"I have the feeling United are coming back," said Pep Guardiola is my idol in jinx attempt

dal

Ten Hag will use this as motovation, he’s taking the piss.

Suedesi

Does this throwaway comment by Pep really need a thread of its own and a BBC article? The media in the UK is really odd

Waynne

Remember when everyone was laughing at United?

Well they ain't laughing now.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If anything we’re a dream for Pep. We’ve taken points off everyone around City who could be called a threat to them, while rolling over for them ourselves.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He’s such a troller. I’ll never forgive him for hyping up Maguire when we were linked with him. “He’s fast, so fast”.
Although there's a huge difference between top speed and acceleration, no-one can convince us Maguire is anywhere near fast in the scheme of the premier league!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I read these quotes as him being a bit cheeky and having a pop at us. Why would a result at home to a team from Moldova make anyone worried? Pep is playing games.

Let's just concentrate on ourselves. We are improving but we've got a long way to go as yet.

Irrational.

For a manager that is supposed to be our rival he sure does like chiming in with his two cents about us. Part of me thinks he regrets taking the City job when he could’ve built a much stronger legacy at a prestigious club like United, rather than hollow trophies obtained through suckling on the tainted teat of the Emirati oil barons.

phelans shorts

I read these quotes as him being a bit cheeky and having a pop at us. Why would a result at home to a team from Moldova make anyone worried? Pep is playing games.

Let's just concentrate on ourselves. We are improving but we've got a long way to go as yet.
The result is irrelevant, the performance is more telling. We had a few players missing and swapped out others who have been playing and remained utterly dominant. We’re blatantly a quality centre forward away from putting doubt into every managers head.

I can believe he’s being genuine, because the shoots of recovery from us are utterly blatant, we just need to keep it up.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The result is irrelevant, the performance is more telling. We had a few players missing and swapped out others who have been playing and remained utterly dominant. We’re blatantly a quality centre forward away from putting doubt into every managers head.

I can believe he’s being genuine, because the shoots of recovery from us are utterly blatant, we just need to keep it up.
Nah you've gone too early there mate. A genuine world class striker would be great but we need more than that realistically.

The main thing is though we are getting better.

Pep does like to play games too. I don't listen to much he has to say. Strange he'd even talk about us this week as well.

phelans shorts

Nah you've gone too early there mate. A genuine world class striker would be great but we need more than that realistically.

The main thing is though we are getting better.

Pep does like to play games too. I don't listen to much he has to say. Strange he'd even talk about us this week as well.
I didn’t say we’d beat them, I said we’d be worrying them. Going off our showings against Chelsea and Spurs in recent weeks I’m fairly confident in that suggestion.

That one addition probably wouldn’t be enough over the course of a season, but with our improvements we’d have a punchers shot toe to toe with anyone with that one addition.

Giggsy13

feck pep, the figurehead of the gulf sportwashing project. Don’t give a shite what he thinks of us.

phelans shorts

This. Happy to pick up his paycheck from Abu Dhabi while complaining about human rights in Catalonia. Hypocriticial cnut.
While I’ve no problem with calling out accepting the money from Abu Dhabi, there’s nothing at all wrong with his valid complaints about Catalunya. Everyone is a hypocrite to some extent when you do even the tiniest bit of digging, whether that be eating dates from Israel who are enforcing an apartheid state, using electronics/wearing clothes from China with their concentration camps packed full of Uighur Muslims.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He knows we're miles off yet but we've had more control in recent weeks.

Someone

Something
Not everything needs to be mind games. It's just a normal observation that is clear to everyone. Pep was never a mind games type of guy, he goes out of his way to be nice all the time. Don't overthink it.

HookedOnAPhelan

While I’ve no problem with calling out accepting the money from Abu Dhabi, there’s nothing at all wrong with his valid complaints about Catalunya. Everyone is a hypocrite to some extent when you do even the tiniest bit of digging, whether that be eating dates from Israel who are enforcing an apartheid state, using electronics/wearing clothes from China with their concentration camps packed full of Uighur Muslims.
True. But Pep is a bigger one than most.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
"I have the feeling United are coming back," said Guardiola.

"Finally United is coming back - I've seen it on Thursday [the 3-0 win over Sheriff Tiraspol], and against Chelsea in the first half [of the 1-1 draw last weekend].

"I said I like what I see of United right now. There will be a lot of teams like United fighting. That's why you have to fight to qualify for the Champions League and fight for the title."
What was wrong with the second half you bald cnut?!

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
With Liverpool and Chelsea having a bad season, Pep genuinely needs you to have a good season.

mav_9me

That was a poor analysis I thought. Spent too much time on Brentford. Dismissed spurs cuz it's spurs. Saying we had difficulty doing much in final 3rd against Omonia. As you can see by the comments on there.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
No he doesn't

Arsenal will shit the bed like they always do, they're much more capable of wrecking their own season than United/Chelsea.
I have no idea what message you are replying to

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Couldn’t care less what he thinks of us.

erikcred

These coaches are just playing mind games hoping we'll get cocky. Like when Klopp said we'd be super duper organised under Ragnik.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
For a manager that is supposed to be our rival he sure does like chiming in with his two cents about us. Part of me thinks he regrets taking the City job when he could’ve built a much stronger legacy at a prestigious club like United, rather than hollow trophies obtained through suckling on the tainted teat of the Emirati oil barons.
I agree. Think, always have, he likes United, and for him it would have been much better if, as our manager, he won trophies, instead with City. He would not end up there if no oil money. Would not even think about it. Left Barca for another big club in Europe only to go to little, no one heard of club before their lottery win.

He said finally, don't think his is doing mind games, think he actually likes the fact we are slowly but firmly getting back. Strong and good United will be chalenge for him to win and if so will be very important. And don't forget, he and Erik may not be best of friend, but there is lots of mutual respect.
He did say Erik could replace him at City when he leaves.

He can p*** off with that now, Erik is ours!!! :drool: