ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Forgot they had two wastemen in the middle order (assumed Head came in for Marnus). No chance of 500 unless these two play until 40th over and Maxi comes in next.

Last edited:

SmallCaine

We are going to have to beat SA and Eng and go unbeaten to avoid aussies in semis.

Last edited:

zing

Zingle balls
Aus got lured into the mistake of picking Marnus. Should’ve kept Agar

gajender

I am not confident india beat aussies in semis
I was confused though I thought you were talking about India but we had already beaten NZ .

India should not be afraid of anybody if we play at our best most would struggle to keep up with us .

SmallCaine

I was confused though I thought you were talking about India but we had already beaten NZ .

India should not be afraid of anybody if we play at our best most would struggle to keep up with us .
Its not skill issue with india its mental issue, we smoke teams for fun in group stages then royally shit the bed in knockouts with wc in india i feel we still have enough of an advantage that we will still beat most teams in semis, aussies for me would be the exception, that is 1 team that handles pressure really well and will punish our mistakes the most.

Skills

Snitch
Forgot they had two wastemen in the middle order (assumed Head came in for Marnus). No chance of 500 unless these two play until 40th over and Maxi comes in next.
Its marsh who's playing like a wasteman at the moment

zing

Zingle balls
Glenn Phillips, one of the most underrated players out there. Solid batsmen and very effective 6th bowler for New Zealand.
He saves ten runs in the field every time. Incredible fielder

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Good stuff by Marsh to get Smith out.

They are treating him like Muralitharan.

zing

Zingle balls
does Jeremy neesham ever contribute anything.. guy plays every World Cup

Samid

This middle order is a disgrace to the sport. How did Australia go from having intimidating and destructive batters for decades to these defensive, accumulating and selfish cnuts?

zing

Zingle balls
This is an incredible clawback. 20 overs near 200. Getting to 40 just over run a ball

KM

Surely playing Smith and Marnus in middle order is unsustainable.

AshRK

Australia as expected are peaking at the right time.

Pak winning yesterday would have caused some panic among NZ team. Now they may lose against SA and PAK and still finish in top 4.

Kazi

I think they’re a few short

Pathetic from Marsh, Smith and Labuschagne considering they had 175 on the board after 19 overs

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

Pathetic from Marsh, Smith and Labuschagne considering they had 175 on the board after 19 overs
I'm not sure 390 is ever a few short - but you can have the last laugh in a few hours maybe

SinNombre

Huh?

This will have to the 2nd highest successful run chase of all time. Teams have gotten better at chasing 300-350 on flat pitches but 360+ remains impossibly hard.

Samid

Australia as expected are peaking at the right time.

Pak winning yesterday would have caused some panic among NZ team. Now they may lose against SA and PAK and still finish in top 4.
In that scenario they’ll likely be on 8 points with SL before they face each other in their final match. Won’t be an easy match for NZ.

They have four match points though. With their NRR they only really need 1 win (unless they get properly hammered today and vs SA).

KM

They're not short but given the start they should have score 40-50 more. Basically the fact that they reached 388 inspite of Glenn Phillips 10overs 37 runs is a miracle.

Skills

Snitch
What do you do if you're NZ? Do you try to genuinely chase this or just nerf the NRR impact by getting 300ish?