"I want to play for a BIG club" says City's Jerome Boateng

Plan M

:lol:

Just broke on SSN. He wants to move back to the Bundesliga and his agent is trying to get Bayern Munich interested in the defender.

"I want to play for a big club like Bayern Munich" was the statement that SSN just reported.

Apparantly he is fed up of Mancini playing him out of position (he's naturally a centre back).

Bloody hell, Mancini has his hands full at City!

:lol:

MASSIVES!

stubie

They go after all of the wrong players in my opinion. Haven't they learnt from Real Madrid that too many egos doesn't work in the grand scheme of things?
They're all fecking moaning bastards at City! Tevez, Balotelli, Boateng to name a few.

fadas

Good player, Boateng. Pity we have about 18 centre halves now - he could get to play for a big club without moving house.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's right though, City aren't a big club.

Plan M

He's spot-on. Only City supporters think that their club is "big". The players know that United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are bigger clubs.

Brophs

The One and Only
If you can't get in the team in front of Kolo Toure and Joleon Lescott then you should be looking closer to home if you want to have a moan.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Non story really, Surely every player wants to play for a big club. Boetang just said what we all know!!;)

Plan M

If you can't get in the team in front of Kolo Toure and Joleon Lescott then you should be looking closer to home if you want to have a moan.
I thought Mancini was playing him at left back on a consistent basis :confused:

Brophs

The One and Only
I don't understand what you're disagreeing with then? He wants to play centre-half and Mancini clearly doesn't think he's good enough to dislodge the players already playing there.

Cina

The players surely all know that City aren't a big club. 80% of them went there for the money and it will continue to remain that way. They will never get the fanbase that us or Bayern have.

I say fair play to Boateng for wanting to go back home, I'm sure he'd probably even have to take a bit of a pay cut to do so.

Plan M

I don't understand what you're disagreeing with then? He wants to play centre-half and Mancini clearly doesn't think he's good enough to dislodge the players already playing there.
I don't think that is the case, I just think that Mancini prefers him at left back. It's not about being better than Toure or Lescott because he's clearly more gifted than both of them IMO.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Did people really expect players to just flock to City once they got into the CL? The only players that are going to be remotely attracted to that club are ones looking for their first CL action or a happy pay day. All the good players will go to the CL teams that actually have a chance of winning the bloody thing.

dicko

They live in denial! :lol:
I remember an article in City fanzine in the nineties about supporters of clubs in the shadow of neighbours. That had Athletico in Madrid, Espanyol in Barcalona, 1860 in Munich and started with United. At the time, I thought it was tongue-in-cheek but nowadays I'm not so sure.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Did people really expect players to just flock to City once they got into the CL? The only players that are going to be remotely attracted to that club are ones looking for their first CL action or a happy pay day. All the good players will go to the CL teams that actually have a chance of winning the bloody thing.
Gareth Southgate does following their FA Cup win, he fits right into ITV punditry.

misterredmist

It has'nt worked out for Boateng at City and he'll have to go somewhere for regular first team football or his career with the Deutsch National team will be down the tubes.......

So why not kick up a fuss and get a dig in at your paymasters at the same time?

Lance Uppercut

Jerome Boateng says he has agreed a four-year contract with Bayern Munich and is now waiting for Manchester City to 'make it work' regarding his return to the Bundesliga. We'll have more shortly.
Sky Sports

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Pocketed the wages for a year, wants to play for a real football club now.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Club full of moaners tolerated by a manager who can't control egos...says it all.

Perfect for Mourinho

Lance Uppercut

Manchester City defender Jerome Boateng says he has agreed a four-year contract with German giants Bayern Munich and has urged the two clubs to reach a deal.

The 22-year-old only joined City from Hamburg last summer but failed to secure a regular first-team place at Eastlands and made most of his appearances out of position at full-back.

With next year's European Championship on the horizon Boateng is keen to play more regularly at centre back to secure his place in the German national team and so jumped at the chance to move back to the Bundesliga.

However, the move depends on City agreeing a deal with Bayern, something Boateng is desperate for them to do.

"It is true that I have agreed with Bayern on a four-year deal. Now it is up to Manchester to make it work. At the moment they are making things a bit difficult," Boateng told Kicker Magazine.

"It is about the position. Bayern want me as a central defender. That is also an advantage for the national team.

"My dream is to have a starting spot within a year, hopefully at Bayern, and then I want to win the European Championship."

Bayern Munich captain Phillip Lahm has welcomed the proposed deal and confirmed it is now up to City to ensure the move goes ahead.

"Things are not up to Jerome or Bayern Munich, Manchester City will have to agree in the end. At this point in time I do not know what might happen," he told Bild.

"I am unable to make a prediction on this, we simply have to wait and see."
Sky Sports