I know it hurts but....

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
So we're embarrassing because we're gutted?

Guess you don't know many blues then?
There is not one Utd supporter who was not gutted and indeed in shock. But its a bit sad you saying to some they should be more gutted about yesterday than on another occasion.

Its like they are not following the Utd supporting handbook correctly.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
I give up. It has nothing to do with a 'Utd supporting handbook'

CITY HAVE HAMMERED US 6-1 IN OUR OWN BACKYARD

People that are local to Manchester, who know some of the divvy, giddy blue cnuts, who work with them etc are bound to be upset when it's getting rubbed in our faces.

Imagine if your favourite hurling team lost to your rivals - you may get it then.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

People that are local to Manchester, who know some of the divvy, giddy blue cnuts, who work with them etc are bound to be upset when it's getting rubbed in our faces.

Imagine if your favourite hurling team lost to your rivals - you may get it then.
:lol::lol::lol:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

Of course I get it and I mentioned aleady that it is far worse for locals. I have made that point

PS. I dont like hurling

Waltraute

She-Devil
There is not one Utd supporter who was not gutted and indeed in shock. But its a bit sad you saying to some they should be more gutted about yesterday than on another occasion.

Its like they are not following the Utd supporting handbook correctly.
I can only speak for myself, but like I did my best to point out earlier I didn't mean to say that people who were able to take a more rational approach are somehow blameworthy, or 'lesser Reds'.

I was honestly just surprised. If anything, I envy those who're not totally flattened & destroyed by yesterday. I wouldn't wish these feelings on my worst enemy, let alone fellow Reds.

And I don't care if my emotional reaction makes me embarrassing, I'm too far gone to care.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

You may wish to rub the last 50 odd years in their face and the next 50 as well while you are at it. We've faced challenges like this before, only very recently in fact and we've come out on top we always do.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
in all the years following the game I cannot remember such a big defeat.

More shocked at how we handled the loss of Evans than worried for the quality of the team.

We actually were getting at them last 10 minutes of the first half. So I was confident we would go on to win the match.

But for a strange reason, Evra and Rio could not draw on their experience to handle the situation of playing with 10 men.

Only Smalling had any credibility at the back. Poor De Dea must have been wondering what he had let himself in for.....

I saw it as an aberation...nothing more. So I am over it.

This will seem funny when we win no. 20.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
There's nothing wrong with being gutted about the result and the performance - we all are. But to gloss over the extraordinary circumstances (an average of over £100m spent in each of the last five seasons!) is a f*cking joke, and even respected sports journalists are welcoming the new overlords:

This was United being usurped on their own manor. How, they will ask, did City get so good?
(Paul Hayward, Guardian)

Fuelled by petro-dollars, City’s resources are phenomenal, their depth of quality highlighted when Balotelli was replaced by Edin Dzeko and Sergio Agüero by Samir Nasri. Class for class.
(Henry Winter, Telegraph)
Other writers are falling over themselves in the rush to praise Mancini's tactics to the detriment of Sir Alex's...when they're not praising AVB's tactical nous & ignoring the indiscipline and entitlement of his players. This is plain wrong.

We no longer have a level playing-field; in fact, City now own the field. But it isn't because of talent or tactics. A few years back, I recall people cheering when Schumacher's Ferrari (seasonal team spending give-or-take £250m) lapped some anonymous driver's Minardi (seasonal team spending...about 50p, probably); are we all supposed to just say: "Fair play to City, they may have been f*cking crap before, but due to Mancini's genius, now they might be kings of football! What an achievement! And thoroughly deserved too!" Shall we just ignore what is fast-becoming a boxing match between one fighter with a sledgehammer in his hand, and his opponent who is tied-up, fighting one-handed and wearing cushions for gloves? Pfft.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
We'll always have the bragging rights when it comes down to trophies/success etc but this is one result that will have them gloating for the rest of their giddy, pathetic lives.

