ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

dpansheth

Ravindra is a good find. Stylish batsman, great balance. Seen his 90 odd in the warm up game as well.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Some good batting particularly from the new kid - but it's half trackers and drive balls with no pace variation or swing, rubbish!

zing

Zingle balls
Brother got it from the direct online sale. He's got a bunch of other single tickets too for the Bangalore games. For India Pakistan he's got a 2k and 3k INR ticket.

Just checked viagogo and most tickets are indeed selling 6-8x face value.

You going for any?

Might get it if I turn up wearing green? :D
I have tickets for Pakistan vs SA. Will go for that

zing

Zingle balls
Some good batting particularly from the new kid - but it's half trackers and drive balls with no pace variation or swing, rubbish!
Think it’s underrated how big a game this is. It’s first day, but Nz winning here is a massive result for them.

IRN-BRUno

Run-rate is going to take a battering if they keep this up.

You're not going to cruise through every game in the groups so a defeat won't be a disaster but it feels like an opportunity missed with NZ missing Williamson and having a weakened bowling attack for this match.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Think it’s underrated how big a game this is. It’s first day, but Nz winning here is a massive result for them.
Hmm maybe, I don't think it hurts England that much if we lose - and i'm not totally sold on NZ either way. It's a marathon tournament where 40% of the teams go through.

dpansheth

this format will be punishing for teams who lose early against top sides. but I remember 92 WC, Pakistan came back to win last few games. So Eng should be fine as long as they can improve from here onwards.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Why are we still pace on here? Mental captaincy now alongside shit bowling.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
New Zealand are absolutely waltzing to victory here.

Could be done inside 30 overs at this rate.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
New Zealand are absolutely waltzing to victory here.

Could be done inside 30 overs at this rate.
Pace will come out of the pitch and the spinners will come in - very rare teams continue these starts, but they're heavy favs now.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Proper horror showing in the field from England this but credit to these two for taking full advantage.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Crazy how Woakes falls to pieces as a bowler when he's off UK soil.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So much for the spinners saving England :lol: :lol:

This is a thrashing in the offing here.

Djemba-Djemba

Were 200-5 off 35 overs today mate. We would never have dreramed of that then.

Just wickets got us today, it happens. No dramas
Scrambling to an under par score then the opposition absolutely cruising to that total feels very pre 2015 to me :lol:

Fully Fledged

I think the batting sold the bowlers short here. They just threw away their wickets making it easier for NZ to bat aggressively. I think that we have also bowled poorly but the batting left an impossible task on this pitch.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I think the batting sold the bowlers short here. They just threw away their wickets making it easier for NZ to bat aggressively. I think that we have also bowled poorly but the batting left an impossible task on this pitch.
It's a more difficult argument with NZ strolling to this total but I maintain that looked about par.

Bowling being awful and the batting has been class, a perfect storm for a thrashing.

Dudu

Wow. One way traffic.

Williamson can take his time getting fully fit before coming back in looking at the way Ravindra is batting. Very impressive.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It's exactly how we got knocked out in 2011 for one example
I'm really not sure why you're sticking to this point that no-one on the planet would agree with.

This is still a fantastic England ODI side that scoring 282 is seen as a poor score.

Pre 2015 we were absolutely shite and used to target, and be delighted with 250.

We got routinely hammered by Sri Lanka and even Bangladesh.

Djemba-Djemba

I'm really not sure why you're sticking to this point that no-one on the planet would agree with.

This is still a fantastic England ODI side that scoring 282 is seen as a poor score.

Pre 2015 we were absolutely shite and used to target, and be delighted with 250.

We got routinely hammered by Sri Lanka and even Bangladesh.
I said today has felt like watching England pre 2015 which it has been. We've been rubbish and we're going to be hammered.

I'm not saying we are definitively a rubbish side and back to pre-2015 and it's all finished. Just that today has been really bad.

Not sure why that is making you so confused.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
How much have the evening conditions helped batting here?

Not to take anything away from NZ, but could we end up with a scenario where each match has an innings effectively played in different conditions? Could make the toss the most telling part of the game.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
How much have the evening conditions helped batting here?

Not to take anything away from NZ, but could we end up with a scenario where each match has an innings effectively played in different conditions? Could make the toss the most telling part of the game.
The Indian lads in here will no better than me but it sounds like conditions should be pretty chageable across all the grounds and in those that do get effected by dew we are quite early in the season so it shouldn't be to bad?

Certainly cant blame it today.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I said today has felt like watching England pre 2015 which it has been. We've been rubbish and we're going to be hammered.

I'm not saying we are definitively a rubbish side and back to pre-2015 and it's all finished. Just that today has been really bad.

Not sure why that is making you so confused.
Ok really interesting point mate, pleased you made it three times. Moving on.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
just like united in the champions league, we just want to the be the first team to win the competition, despite losing all our group games. #historymakers