Icardi offered to Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Cheers mate. But so did Lukaku really. He may not be the Prem's top goalscorer very often, but he did have 20 goals consistently for a side like Everton for 2-3 seasons in a row
Lukaku has scored 20+ league goals once in his career.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fact that I'm not convinced says it all. We should only buy players that are convincingly good and appropriate.
You better get on the phone to Ole and tell him which players convince you!

LiamB

His two previous seasons for Inter he was fantastic, Lukaku has done absolutely nothing for for a long time and offers very little. If the swap turned out to be a failure then we'd only be swapping one failure for another.

Last edited by a moderator:

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
there's much more excitement (attitude behaviours aside) between manchester utd fans than the inter fans I assure you about a possible swap between lukaku and icardi…. the belgian is not so highly rated here.

BiggusCrickus

I actually rate Icardi. Ruthless Finisher who is very good in the air ( Better then Lukaku ) and does not have an attack killing 1st touch that Lukaku has. Yes he does not do alot outside of the box but end of the day he is a finisher something i think we lack at Utd with Rashford not being that type of player

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Heard he has a poor attitude. Do not want if that's the case.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
If not posted already.

Worringly poor defending in the Italian league where he is having a field day.

Not convinced by him to be honest, can any Inter/Serie A fans confirm?

There is not room for his ego at United.
It's not an ego, it's total dillision.

The guy is pathetic. A professional athlete who can't even have the right fitness.

The problem Lukuku has is that no decent club will want him, he's pony. In fact, as a lame pony, he's best served being turned into glue.

I don't mind players who are crap, but he thinks he's a great player. If he was half the player he thought he was, then he would be a decent striker. Instead he's the laziest waste of space I can remember Utd having as a striker.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The problem Lukuku has is that no decent club will want him, he's pony. In fact, as a lame pony, he's best served being turned into glue.

I don't mind players who are crap, but he thinks he's a great player. If he was half the player he thought he was, then he would be a decent striker. Instead he's the laziest waste of space I can remember Utd having as a striker.
Agreed, but let’s persist for another year and watch him not score goals. It’s bizarre how some think we don’t need a striker.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The last thing we need is a poisonous character joining the squad. No thanks.

crossy1686

career ending
Heard he has a poor attitude. Do not want if that's the case.
It's worse than poor, it's up there with Tevez. Get a load of this:

Winter 2013 – The Wanda Nara scandal emerges
The Italian tabloids had a field day as details emerged of the relationship between Icardi and Lopez’s estranged wife Nara, with the forward taking to social media to declare his love.

Within weeks, they already had tattoos of one another’s names.

Both Argentinians, it had been suggested that Lopez, nine years Icardi’s senior, took the then-teenager under his wing at Sampdoria.

Some have said it was an affair, but Nara insisted that she had separated from Lopez when the relationship started, while Icardi quickly pointed out that he and Maxi Lopez were never friends.
October 7, 2016: Inter announce Icardi has signed a new contract until 2021, with wages standing at €4.5 million a season. An €110 million release clause is included in his deal, but only for foreign clubs.

October 16, 2016: Inter ultras in the Curva Nord demand Icardi be stripped of the captain's armband after a chapter in his book criticised them. It stemmed from an incident after a loss to Sassuolo where Icardi and Fredy Guarin had their shirts thrown back at them when they went to give them to travelling fans. "You're finished," was the line from Inter fans.

October 17, 2016: A day after Inter fans fume, Wanda tells Corriere dello Sport that her husband's renewal came after Napoli tried to sign Icardi as a Gonzalo Higuain replacement..

April 7, 2017: A few months down the line and Wanda is at it again, this time claiming she is 'the only wife who makes money for her husband' in an interview with magazine Gente. "He's gone from being worth €14m to €250m."

September 25, 2017: Wanda changes her stance, this time reaffirming Mauro's commitment to Inter at a book launch, saying, "Their captain forever? That's my dream, we hope so."