I've mentioned we evened the 5-1 out in 1994 - we will NEVER even this one out. If we win the league this season, we will always know they twatted us 6-1 at home. It's something I will never forget and something those cnuts will keep reminding me forever :(

SteveJ

Scout

This is unimportant. I'm not saying you are like this, but members get a bit tired of so-called hardcore fans who seem to worry less about a result than they do about the stick they'll get from shallow 'friends' in the pub, on Facebook/Twitter, in work etc. I'd rather have enemies than friends like that.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Probably a ridiculous amount of hassle, yes.

Its his birthday, probably been planned for months?

Common sense please.
feck common sense The bloke will probably be retired by his early 30's, he will have the rest of his life to celebrate birthdays, personally i dont think any player should be going to any party during the fecking season.

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
You still don't get it. It's not about the title, it's about pride. It's about giving your everything for that jersey. Man City put 6 past United on our own patch. Our players gave up. They didn't fight, there was no heart.

It wasn't even the fact that they won the match that hurts so much. It was the comprehensive beating which will no doubt linger for a while still to come that hurt me deeply.

And if you saw/read SAF's response, you'd see and understand just how much that hurt.
They didn't though! That's the point. We got one goal back and the players genuinely believed that they could get back into the game. That's what led to the utter embarrassment of the last five minutes.

If we'd given up on the game after the third goal went in, which we should have done, then we'd have prevented what probably ranks as the most embarrassing five minutes in the history of Manchester United.

Ole'sbodyguard

No this was much worse - against Liverpool we were madly unlucky for the majority of the game. For 30 mins in the 2nd half we completely outplayed them and should have scored 3-4 times before they got the 1-3 goal
No chance we were unlucky against the dippers. We defended like shite and deserved to lose. Perhaps not by the final score of 4-1 as the last couple of goals and Vida's sending off inflated it.

Yesterday was an even game until Evans got sent off and we got what we deserved like the dippers game, soundly beaten.

This City side are also vastly better than that Benitez side.

Personally a spanking off the dippers or City is just that. A horrible and humiliating experience but I'm not having that this is any worse than the 5-1 in 89, 4-0 at Anfield in 90, the 4-1 at Old Trafford or the 4-1 at the COMS when Keegan was in charge in 03/04 or for that matter losing 2-1 in the Munich Memorial game. What makes it any different other than it was yesterday and more fresh in the memory.

I can remember United getting hammered 5-0 by Everton when they were a title winning side as well. It happens.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
They didn't though! That's the point. We got one goal back and the players genuinely believed that they could get back into the game. That's what led to the utter embarrassment of the last five minutes.

If we'd given up on the game after the third goal went in, which we should have done, then we'd have prevented what probably ranks as the most embarrassing five minutes in the history of Manchester United.
you make a good point. a mate told me that we quit. we did not quit. Evra and Rio, two of our most experienced players played like novices...that is what caused the debacle at the end.

But also the passion was missing especially in the first half. Possession in itself is not enough. You have to penetrate. we lacked self belief..afraid even.

MUFCgal

No chance we were unlucky against the dippers. We defended like shite and deserved to lose. Perhaps not by the final score of 4-1 as the last couple of goals and Vida's sending off inflated it.

Yesterday was an even game until Evans got sent off and we got what we deserved like the dippers game, soundly beaten.

This City side are also vastly better than that Benitez side.

Personally a spanking off the dippers or City is just that. A horrible and humiliating experience but I'm not having that this is any worse than the 5-1 in 89, 4-0 at Anfield in 90, the 4-1 at Old Trafford or the 4-1 at the COMS when Keegan was in charge in 03/04. What makes it any different other than it was yesterday and more fresh in the memory.
I agree. Yesterday felt no different to me than the 1-4 result against Liverpool, gutted about both of them, they were both against rivals and in both matches, made to look like jokes. But we move on, we re-group and we go forward.

It was a one-off game, only two months into the season. There's still a long way to go yet. Remember 2005-2006? We were dire then. We didn't win a trophy in 2005, finished bottom of our CL group in 2006. We also didn't win the league for 4 years. That was a bad period, which coincided with Chelsea's rising. It genuinely looked like they'd dominate English football for a while, but it never materialized and we bounced back.

