Icardi offered to Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blund

Rumors of Inter considering Sánchez. If so - we'd take any of Inters players.

Thiagoal

The key issue with Icardi is the fact he thrives off service! Inter have some good wingers that can actually deliver decent crosses... we have Ashley Young! There's no way he'd score many in our team

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
@devilish Don't you fancy yourself as some kind of Serie A expert? Tell us what you think about this possible swap, bud?
Both Icardi and Lukaku are goal poachers. Icardi has a better first touch while Lukaku is stronger and taller. In the past he was accused of lack of workrate but he improved in time. Neither would dribble past an entire defence so lets not expect a Ronaldo type of player here because he is not.

I can see why Ole would want him as he's very similar to he was as a player. He also scores in key games (Milan derby, Tottenham, Barcelona, Roma, Lazio etc). If it was solely about players then I wouldn't really mind. However its not really the case

You see Icardi is obsessed with Wanda Nara, an Argentinian top model. If you think that Beckham was under Victoria heels then you haven't seen Icardi with Wanda. She's got a bit of a reputation with men+ since genius here can't say no to her she also happens to be his agent as well. That lead to problems as she thought she can be a Mino Raiola when in reality she's got no idea about being an agent.

Honestly I give his chances of leaving Italy as slim. Sure there's a witch hunt going on against Wanda as she overplayed her hand with Inter. Football is still considered a male thing in Italy and having this 'model' trying to out muscle the club isn't really accepted here. Having said that, her children had settled down well in Italy, they are close to their father ( Maxi Lopez) as well, not to forget that she's also a presenter at Tika Taka, a famous football tv show in Italy.

Thiagoal

The key issue with Icardi is the fact he thrives off service! Inter have some good wingers that can actually deliver decent crosses... we have Ashley Young! There's no way he'd score many in our team
Just to add that Lukaku is exactly the same which makes a mockery of Ed not sanctioning the Peresic deal

devilish

Every goal poacher thrives of service from Shearer to RVN right to Fowler and Ole. Icardi and Lukaku are no exception. Icardi isn't as reliant on crosses as Lukaku is. He's got a better first touch, a better finish and he's more intelligent than Lukaku. He's shorter though and less physical.

devilish

Just to add that Lukaku is exactly the same which makes a mockery of Ed not sanctioning the Peresic deal
we should thank the gods for not buying Perisic. He's been dog shit this season, the typical short term signing Mou would sign only to lose interest in him few months later. We already have Sanchez to get rid off, we don't need Perisic as well.

Jinn

Too much drama with this guy. We have plenty of that already.

Every goal poacher thrives of service from Shearer to RVN right to Fowler and Ole. Icardi and Lukaku are no exception. Icardi isn't as reliant on crosses as Lukaku is. He's got a better first touch, a better finish and he's more intelligent than Lukaku. He's shorter though and less physical.
He's not as strong as Lukaku but he's stronger on the ball. He controls it quickly and he's much better at holding defenders off.

People questioning whether he's a leader or not; hes not really a good captain due to his off field issues but on the field he's got determination, hes aggressive and he fights for every ball. He wont be easily beaten to a 50/50.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No it doesn't. If anything if Woodward did anything right in last 5 years, it's not signing Perisic and Willian.

sherrinford

The same Tevez who refused to come into a match as a substitute for City ?
Yes. A bit of an anomaly, no? He played for some very good teams over a number of years and there was certainly no recurring attitude problem. If Icardi is ‘another Tevez’ in terms of his approach to training, games etc. then it is reasonable to expect a good professional.

ErranMorad

Both Icardi and Lukaku are goal poachers. Icardi has a better first touch while Lukaku is stronger and taller. In the past he was accused of lack of workrate but he improved in time. Neither would dribble past an entire defence so lets not expect a Ronaldo type of player here because he is not.

I can see why Ole would want him as he's very similar to he was as a player. He also scores in key games (Milan derby, Tottenham, Barcelona, Roma, Lazio etc). If it was solely about players then I wouldn't really mind. However its not really the case

You see Icardi is obsessed with Wanda Nara, an Argentinian top model. If you think that Beckham was under Victoria heels then you haven't seen Icardi with Wanda. She's got a bit of a reputation with men+ since genius here can't say no to her she also happens to be his agent as well. That lead to problems as she thought she can be a Mino Raiola when in reality she's got no idea about being an agent.

Honestly I give his chances of leaving Italy as slim. Sure there's a witch hunt going on against Wanda as she overplayed her hand with Inter. Football is still considered a male thing in Italy and having this 'model' trying to out muscle the club isn't really accepted here. Having said that, her children had settled down well in Italy, they are close to their father ( Maxi Lopez) as well, not to forget that she's also a presenter at Tika Taka, a famous football tv show in Italy.
Thanks.

If the drama is all off the field and doesn't affect his on field performances than should we care? What bad can this Wanda chick be? I guess the issues will be 2-3 years down the line when the contract is up from extension. Do we need to worry about that if the player can really help us now?

