"I have the feeling United are coming back," said Pep Guardiola is my idol in jinx attempt

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He already knows how good ETH is. Wouldn’t be surprised if he left within the next few seasons so he can say he left before we won the league again.

Woodzy

I for one am just excited that we are getting mentioned in the same breath as the words title race.

Ole'sattheWheel

He’s not wrong if we’re being honest. You can say the same about Newcastle really. If we lost next week it’d just make our goal of top 4 a bit harder. If they lose it’s their goal of the title over

arthurka

He is a bit right though, he has made the standards so ridiculously high when they are not reaching them they get thrown the money thing at them. He is in a way victim of his own success.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Funny, we’re both due to play him soon. Weird how that works.

Tarrou

I don't think they have more pressure at all, because no one seems to actually care that much about them

look at the immense pressure on our managers post-Fergie for not living up to expectations

or the pressure on Fergie if he ever lost two games on the bounce

if City lose two games on the bounce people are like, oh thats nice..

nice try, Pep

iHicksy

Anyone else thank their lucky stars we got ETH before City lined him up to replace Pep? He would have been the perfect replacement and pretty much guaranteed city's dominance for years.

croadyman

Anyone else thank their lucky stars we got ETH before City lined him up to replace Pep? He would have been the perfect replacement and pretty much guaranteed city's dominance for years.
Yeah absolutely

Redlyn

He’s not wrong if we’re being honest. You can say the same about Newcastle really. If we lost next week it’d just make our goal of top 4 a bit harder. If they lose it’s their goal of the title over
How does any result in wk 18 decide anything.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Is that what he said before they twatted us 6-3?

romufc

There are lot in here who thought Ten Hag was waiting for City job and would turn down United.

I am so glad we didnt hire a manager last season midway and rode the storm until we got Ten Hag, would have been a mistake to hire anyone else.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
1. Mind games aren't a thing

2. He's actually right. City getting 90+ points and not winning the league gets him flack. Us or Arsenal getting 90+ points and not winning the league gets nothing but applause. Function of where both teams are coming from.

romufc

Yeah he did but that was a team with Varane off injured in first half and Casemiro not match ready
Varane went off but lets be honest, City looked like they were going to score from every attack from minute 1, even whilst Varane was playing.

Lets not kid ourselves.

croadyman

Varane went off but lets be honest, City looked like they were going to score from every attack from minute 1, even whilst Varane was playing.

Lets not kid ourselves.
They looked stronger but honestly feel we have grown a bit since then but how much we will see next Saturday

romufc

They looked stronger but honestly feel we have grown a bit since then but how much we will see next Saturday

Yep, the next 2 PL games are going to be a test for the team to see how far they have progressed.

I feel as if we have to win 1 of them.

Giggsy13

1. Mind games aren't a thing

2. He's actually right. City getting 90+ points and not winning the league gets him flack. Us or Arsenal getting 90+ points and not winning the league gets nothing but applause. Function of where both teams are coming from.
It’s because city’s B squad could compete for a champions league spot, so yes, the scrutiny is well placed.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Hopefully Ten Hag sees right through this...

Resch

Would be fun to see City loosing the title and finishing behind us, all after signing Haaland, who will score 30+ goals.

AlPistacho

Yeah we are being talked about more now than when topping the league in Jan 2021
Think by people who know football, like Pep, myself and a few other members on here. But still going under radar in the eyes of the pundits & media, maybe noticed a slight shift after Bournemouth

Teja

Think by people who know football, like Pep, myself and a few other members on here. But still going under radar in the eyes of the pundits & media, maybe noticed a slight shift after Bournemouth
Ehhh bit of a stretch to say we're title contenders. We're def making progress but I don't think it's a serious statement to make.

Data doesn't back it up: xGD per match is still ~top four level rather than champions. None of the supporting metrics like PPDA, High turn overs etc. are up there too. The only one I saw was the big chances conceded stat which made our defence look pretty good.

Average attack / decent defence lines up with the eye test too.