g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

the_cliff

‘My team is worse than your team’ a classic redcafe tradition
Have you just tuned in to this world cup ? :lol:
based on the last 5/6 games you're lying if you're confident in us chasing this down,

Djemba-Djemba

At any other point in the last 8 years I'd have been extremely confident of us easily chasing down 230 here, but after the last few weeks who knows.

Could easily see us being all out for 120.

zing

Zingle balls
Have you just tuned in to this world cup ? :lol:
based on the last 5/6 games you're lying if you're confident in us chasing this down,
I think England will get well more than 150

It's a par score

AshRK

On one hand India should be happy they didn't get all out and have something to bowl at.

But then had rohit and sky played more sensibly, India could have scored 270. England bowled really well and showed why they are a top side.

Should be a good chase.

Djemba-Djemba

fecking hell England.

I think I said we could be all out for 150, 150 would be a wonderful achievement if we can get there.

SmallCaine

Kohli would have everyone believe he is a team player yet the man's ego can't even make him quit slip fielding even though he is one of the worst in the world at it.

JohnnyKills

Stokes with the worst comeback from retirement ever.
Not looking a great move for anyone is it. The side has been disrupted (not that it needed much disrupting!) and Stokes has missed out on valuable rest time.

prateik

Combination of lots of things: ageing team, lack of preparation, poor choice of captain and coach and basically a perfect storm of feck-ups.
checked the ages.. Livingstone is the only player under 32.. no one under 30.. Yeah.. probably a little too old for ODIs.. unless you are super fit..

AshRK

Not looking a great move for anyone is it. The side has been disrupted (not that it needed much disrupting!) and Stokes has missed out on valuable rest time.
This reminds me when ganguly was brought back just before 2007 50 over wc and rest is history.

JohnnyKills

checked the ages.. Livingstone is the only player under 32.. no one under 30.. Yeah.. probably a little too old for ODIs.. unless you are super fit..
Indeed.

After the WC we'll probably look something like this:

Salt
Jacks-Livingstone
Crawley
Duckett
Brook
Buttler
Curran
Carse
Rashid-Rehan
Tongue
Atkinson

So basically the entire team is going to be replaced. Shame we didn't have enough games to do it earlier really.

Djemba-Djemba

This is absolutely fecking atrocious.

9/4 in the last 27 balls.

I was telling @JohnnyKills Mott probably has enough credit in the bank from last year to survive this but i really don't know now.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
This is absolutely fecking atrocious.

9/4 in the last 27 balls.

I was telling @JohnnyKills Mott probably has enough credit in the bank from last year to survive this but i really don't know now.
What happens today and the rest of the tournament isn't really a new low. This is kind of fair enough now, they're toast.

It was the first five games they should all be hammered for.

Djemba-Djemba

What happens today and the rest of the tournament isn't really a new low. This is kind of fair enough now, they're toast.

It was the first five games they should all be hammered for.
Well I think it probably depends on the margin of defeats for if it gets to a new low but yeah the damage was ultimately done before today.

I just think we've been a badly organised mess from top to bottom. He could have no complaints if he was sacked.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Don't think age and fitness is really a concern for them tbh.

The decision to drop Harry Brooks was a weird one for me.