ArjenIsM3

Thanks.

If the drama is all off the field and doesn't affect his on field performances than should we care? What bad can this Wanda chick be? I guess the issues will be 2-3 years down the line when the contract is up from extension. Do we need to worry about that if the player can really help us now?
Yes, we should worry about that. The club needs stability. What we don't need are more cnuts with scumbag agents stirring shite every time a transfer window pops up (hello Pogba).

The Nani

Yes. A bit of an anomaly, no? He played for some very good teams over a number of years and there was certainly no recurring attitude problem. If Icardi is ‘another Tevez’ in terms of his approach to training, games etc. then it is reasonable to expect a good professional.
Tevez and his agent leaked countless stories to the press as soon as Fergie benched him in his final season with us only to ultimately sign for City.

I wouldn’t expect anymore respect for the club from Icardi.

He has Asia written all over him.

But yeah, model professionals. According to you.

RoyH1

Icardi's wife is the Trump of WAG's. The british tabloids would have a dedicated daily section to that pair if they came over.

Great striker though. Much more complete than Lukaku

devilish

Thanks.

I think Wanda get alot of stick because she's a woman. Throughout the years, the Italian football was swept with people of her kind from Lapo Elkann whose the village idiot of the Agnelli family right to Mino Raiola who loves arm wrestling clubs. Yet none of them got so much stick because of it. Wanda is different, she likes controversy, she's likes attracting attention (semi nude photos etc) and on top of that she's got Icardi under her heels.

Swapping Lukaku with Icardi is attractive. The former is nowhere near as Man United level, he's on a huge salary and no one will pay that amount for him while the latter is a decent player and might wants out. Having said that you underestimate Wanda at your own peril especially since we already have enough drama queens and clowns in our dressing room.

iHicksy

Sounds like a toxic player. We don't need anymore of those, if the rumours of Sanchez attitude and self imposed isolation are true I don't think we should be replacing him with someone even worse, however talented. But, I don't know how overblown, or not the reports of his attitude are. We need quality and he certainly has it.

cathari

It's not an ego, it's total dillision.

The guy is pathetic. A professional athlete who can't even have the right fitness.

The problem Lukuku has is that no decent club will want him, he's pony. In fact, as a lame pony, he's best served being turned into glue.

I don't mind players who are crap, but he thinks he's a great player. If he was half the player he thought he was, then he would be a decent striker. Instead he's the laziest waste of space I can remember Utd having as a striker.
I am talking about Icardi in my post.

Needham

First reaction to the thread title is that there must be something wrong with him.

cathari

Thanks. This squad could need a Keane or a Cantona, but not more of this kind of agents.

Danish Wizard

Could we please stay clear of players with to much controversy like Icardi and Rabiot.
Sure, Icardi is a great player, but his mind is not right. So definately not what we need at the moment.
But hopefully the Lukaku part is true, get him out asap.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
He didn't move to England because of the FA, he was a starter and captain for Houllier and Jacquet after moving in England. He clashed at club level with everyone and ended up with nowhere else to go than abroad. It's only after his ban from football for his kick that he lost his place for France because Deschamps became the leader and Zidane replaced him as the main technical leader.
Sorry but that's not right, he retired the first time when the French fa banned him after throwing the ball at the refs legs as he felt he was being punished more harshly than other players would have been, then Gerrard houllier convinced him not to retire and set up his trial with Sheffield Wednesday, the rest is history.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sorry but that's not right, he retired the first time when the French fa banned him after throwing the ball at the refs legs as he felt he was being punished more harshly than other players would have been, then Gerrard houllier convinced him not to retire and set up his trial with Sheffield Wednesday, the rest is history.
Which I said in an other post and what you said is exactly my point, the FA didn't had a problem with him and he didn't had a problem with the FA, Houllier was the FA technical director. It's the FA through two of its main figures Platini and Houllier who convinced him to not retire, then Houllier told him that it would be better for him to go to England in order to restart his career away from the french league. Also he was a mainstay for Houllier, Jacquet and Platini for the french national team until 1995.

crossy1686

career ending
How exactly is that up there with Tevez? He's seeing her after she's separated from her husband, rumours say it was an affair but there's nothing concrete.

The rest is standard agent nonsense. None of it really involving him at all. She's too mouthy for my tastes but Tevez was a whole other level.
Have you seen his Instagram? Do you not think all her spouting off on TV was not them two conspiring to get a bumper new contract? He's Tevez with a mouth piece.

crossy1686

career ending
There was absolutely nothing in there suggesting he has a bad attitude - it’s almost entirely quotes from his agent regarding his contract.

Tevez seemed to have a very good attitude. I have no idea what you’re talking about.
You've not bothered to even Google his name if you think he's not got a bad attitude. Just go and check his Instagram account, perhaps him posing asleep next to Maxi Lopez's kids while Lopez himself asked him specifically not to put his kids all over Instagram, on the eve of them playing against each other at that is enough for you?

