Icardi offered to Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

GazTheLegend

Another thing .... he never misses big matches

Scored 4 goals in Champions league this year in 6 very complicate matches...

Do you think there’s any truth in the rumours, given that his release clause is 46m in the summer + his reported fallout with the Inter ultras? Or are they using Man Utd to drum up interest?

Mainoldo

Don’t know why anybody would want this nut. This is not how you fix our shambles.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Buy another fancy FM player with dodgy personality. What could go wrong?

Jibbs

More than Icardi we should use Lukaku for a swap deal with Milan Skriniar. Icardi is a great player, but with a terrible agent, and can only work in a system where he is constantly fed with the assists.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He is too static. Never gets involved in build ups. Only comes alive in the box. Wont solve our problems

MadMike

Lukaku is worth 40-50m easily in this market if we decide to sell. So trading Lukaku for Icardi does not mean getting Icardi for free.

I wouldn't spend £50m on this nutter. He's Balotelli levels of drama. If he was free I'd take a punt on him. but he's not. We could end up wasting both time and money.

I said I'd entertain a deal for Rabiot but only because he's free which means that if he becomes a burden we can sell him on the cheap and we lose nothing. Rabiot also doesn't cause dressing room drama like this fool.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

I've seen him a few times and I don't get where the useless outside the box issues stem from. He's always looked tidy and linked up well, then truly comes alive in the box. If we created chances he'd find a way to get on the end of them and finish. It's what he does. He'd be an upgrade on our other strikers and he was Inter captain for a reason, we lack leaders.

My issue would be his wife and her ranting in the media. If we could shut that mess up then I'd be all for it. The wife stealing accusations seem more complicated than he stole his teammates wife. I've read Maxi was already having an affair and the marriage was over, but I don't know. It's icky.

I'd take a punt on him still.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Point stands. Technically we are not getting an upgrade ( probably a bit but not really that elite level).

He thrives on service and Perisic provides it consistently at Inter .Who is going to give on our side? If the answer is we are going to sign someone, then why not sign someone and see if it works with Lukaku especially given that Icardi has zero involvement in build up( not really that elite)

Also, has he ever played in 2 striker formation ?
Good luck. He's not been that successful here in a tougher league, maybe it can work in Italy.

Good luck with the racist abuse he's likely to get too.

redmanc

We need to get rid of the drama queens not bring more in, this squad needs a full reset and bringing in someone whos got as much emotional/drama baggage as they do talent will not help the squad at all.

Kostov

I’d keep Lukaku over Icardi. It would be stupid to swap him for a striker of similar level. If someone comes in with a good enough offer then sell Rom if he wants to leave otherwise we have so many other problems.

ash_86

No fecking thanks. I'd rather take 30m for Lukaku than a swap with Icardi

Kapardin

If we offload Lukaku and Sanchez to Inter and get Icardi, that's the best bit of business we have done in a long time.

Icardi is clutch. He's basically a better version of Lukaku.

Darlington Padgett

We should stop getting players that are only playing for money, we already have a bunch of those and they are our biggest problem.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
this is a false myth

this year Icardi has assisted Perisic more than Perisic did with him

Perisic is absolutely not the perfect fit for him

Icardi has played with 2 strikers ( Palacio ) and he did better than what he did in the 4 2 3 1 we aredoing right now

We don't have 1 single midfileder able to assist him vertically ,3 years ago he scored ONLY with passes from behind

in this team he gets passes only from the sides
Ok noted. since you watch Inter more, I am sure you know better than me.

I still think he is not in that elite level .

SATA

Face it, Ed will be going for either Bale or Icardi. It's about who is the lesser of the two evils. So now who would you choose if you are being forced to?

Hi to All i am a supporter of FC Internazionale but my fav team in England is MU.

I was reading this thread .....

Well my humble opinion ... Icardi is a world class striker , in the box is the best player i have ever seen in my team.

It is very untrue he cannot play outside the box , for me he is the most talented player also outside the box.

Our problem is the lack of quality behind him Perisic is a consistent player but quality is low , Naingolan is just garbage and Politano is another awful player ( he can't cross he is not smart he cannot score basically useless )

Icardi would benefit from playing in a dominant team and with quality players surrounding him anyway, my opinion is that he would become instantly the best striker playing in Europe.

He has everything, headshot, right, left, he is quick, he is very fast and never slows down the action.

If my team decides to swap him for Lukaku i'll ask if they are mentally sane or not.
I don't know if he cannot do it, but i do know he does not do it.

He doesn't move until he thinks the ball might come to him. He doesn't even attempt to lose his man or make runs until someone is about to play a pass in behind for him or make a cross.

I do agree with you that he is relying on fairly poor crosses at Inter. Naingolan, Brozovic, and Vecino almost never play a forward pass to him.

His attitude/wife is a problem but on the pitch he is tenacious and always up for it. I'd definitely like to see him given a chance here.

deafepl

With what Di Marzio said and Lukaku saying he dreams of Serie A I wouldn't be surprised if we've already got this deal lined up. Icardi comes with his own set of issues but he's pretty lethal in the box, which is a trait not a single one of our attackers currently share. If we do actually sign him we may as well go full Hollywood FC and see if we can get Rabiot in here as well, enough drama for a TV show.
Perfect time for Ed Woodward to approach Dinsey + for reality football show on streaming so his dream come true when he sees United being an adult Disneyland.

reddevil702

Would be all for this but I find it very unlikely. Icardi is very direct and clinical, deadly inside the box which none of forwards are currently. His movement is also great which would be perfect to along side Pogba.

Has he ever ended up the top scorer in Serie A at least once? Genuine question
Twice. He's scored 20+ in 3 of the last 4 seasons.

Say what you like about him but he knows where the net is.

SATA

Twice. He's scored 20+ in 3 of the last 4 seasons.

Say what you like about him but he knows where the net is.
Cheers mate. But so did Lukaku really. He may not be the Prem's top goalscorer very often, but he did have 20 goals consistently for a side like Everton for 2-3 seasons in a row

Jibbs

I do think Icardi is a better overall player than Lukaku though, has a great first touch and far better control than Lukaku. But he comes with a lot of Baggage and drama,

Imagine United signing Icardi, Dybala, Rabiot and Koulibaly. Going full FC Hollywood.

Cheers mate. But so did Lukaku really. He may not be the Prem's top goalscorer very often, but he did have 20 goals consistently for a side like Everton for 2-3 seasons in a row
The Everton Lukaku was a good striker. We bought some overweight imposter.

bond19821982

Anyways i trust ole when it comes to strikers. So if he thinks Icardi is good enough , so be it.

Jacob

Fact that I'm not convinced says it all. We should only buy players that are convincingly good and appropriate.

bond19821982

Perhaps not, but he still needs to prove himself as a manager though.
Ofcourse , I am a big critic of him. Such a wrong appointment before the season was over. But its what it is and so, move on. Lets see what he can do in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.