ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Don't understand cricket in the slightest but am hearing about this cat Maxwell's recent output. Is it Tiger Woods' level of excellence?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
:lol: just wow. I boarded a flight when it was 95-7 thinking it was all but done. Got off the flight saw AUS won and Maxwell got 201 not out. Crazy stuff :lol: can't wait to watch the highlights!
Dude highlights won't do this match any justice. Watch every ball from about 40/1. Some real crazy shit was going on in that innings.

Some brilliant bowling. Everyone thought Maxwell was gone on his first ball (hat-trick ball). Starc not reviewing after given out caught behind, ball was nowhere near the bat and hit the off stump! Maxwell walking off as he thought the LBW review was crashing into the stumps, only for the ball to go over the top. And then the absolute carnage and ridiculousness of the final partnership.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
how many runs do we need to win by to make the semi-finals?

MDFC Manager

Everyone called in sick or working from home for this clash of the continent? :drool:
England should tactically lose this game to allow European representation (Netherlands) at the champions trophy. For the greater good of the continent!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
What is Root doing playing that shot? He needs to be the anchor and play the overs. Let’s others play the silly shots.

Darkhorsez

What is Root doing playing that shot? He needs to be the anchor and play the overs. Let’s others play the silly shots.
Unfortunately it seems the team has checked out. Root is a winner and facing defeat after defeat with no chance of progressing further here. This causes mental lapses. It’s all in the mind.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
England have given up here :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You do know that Tiger Woods plays golf, not cricket, right? :p
Obvs, but I couldn't tell a good cricket at bat from a great bat. Don't even know if an at bat is called an at bat, but all of a sudden I'm seeing tweets blowing up about Maxwell's at bat being historic,
etc. Don't understand cricket one whit, but like to see & hear about memorable experiences in any sport.

That's why I asked if the at bat was at Tiger Woods' level of excellence like the 2000 US Open, he rewrote the record book for the majors in golf in that tourney.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Don't understand cricket in the slightest but am hearing about this cat Maxwell's recent output. Is it Tiger Woods' level of excellence?
It's Roy Keane vs Juve 1999 semi-final vibes.

Took the game by the scruff of the neck and led them to victory when all the odds were against him through will and force alone.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's Roy Keane vs Juve 1999 semi-final vibes.

Took the game by the scruff of the neck and led them to victory when all the odds were against him through will and force alone.
Perfect. Thanks.

I used to watch on occasion the second half of the 99 match against Juve when it was up on YT so I could watch Keane's performance.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Obvs, but I couldn't tell a good cricket at bat from a great bat. Don't even know if an at bat is called an at bat, but all of a sudden I'm seeing tweets blowing up about Maxwell's at bat being historic,
etc. Don't understand cricket one whit, but like to see & hear about memorable experiences in any sport.

That's why I asked if the at bat was at Tiger Woods' level of excellence like the 2000 US Open, he rewrote the record book for the majors in golf in that tourney.
at bat :confused:

MDFC Manager

Perfect. Thanks.

I used to watch on occasion the second half of the 99 match against Juve when it was up on YT so I could watch Keane's performance.
I think this was (arguably) even better in some ways. Maxwell had to do everything by himself, his partner on the other end was essentially just turning up to watch him. Oh and he was limping on one leg.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
No, I was trying to showcase my avowed ignorance!

What is an 'at bat' called in cricket?
Depends. If it's your entire time spent batting then it's an innings, if it's facing an individual ball then it's "on strike". You'd think the Tories would hate it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Has there ever been a more clutch cricketer than Benjamin Stokes? His team looking dead and buried with Champions Trophy qualification on the line and he pulls a rabbit out of the hat.

massey

Has there ever been a more clutch cricketer than Benjamin Stokes? His team looking dead and buried with Champions Trophy qualification on the line and he pulls a rabbit out of the hat.
Nope he's been a pleasure to watch over the years,if He doesn't get knighted one day it's a travesty.

zing

Zingle balls
Nothing say clutch like a century against Netherlands

LDUred

Nothing say clutch like a century against Netherlands
It kind of does when you're a player who has scored multiple match-winning centuries across all formats, and who is renowned for digging his team out of tough situations.

Saying Ben Stokes isn't clutch. That is dumb, even for you.

zing

Zingle balls
It kind of does when you're a player who has scored multiple match-winning centuries across all formats, and who is renowned for digging his team out of tough situations.

Saying Ben Stokes isn't clutch. That is dumb, even for you.
Ben Stokes is clutch. Scoring a century against Netherlands isn't proof of being clutch for anyone.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive - perhaps hard to understand for you.

And the post was made in jest - I'm not sure even Samid was serious.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Why are England fans in this thread so touchy? It's really weird.