ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
According to Cricbuzz, average first innings ODI score is 235 here. Obviously will be higher now given the modern game, but close to 300 will be a good score here you feel.
275 plus is above par I hope/reckon.

IRN-BRUno

Huge trouble now, I think they need well over 300 here.

Good to see Root find some form though.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Bairstow, Buttler and Brook in particular will be kicking themselves here. This NZ bowling unit shouldn't be troubling them this much.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I only turned on after 30 overs but i've barely seen the ball come onto the bat/anyone time it properly. Root didn't hit a boundary infront of square.

Defo short, but I reckon 270 was par - so it's not miles off. Could be close.

prateik

Just tuned in.. they are playing Aerosmith in Ahmedabad.. didn't expect that.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
My worry for England was that they are very rusty and they have played like that. Someone needed to bat a bit more sensibly and get to a par score atleast . That shot by Woakes who is much better against fast bowling was so so dumb

Skills

Snitch
My worry for England was that they are very rusty and they have played like that. Someone needed to bat a bit more sensibly and get to a par score atleast . That shot by Woakes who is much better against fast bowling was so so dumb
I think it'll be the same as last world cup. Par score won't be as high as you think as teams will falter under scoreboard pressure.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
My main worry here would be if the dew coming in brings the ball onto the bat. Could be alot easier to time the ball.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
My main worry here would be if the dew coming in brings the ball onto the bat. Could be alot easier to time the ball.
While that is obviously a concern but considering the team composition for both England & New Zealand I just see it as a very difficult task for England to defend 270 here

IRN-BRUno

Apparently that's the first time in ODIs that 1-11 have all reached double figures

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Decent mini recovery from England there. Looks 50/50 for me unless the dew really is going to be a big factor.

Djemba-Djemba

Were 200-5 off 35 overs today mate. We would never have dreramed of that then.

Just wickets got us today, it happens. No dramas
Yeah I'm not saying it's a big drama , the two tournaments we recently won we struggled through the group stage anyway. I don't think this total is quite big enough to defend but there's plenty of time to recover in the rest of the World Cup if we do lose.

Good lower order runs there though have given us a chance.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Highest successful run chase here is 325, with average first innings score being 235. Nicely poised as they say, England will have wanted/should have passed 300 with ease at one point. NZ will be happier all things considered.

Djemba-Djemba

NZ will be very happy with that but i think when Root got out we were about 220-230 and at that point you worry we'd just be all out for 250.

Scraping our way to 280 at least gives us a chance.