It hasn't even got to that point yet with City, we're the reigning champions. We aren't in the middle of a bad patch the way we were when Chelsea became a force.

SteveJ

Scout
We were beaten by £550m spent in the last five years, by a club which has won a single trophy in 35 years. This is the truth of the matter, no matter how it's dressed-up, and no matter how many United fans and others say "Well, yeah, but...look at SAF's awful tactics and the poor performance of our defence/midfield/attack/tea ladies!!!1!!" Buy me an F1 car and I'll beat your Vauxhall Vectra; does that make me a better driver than you? No.

Stretch

I'm sorry, I don't buy that. Yes, we got a goal back but we did give up. In a situation like that (with men down) you have to attack as a unit and fall back as a unit. The likes of Evra, Anderson, Young couldn't be arsed to fall back after we lost the ball. The only player on the pitch who bothered to run up and down as Rooney. That's the only way you get back into a game where you a man down against a good side. Again, look at the first Dzeko goal, Rio couldn't be arsed to even try something. Just stood there. It was half hearted to be honest. Even if we sat back to minimize the damage, I suspect City would still have scored 4-5 goals easily. We just couldn't be arsed to push for the ball, tail our man, win the ball, run up the park, lose the ball and do it all over again. We'd attack, lose the ball and park off like feck all was going to happen.

Maybe I'm over reacting, but that is what I mean when I say we gave up. And I doubt my opinion will change from that. Because I was shouting and screaming with fury yesterday everytime we lost the ball and didn't bother to chase. Chelsea showed us yesterday how to play with 2 players down, never mind 10. Sure it was QPR but they attacked and defended as a unit. They put in the mileage. Something half of our players couldn't be arsed to do yesterday.

decorativeed

You may wish to rub the last 50 odd years in their face and the next 50 as well while you are at it. We've faced challenges like this before, only very recently in fact and we've come out on top we always do.
Yeah, as embarrasing as it is, they won one game, we've been winning the war for the past 133 years. Remind them that it's not even a first, City beat us 6-1 at Old Trafford in 1926 as well. They got relegated that season. Remind them that Huddersfield Town went one better than them by beating us 6-0 at home once and by winning one more title than they have done. Remind them that the last two occasions we were beaten by 5 goals in October we went on to win the league. I am a local by the way, I just don't hang about with City fans (I only know four or five of them) although I do not envy people who have to work with them today.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
When was the last time United lost by such a margin or conceded six or more in a game?

Denis' cuff

If somebody said to me, "take your choice: A) a 1-6 hammering at home to the berties and a title or B) we hammer them and then watch them lift the title" I know which I would take. There's some drama queens on here. Think yourself lucky this is the first time you've had to put up with giddy berties. You might have to get used to it. I'd put my money on Fergie sorting it out and winning the title and that'll do me.

Denis' cuff

When was the last time United lost by such a margin or conceded six or more in a game?
0-5 at Newcastle and 3-6 at Southampton within a couple of weeks of each other and there were more defeats in between I think that was in '96 and we still won the league.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The last time we conceded 6 at home was in the 50's i believe. But Mr Mujac is probably the best person to give the info

I remember the 6 goal hammering at Ipswich...which was bad and frankly worse than Sunday.We had a shit team then, we don't at present.

Defeats like this will have a chastening effect, we'll be back and better for it.I'm less hurt despite the fact it was the Bitters...they have the players to do what they did and we paid the penalty for playing the occasion not the game when we were down to 10

decorativeed

0-5 at Newcastle and 3-6 at Southampton within a couple of weeks of each other and there were more defeats in between I think that was in '96 and we still won the league.
There was not, we played Swindon in the league cup and won 2-1. There were 6 days between the Newcastle and Southampton games. We did win the league though, just like we did after losing 5-0 to Chelsea in 1999/2000.