic as deadwood is the funniest thing I've read all day.

Handré1990

:eek:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
For PSG he was deadwood? The season he scored 50 goals, and this season leading our scorer stat and second only to Costa in the PL top scorer stat?

Look at the state of PSG now, I bet they would love some of that deadwood back.
Describing Ibrahimovic as deadwood is the funniest thing I've read all day.
CL wise folks, don't be oversensible :) it may bite you in the back next year this time, when you will hopefully play your first knockout tie ;)

McNulty

Big ego for sure, great impact in every league he played, just indifferent at international level.
For the national team, he probably has the best 3-4 year scoring peak among all active players in the world.

tomaldinho1

Weird the ship started sinking after the deadwood had left no?

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
I remember him fecking up a chance when he didn't realise a City player had gotten back to the goal-line. Don't recall any other great chances, maybe I'm forgetting?

In fairness, his chance was so tough that you gotta kinda forgive him that miss, they cancelled each other out as such.
From memory, the one where Rooney played it over the top, one where he should have headed it back across a goal for a tap-in for another player and one where he tried to karate kick it instead of heading.

From memory, the one where Rooney played it over the top, one where he should have headed it back across a goal for a tap-in for another player and one where he tried to karate kick it instead of heading.
I've just watched his player cam tonight, no idea which you are going on about except the header. (there John Stones is actually on the line after Bravo so there's no tap-in to be had).

He scored one goal he had no right to score & missed an absolute sitter because he didn't realise a City player had run back to cover the goal line.

RedMaestro

Well he played for very big clubs and never made an impact in the CL, did he?
Don't you have to be in a strong team to make a strong impact in the CL? In my opinion he only had one realistical chance to win the CL and that was with Barcelona. The other teams he played for always had a few weaknesses in relation to the top clubs in CL.

To win the CL you can't just be a great player. Everything has to "fit" - be at the right club at the right time, have a fairly good opposition, have teammates in shape etc.

It's like Ibra has said before about his idol I believe: even El Fenómeno (Ronaldo) hasn't won the CL and what do people think of him? World class. The same goes for Ibra.

He said something like this too; if Maradona hadn't won the WC wouldn't he be considered as the best?

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
I've just watched his player cam tonight, no idea which you are going on about except the header. (there John Stones is actually on the line after Bravo so there's no tap-in to be had).

He scored one goal he had no right to score & missed an absolute sitter because he didn't realise a City player had run back to cover the goal line.
You watched his full 90 min player cam or highlights?

I remember talking about the said chances on the way home from the game.

Anyway, it's not that important. He has missed plenty of chances over the season but his numbers are good now for his first season in England. Sunday is the real test though.

Needham

If only this were literally true. Might be the change we need.

Dobbs

Don't you have to be in a strong team to make a strong impact in the CL? In my opinion he only had one realistical chance to win the CL and that was with Barcelona. The other teams he played for always had a few weaknesses in relation to the top clubs in CL.
I agree. One player can't win ECL'S, medals in that comp is a silly way to criticse him.

However the problem is that the big Zlatan fans want it both ways. When he doesn't win things, internationally or in the ECL, the lesser quality of the team is brought up. Like you have above. It's sensible reasoning.

On the flip side he wins leagues with Ajax, Barcelona, PSG, Inter and there's zero mention of the obvious point. That those teams are either expected to win leagues and do win leagues with or without him.

Before anybody gets upset this really isn't a criticism of Zlatan. It's nothing to do really with his ability.

I'm just pointing out the bias and inconsistency. If you blame the team when he doesn't win titles acknowledge the teams he was playing for when did. It's only fair.

You watched his full 90 min player cam or highlights?.
The player cam is his every touch so I don't need to watch 90 mins?

Surey you realise your memory from the way home is often way off? Mine is, so often I bang on about things and then watch back and think, wtf was I on about.

Watching that Zlatan cam it's a poor game from him, with one poor miss and one cracking goal.

The header is meh.. he's very lucky to score or assist from there. Aside from that he had some not even half chances, but as I say, a pretty crap game.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
This man is a genius in promoting his brand. Almost every interview of his career since he's matured has been with that aim - I suspect he'll be raking the dough in long after he hangs up the boots.

stu_1992

It a bit soon to be playing this but he's obviously playing really well and I can't see how anyone can deny he was personally successful in playing here. Still though it won't count for much if we don't achieve as a team during his time here. I realize he's always a bit a tongue-in-cheek though and I do enjoy listening to him.

Werd.

Love him even more after watching 'Becoming Zlatan'.

ti vu

And one of the most humble when you get past his public character.
Agree. Pogba is similar. Few of the players who still have the swagger of football of old days, mid 00s & back: they can hold their own and show opponent & media who is the boss. They're likeable & adored by their team fanbase.

For people who still complains about Zlatan misses chance, he's always like that. Don't believe me? Google clips of Zlatan misses. There are quite some shocking misses in Juventus, Milan, Inter, PSG, Barcelona, Swede NT,...