Oh, and Tevez, while he was the highest paid player in the world:

Carlos Tevez: I was on holiday during Chinese Super League spell. Argentina striker Carlos Tevez has described his spell in the Chinese Super League as a "holiday". The 33-year-old, who joined Shanghai Shenhua in December 2016, returned to boyhood club Boca Juniors this month.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Which I said in an other post and what you said is exactly my point, the FA didn't had a problem with him and he didn't had a problem with the FA, Houllier was the FA technical director. It's the FA through two of its main figures Platini and Houllier who convinced him to not retire, then Houllier told him that it would be better for him to go to England in order to restart his career away from the french league. Also he was a mainstay for Houllier, Jacquet and Platini for the french national team until 1995.
Sorry, missed your point, although I'd say walking up to each of the fa disciplinery panel and calling each one in turn an idiot could be classed as having a problem with the fa :)

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I honestly don’t see him as an upgrade on Lukaku.

Lukaku gets consistently decent numbers for us. He’s not world class but he’s got around 15 goals in him league wise.

There’s no guarantee going to a more physical league that Icardi will perform especially given how like most strikers he’s only as good as the service he gets. It’s not like he’s a creative player or even that he’s world class in any other way than being a good finisher.

Ahsan_6386

If there is a straight between Lukaku and Icardi then I would take the deal irrespective of all the drama and circus incoming . Our biggest problem right now is not being able to score goals . Ole already envisions Rashford as our starting striker next season who is a huge hit and miss player . So if there is an option of getting a proven goalscorer then I will take all day long . Every game we miss a lot of simple opportunities in the box so if there is a player who can convert them then we go for it . I know this isn't what we planned but I can imagine a situation where Icardi is an option as Ole might go for experienced player who has a knack for turning up in big games .

breakout67

Supports
Man City
No point in this swap deal. Icardi is a pure box player, at least Lukaku on his day can dribble and get on the right wing.

Jovic if we want someone that is a nightmare to deal with due to his movement, Piatek if we want someone to hold the ball up and move us up the pitch. I would personally go with Piatek because this team is shambolic at creating chances, so we need someone that can feed off scraps and doesn't rely on scoring from fluent attacks (because we don't do those).

Both players have a goalscoring instinct that is sorely missing from our squad. If they have a good sight of goal they will shoot, not this nonsense we have going in our squad where we constantly overplay or look afraid in front of goal.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sorry, missed your point, although I'd say walking up to each of the fa disciplinery panel and calling each one in turn an idiot could be classed as having a problem with the fa :)
I would call it being a drama queen and having a problem with the sanction, not the FA. And it's pretty clear when the people that convinced him to not retire and helped him restart his career were FA members, he also joined the FFF when he retired, if he actually had an issue with the FA none of that would have happened. But on topic, Cantona was a drama queen but he wasn't malicious as far as I know while you can have doubts about Icardi.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
If there is a straight between Lukaku and Icardi then I would take the deal irrespective of all the drama and circus incoming . Our biggest problem right now is not being able to score goals . Ole already envisions Rashford as our starting striker next season who is a huge hit and miss player . So if there is an option of getting a proven goalscorer then I will take all day long . Every game we miss a lot of simple opportunities in the box so if there is a player who can convert them then we go for it . I know this isn't what we planned but I can imagine a situation where Icardi is an option as Ole might go for experienced player who has a knack for turning up in big games .
Genuine question do you not think Lukaku is a proven goal scorer in the PL?

2012/13 17 goals
13/14 15 goals
14/15 10 goals
15/16 18 goals
16/17 25 goals
17/18 16 goals
18/19 so far 12 goals

113 goals in 7 seasons is about 16 goals a season in the PL. He’s only behind Kane for strikers around his age in the PL. I don’t think there’s many strikers around with a better average and certainly not proven in the PL.

We don’t miss loads of simple chances in the box every game that’s a fabrication. The real issue is we don’t create enough as Pogba is our only creative outlet.

Icardi is great at getting into the right positions for crosses etc and does the basics right a bit like Ole used to but if he’s starved of service he doesn’t offer anything to make his own goals.

If we’re bringing him in then we need some playmakers out wide and central.

wesley sneijder

Supports
FC Internazionale
if OGS wants to play with a striker like Firmino forget him anyway,he is not this kind of player

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I would call it being a drama queen and having a problem with the sanction, not the FA. And it's pretty clear when the people that convinced him to not retire and helped him restart his career were FA members, he also joined the FFF when he retired, if he actually had an issue with the FA none of that would have happened. But on topic, Cantona was a drama queen but he wasn't malicious as far as I know while you can have doubts about Icardi.
On that we can at least agree, icardi isn't fit to clean the king's boots.

dev1l

Big No. Attitude -wise he s terrible.
A spoilt brat married to a big mouth porn star?
Thanks but no

Status
Not open for further replies.