November 30, 2017: Wanda cranks things up by claiming she's had people in touch regarding her husband's situation. "I've received some calls, but I prefer not to say from which clubs. He's worth at least €200m."

December 15, 2017: Real Madrid get a mention from Wanda and there's uncertainty. "I don't know anything about Real Madrid, but I won't say yes or no," she tells Verissimo. "If it was up to Mauro then he'd stay at Inter for life, but there are other things we don't know. We hope so."

February 22, 2018: Wanda gives another interview with Corriere dello Sport, this time saying: "Ausilio knows what I think and I know what he and the club think. A couple of big clubs have approached us and shown they appreciate him... I have to at least listen to them and assess the situation."

March 20, 2018: Wanda changes her tune on the front page of Gazzetta dello Sport, revealing optimism of an agreement being made. "We're confident about Icardi's renewal and when I meet the directors at the stadium we laugh and joke. I make the joke that he's worth more with every day that passes."

May 22, 2018: Wanda goes back to talking about many elite clubs looking to snap Icardi up,saying: "There are some big clubs willing to pay his release clause that, to tell you the truth, considering the figures that are going around, isn't even that much for a player like him. There are many clubs pressing..."

July 2018: Icardi doesn't end up signing a new contract and his release clause expires while Wanda goes quiet for a couple of months.

September 4, 2018: Wanda then tells Tiki Taka that 'Juventus looked at Icardi but Cristiano Ronaldo was their primary objective. Surely Mauro could've been an alternative.' Juve director Fabio Paratic, talking to Gazzetta dello Sport, via FourFourTwo recently, revealed Icardi was the Bianconeri's number one priority.

November 28, 2018: Wanda speaks to Corriere dello Sport again, but doesn't go into too much detail: "It's not the time to talk about it. He's not asked for anything, every renewal was signed when the club offered it to Mauro. I prefer Milan to London, Madrid and Paris, but that doesn't count for anything... I'm very superstitious and I don't want to reveal what Mauro told me, but he's very calm."

December 18, 2018: Wanda spices things up and makes the claim that Inter wanted to sell Icardi to Juventus but he turned it down. "Inter? We're very far apart," she said. "What's been written in the last few days annoys me. No-one's called me to ask for any explanations. Inter wanted to send Icardi to Juventus, but it was Mauro who said 'no' as he wanted to stay at Inter."

January 9, 2019: TyC Sports over in Argentina report that the two parties could not work things out, with Wanda telling the club her husband would not be putting pen to paper.

January 10, 2019: Gazzetta dello Sport claim Inter had enough of Wanda, though Mauro says his other half 'will take care of my interests until the end of my career'.

January 12, 2019: Wanda fires back and bemoans the lack of respect for husband. "No-one's allowed to interfere with my family affairs, reporting false and biased news. The lack of respect towards a gentleman like Icardi, who attended your last event and has always been available to you, is truly shameful."

January 18, 2019: Inter and Wanda are poised to meet for discussions but it doesn't happen and she throws some shade on Instagram. "I like people who speak three languages: to your face, directly and with balls,"" she writes, before telling Striscia La Notizia that a renewal will be agreed.

January 28, 2019: Wanda praises Giuseppe Marotta and his honesty, telling Tiki Taka: "We haven't discussed figures, Inter have other priorities right now... I like Marotta, he seems like a sincere person to me and today he showed it, he's what we need. There's hypocrisy in football, but he looks at you and tells you the truth, and in this industry we're not used to that."

February 11, 2019: But Wanda is back on the attack again. "I didn't mention the renewal when the club called me..." she tells Tiki Taka. "I'd like to see Mauro more protected by the club because sometimes nasty things have come out from inside."

February 13, 2019: Icardi is no longer Inter skipper and gets dropped by Luciano Spalletti in the same day.
Hard fecking pass, on this one, hard pass...

redshaw

I hope Sanchez is long gone if we bring Icardi in. She'll want 400k a week if he scores a few.

Also we'll have endless moans of Manchester and them looking for the first opportunity to go to mainland Europe I bet.

