g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

zing

Zingle balls
I think England can win this, and I wouldn't be sad if they do

Not an important game for India

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Could say the same for a Utd supporting Indian fan... If India lose this (we shouldn't, but still) and United lose later I'm going to drink for the first time in years
India losing is no big deal!

Darkhorsez

India are top of the league and England at the bottom and in complete disarray.

India supporters expect England to win :houllier:
Actually in a weird way it sort of makes sense. if they were closer and a semi final place was at stake, you would expect different responses. I think India supporters want to get their lose now and out of way before semis. But fat chance :lol:

zing

Zingle balls
2 down. I think india are caught between attack and uncertainty of assessing the pitch.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Like others have said, would rather lose today and get the loss out of the way than choking in the semis at 20/5 or something.

Annoyed and slightly traumatized at India clearly and consistently being one of the best sides in the world (if not the best) and yet going into consecutive ODI world cups and throwing it all away in 20-odd minutes of a batting collapse in a knockout game.

NM

India losing is no big deal!
Shitty start for us and this is the sort of game we expect to lose. In football it would be a trap game.. Tbh losing to this version of England would suck

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
England are going to round off our tournament by failing to chase 150 -- probably

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Not managed to watch it today - is 250 a decent score?

Lets pretend you are playing a competent team...

zing

Zingle balls
Not managed to watch it today - is 250 a decent score?

Lets pretend you are playing a competent team...
India will win if it’s 250. It’s not an easy pitch. England will want to keep india below 220 and I think they will.

IRN-BRUno

Didn't realise the top 7 teams from this qualify for the Champions Trophy in 2025. England could end up missing out on that tournament if they don't pick up at least a couple more wins.

IRN-BRUno

No that is false. Nothing to do with that. It is the ICC ranking, not the group stage standing of 2023 world cup.
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...ication-at-stake-during-odi-world-cup-1406055

The top seven sides at the end of the league stage of the ongoing ODI World Cup in India will qualify for the 2025 ICC Champions Trophy, along with hosts Pakistan, to compete in the eight-team event.

An ICC spokesperson confirmed to ESPNcricinfo that the qualification system for the 2025 Champions Trophy was approved by the ICC Board in 2021, when the competition was brought back as one of the eight men's global tournaments to be held in the 2024-31 cycle.

The development has come as a surprise to a few boards - both whose teams are in India as well as others who missed making it to the ODI World Cup - who told ESPNcricinfo that they were unaware about qualification for the 2025 Champions Trophy being at stake in this tournament.

Skills

Snitch
India can't put up a total. They've chased so far the entire tournament, and this is the first time their lower middle order has come into action.

zing

Zingle balls
225 and above it’s a game.. surya is still there and he can sink England here imo

the_cliff

The way our batting lineup has played so far this world cup and with Bumrah/Siraj/Shami on fire we aren't getting more than 150/160.

zing

Zingle balls
The way our batting lineup has played so far this world cup and with Bumrah/Siraj/Shami on fire we aren't getting more than 150/160.
‘My team is worse than your team’ a classic redcafe tradition

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
‘My team is worse than your team’ a classic redcafe tradition
England are bottom of the table! They are quite obviously worse.

Based on Englands recent form, think India have enough