He's never as clinical as RVN or RVP. He scores lot, creates lot, and misses lot. Just accept who he is. The most important thing is other players up taking advantage of what Zlatan can create, learn from his influence and improve themselves under less pressure as Zlatan would help taking that burden on himself.

So it's not like he declined his chance finishing, nor didn't care for the club. It's his style which Berbatov a lesser player also falls into same categories of giving off the aura of not assing for the team. The truth is Zlatan does care.

I believe we need a clinical forward next season if we really push for CL in games we need to be extreme clinical with few chance we can create.

Edit: save you guys some time searching. Below is few I can find on youtube

Starting at 1:20

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hes obviously joking but I admire the confidence.

What is it about those over confident cocky angry players that always become stars? Costa, Suarez, Zlatan.
Nothing really. The ones who are cocky and turn out not to becomes stars are quickly forgotten.

For people who still complains about Zlatan misses chance, he's always like that. Don't believe me? Google clips of Zlatan misses. There are quite some shocking misses in Juventus, Milan, Inter, PSG, Barcelona, Swede NT,...

He's never as clinical as RVN or RVP.
That's just rubbish, well except for the RVN reference of course. Zlatan is a better player than Ruud but no-one is that clinical.

I'm sure some of you post stuff to try & show you know a player and have followed his career but it's so transparent when you come out with garbage like this.

So you found a few vids of Zlatan missing a few open goals over the course of a 16 year career, surprise surprise! I can find that just as easily for any player. Ronaldo has a great "miss tape" for example.

He's RVP to "save you time"... (took me 30 seconds and there was a load more too).

Last edited:

ti vu

Not try to make this into a bigger discussion.

Your first 2 videos is the kind of misses I meant often associated more with Zlatan than RVN and RVP: he looks well in control of the situation (with teammate serve the chance on the plate) with little to none pressure, but for some reasons missed. It gives off the feel of not assing, trying to be too clever. With RVP, usually it's more the heat of the moment, feck up the finish after doing all the technique correctly to control the ball (There is one I remember vs Tottenham away in LVG first season), weaker foot, the ball running away to more difficult angle...

Your first 2 videos is the kind of misses I meant often associated more with Zlatan than RVN and RVP: he looks well in control of the situation (with teammate serve the chance on the plate) with little to none pressure, but for some reasons missed. It gives off the feel of not assing, trying to be too clever. With RVP, usually it's more the heat of the moment, feck up the finish after doing all the technique correctly to control the ball (There is one I remember vs Tottenham away in LVG first season), weaker foot,
It's garbage though mate, all strikers over the course of a career miss absolute shockers. Whether it's technique or attitude failing them, who cares?

The important thing is, do they score more than they miss & the answer with all of these player is yes, a lot more.

To claim "Zlatan has never been clinical and has also missed lots of chances because look, here is 4 videos" is beyond ridiculous.

ti vu

It's garbage though mate, all strikers over the course of a career miss absolute shockers. Whether it's technique or attitude failing them, who cares?

The important thing is, do they score more than they miss & the answer with all of these player is yes, a lot more.
The second part is what I said in my initial post. Zlatan scores plenty enough, but people should look over his misses and half ass, rusty finishing and look at his influence in other area: occupy defender thus create more space/ chance for his teammates to thrive, give attitude to opponent and show them that they can't mess around, be leader for our player... I feel people expect Zlatan to be chance converting machine, which I rate RVN and RVP above in this category.

We can always agree to to disagree if you don't want to talk about "clinical" matter: in control of the situation miss vs caught in motion of the move/ under pressure/ weaker foot/... miss. I personally see these distinguishable. Not a stick to beat Zlatan, but perspective to how high expectation we can place on Zlatan.

About Lewandolski, IMO I never rate him into the same "clinical" category as RVN or RVP. When I brought up RVN and RVP, I only thought about United forwards so we can get related easier with what I tried to portrait.

Edit: About Zlatan being a nuisance to opponent, I believe he's one of (if not) the most intimidating (active) players (in a good way). I meant proper intimidation, not acting like someone like Otamendi, or our own Rojo. I am keener Zlatan than RVN & RVP similar I prefer on Stam over Vidic (I think Vida reached a higher level with us than Stam) in this sense.

Last edited:

EyeInTheSky

Early contender for worst post of the year?

My point is he will have another chance with United next year but can United afford being led by a never impacting 36yo as your main striker? For PSG he was deadwood already.
Didn't he score 5 and assist 3 in 10 Champions League games last season? Including goals in both legs versus Chelsea and a goal versus Man City?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Would be good reading to dig up some caf assessments of the player over the past few seasons, he's always been the most talented big man I've seen play

ti vu

He has hardly conquered England, we are 6th in the league and he isn't even top scorer in the league.
In different sense. Before the first game in PL, the media shenanigans made it like he would get bullied and can't reach double digits. It's a more personal attack on Zlatan than United as a team.

Of course for him to successfully claim that God of Manchester title, Zlatan will need to at least help us winning the title.