Huge upgrade on Lukaku though.

Last edited:

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
To be fair he is a better striker than anything we got, but I dont think he would be a big success here.

Think about it. Ashley delivers a good cross once a month and this guy is reliant on a good cross. Would do the swap with Lukaku any day.

We really are mess and its depressing.

the_irish123

I feel like Inter would have a laugh with this trade. Icardi is a bit overrated and there aren't physical specimens like Lukaku in Serie A, hed take the piss in that league (Zapata is like Van Nistelrooy there, imagine Rom)

Rajma

Don’t need Icardi type of player that can’t contribute to build up at all as our main striker.

Art Vandelay

It's worse than poor, it's up there with Tevez. Get a load of this:

Hard fecking pass, on this one, hard pass...
How exactly is that up there with Tevez? He's seeing her after she's separated from her husband, rumours say it was an affair but there's nothing concrete.

The rest is standard agent nonsense. None of it really involving him at all. She's too mouthy for my tastes but Tevez was a whole other level.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Cheers mate. But so did Lukaku really. He may not be the Prem's top goalscorer very often, but he did have 20 goals consistently for a side like Everton for 2-3 seasons in a row
Lukaku only ever scored over 20 goals in a league season once.

Camilo

I think Lukaku is a cracking player - great finisher, fast, strong, hard working.... He's not the problem here. Put proper movement around him and he'll show how good he is - he's been playing on a dud team for years. We'd be crazy to get rid.

beingshe7don

If not posted already.

I just watched the video and there were a few things I noticed. He's clearly superior in the air compared to Lukaku whose 6'3 while Icardi is 5'11. Also, his first touch is a lot better than Lukaku and if he gets half a chance, he usually goes for the shot first time instead of taking an extra touch like what Lukaku would do. Also, the fact he's left open to score could be attributed to finding proper spaces rather than poor defending in the league. Now, everyone's concerned about his diva like antics but I think he seems fine with his mates, he only has issues with the board and also the whole Maxi Lopez fiasco. For the wife stealing, it takes two to tango and his wife is equally culpable for that issue. All in all, from a game perspective, he's good on the build up play and I think he will immensely improve our attack. Lukaku maybe fast but his in transition movement and maturity off the ball is slow. I'm not saying Icardi is the best we should get but I also think, Icardi's got the drive to succeed. He's captained Inter as well, so I assume he's got the leadership qualities which we've severely lacked. Koulibaly and Icardi would bring those leadership qualities instantly into the team. Our team is currently a Pogba and friends team where Pogba performs below par and it resonates through the entire team.

If not posted already.

I currently live near Milan and Inter are my second team, seen a lot of them this last year or two. Icardi does very little in the game, sits by his marker barely walking most of the time, but he's got a knack of getting a yard on them before they even know he's started moving and he gets into great positions. He's got a good touch to set up quick shots, he's strong on the ball and he's a lethal finisher. On the flip side he's not someone who will take more than a couple of touches, he either lays it off or shoots, and he is rarely seen anywhere other than right on the shoulder of the last man.

He's clearly much better than Lukaku and a great finisher but i don't know how well he would fit in our team.

Mcking

If we going to sign him, then we've got to get a proper attacking midfielder to be the focal point in attack. A player like Eriksen who is an excellent crosser, co-ordinates attacks in the final third and consistently plays decisive passes. Icardi is a striker who relies on his teammates to consistently create chances for him or he would mostly be on the peripheral. I love him, and would be open for any decent swap.
EDIT - Fullbacks and Wingers too.

Tapori

i for one welcome Ed's transition into turning us into a marketable constant reality show. This is all part of a plan for more aspirational trashu tv to add to the young female viewer demographic as Wanda adjusts to life in the UK and Cheshire.
Top business acumen.

Icardi is a better striker than Lukaku and a swap for a drop in current wages would be fine as long as he puts in the effort.
I trust in Ole if it's approved by him.

C'est Moi Cantona

We're one disaster to the next, so why not, you never know by accident something might stick this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.