ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Thought what Shakib did today was pretty pathetic. I don’t think that sport should be win at all costs like wars

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
One of our fielders came to me and said if you appeal now he'll be out. Then I appealed and the umpires asked me if I'm serious or whether I am going to take it back. It's in the laws. I don't know if it's right or wrong. I was at war and I had to take a decision to make sure my team wins. Right or wrong, there will be debates but if it is in the rules I don't mind taking those chances. That (altercation with Mathews) helped, bit more fight, I'm 36 and normally fight doesn't come easily but happy it did today.
Well, as a veteran captaining your nation at a World Cup, you should not only know what's right or wrong, but also the importance of upholding the spirit of the game, Shakib. This incident will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Djemba-Djemba

England players have been mentally gone since the ending of the Afghanistan innings in their 3rd match. They could probably face any sort of semi professional side at the minute and lose, they're fecked.

We will not be beating the Netherlands and especially not Pakistan.

Scottynaldinho

Thought what Shakib did today was pretty pathetic. I don’t think that sport should be win at all costs like wars
Qualifying for the champions trophy was more important than making Angelo Mathews upset. He did it for his team and it wasn't a friendly match.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Yea I agree with you. Especially given the context of a helmet breaking. The umpires should have told Shakib to do one.

Old Ma Crow

Afghanistan putting up a decent score against the fearsome Australian attack. Excellent century by Ibrahim and Rashid with a cameo slog fest.

SB16

Hilariously entertaining innings from Rashid Khan at the end. The last six was one of the most ridiculous shots I've ever seen!

MDFC Manager

What a fantastic effort yet again by Afghanistan! May not be enough to trouble the Aussies too much, but it's still laudable

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Think Afghans are making the semi. They'll surely take of Saffers who won't have anything to play for.

Old Ma Crow

Rashid marshalling his troops so well. Surely the pressure isn’t getting to the Aussies.

bleedred

Are aussies playing some 5d chess and throwing it away or are they just shite?

SinNombre

Batting second under the lights at Wankhede is very hard - this is why there have never been a successful chase above 281 and Dhoni and Gambhir had to show a lot of grit in the 2011 chase.

Australia are not this bad - most modern teams struggle when the ball is moving under the lights.

SmallCaine

Batting second under the lights at Wankhede is very hard - this is why there have never been a successful chase above 281 and Dhoni and Gambhir had to show a lot of grit in the 2011 chase.
It's not. There is a bit of swing, so you need to respect the pacers for the first 10 or so overs, after that it's smooth sailing, especially deeper into the game you game the easier it gets as dew is like 99% guaranteed.

zing

Zingle balls
No way back for Australia into this

do they play for nrr?

ManRed

What am I watching? Mighty Australia losing against Afghanistan?? 2nd biggest upset of the tournament so far

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really impressive from Afghanistan again.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
No way back for Australia into this

do they play for nrr?
How would they play for run rate? Sorry, stupid question. Would they just swing at everything, and try and score a quick 40 or 50 runs even if they are all out after 3 overs?

Sylar

Afghanistan losing to Bangladesh is an annoying result at the start of the tournament

SmallCaine

How would they play for run rate? Sorry, stupid question. Would they just swing at everything, and try and score a quick 40 or 50 runs even if they are all out after 3 overs?
If you get bowled out before 50 overs they still count it as if you batted 50.