ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Both semis were close. IND vs Aus should be a cracker.
Neither match was that close. I suppose this one today was closer but you always felt Australia had enough to get over the line.

Based on the two winner’s batting performances. India should win comfortably.

prateik

I really hope the old Aus comes back before the finals.. We need some mind games.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
People were slagging off Cummins when he took the captaincy, but what a year he's had - a win the in the WTC, retained the Ashes and now the ODI final (albeit having a slim chance of winning).

You wouldn't call this a vintage Aussie side either, although they're undoubtedly excellent in their own right.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
People were slagging off Cummins when he took the captaincy, but what a year he's had - a win the in the WTC, retained the Ashes and now the ODI final (albeit having a slim chance of winning).

You wouldn't call this a vintage Aussie side either, although they're undoubtedly excellent in their own right.
Great example that captains don’t matter as much as we think

prateik

BCCI clearly cant outbid F1 for Beckham... got him for the semis.. he is in Vegas for the F1 right now.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Hope India wins the toss and bats first. Will taking a boring one sided game defending 350.

In fact, will take a win in any shape or form. This is our Everest - a lot of stars from this side will not feature in the next WC.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Watch Rohit throw the coin to the other side of the country and ‘win’ the toss yet again.

prateik

Aus win the toss.. and they are bowling..
what the actual feck.. what the feck.

How much are BCCI paying them???

Dannn411

Fielding first? Interesting. Need early wickets or India will run away with this.

Skills

Snitch
Last 3 WC finals have been won by the bowling side.

It also puts India under pressure first rather than feeling their way into the game. A quick wicket up top shuts the crowd up early

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
australia are the masters of getting inside the opposition’s heads. can easily see india wobbling to 120-5.

Dr. StrangeHate

australia are the masters of getting inside the opposition’s heads. can easily see india wobbling to 120-5.
It's like shooting yourself in the foot before a boxing match, I am sure the person you are fighting will be confused, but you will still lose the match.

Skills

Snitch
Yup. It's a team full of former WC winners. They're not going to be faxed chasing a target, but could make India wobble early

Darkhorsez

I am pulling an all nighter - watched F1 race and now this. Rooting for India - they have been the best team but you can’t rule out Australia who have improved match by match.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Really odd decision to bowl first from Cummins. Hoping Starc takes Rohit out first ball to really put the cat amongst the pigeons.

AneRu

Suicidal to bowl here, chasing seems monumentally harder than setting a score. Can't see past a 150 + run victory for India.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
It's like shooting yourself in the foot before a boxing match, I am sure the person you are fighting will be confused, but you will still lose the match.
the pressure was already on india before the match started. this just adds a little more. everyone’s expecting india to cruise to a win. their form suggests that too. batting first they can beat themselves. if australia get off to a flyer chasing something down, they can beat themselves. i don’t think it’s an outrageous decision.

Dr. StrangeHate

the pressure was already on india before the match started. this just adds a little more. everyone’s expecting india to cruise to a win. their form suggests that too. batting first they can beat themselves. if australia get off to a flyer chasing something down, they can beat themselves. i don’t think it’s an outrageous decision.
It is not an outrageous decision, but most people would have batted first.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Perhaps, but I don’t see a weakness in this India team other than batting first and putting in a big total. India haven’t looked as comfortable chasing as they have batting first.

Skills

Snitch
It is not an outrageous decision, but most people would have batted first.
It's high risk, high reward. It also helps neutralise some of Indias spin threat if there is dew in the second innings.

Indian openers look very nervy here

Skills

Snitch
Perhaps, but I don’t see a weakness in this India team other than batting first and putting in a big total. India haven’t looked as comfortable chasing as they have batting first.
India comfortably chased in their first 6 or so games. They're a great chasing team. Putting up a total is actually where they have a problem because it's not a naturally deep batting side.