ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

SinNombre

Average fan is easily deceived by averages, no pun intended.

Batting averages has been a dumb baseline metric for the past decade of white ball cricket.

I have read comments from some fans/forums claiming that Babar is better than Viv and Tendulkar in ODI cricket because he has a higher batting average.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
What do you do if you're NZ? Do you try to genuinely chase this or just nerf the NRR impact by getting 300ish?
Chase it. They’re already pretty much through to the SF, so may as well see how they fare when all hands are to the pump vs a big score and good team.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Average fan is easily deceived by averages, no pun intended.

Batting averages has been a dumb baseline metric for the past decade of white ball cricket.

I have read comments from some fans/forums claiming that Babar is better than Viv and Tendulkar in ODI cricket because he has a higher batting average.
What do you think batting average tells a person?

I’ve not seen anyone here say Babar is better than Kohli or Sachin.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Latham goes under the radar because NZ aren't often chasing big scores but he's also a wasteman.

zing

Zingle balls
NZ are in this arent they

Looking good with Phillips to come and Neesham as well

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
NZ back in with a chance now[/@Samid]
My main problem with these types of players is that they leave the team in a mess regardless. If they get out they expose the finishers too early. If they stay out there the required rate climbs to ridiculous levels. They're incapable of keeping up with rate with natural strokemaking.

Krits

Should India poach Ravindra from NZ? :p.

He has been a bit lucky early on, a few of his shot selections could have seen him getting out. A good talent though.

gajender

Hope they do win. Australia getting a bit too ominous for comfort (as an Indian fan).
I maybe in a minority here but I am more than Happy to meet Aussies in semis or final and I have not been much impressed by them despite their turnaround .

SinNombre

I'm not sure 390 is ever a few short - but you can have the last laugh in a few hours maybe
We are going to end with egg on our face if Rachin continues like this and Australia keeps giving him lifelines.

There you go whiners. Two close matches in a row.

Skills

Snitch
New Zealand should aim for 360 now. It's just run a ball-ish from here