If not Ramos or Otamendi.....Then Which CB?

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Forget LVG's fetish for left footed defenders for a moment. Could anyone see us signing both Ota and Ramos? I personally don't want that situation or see it occurring, as I think Smalling deserves a chance at cementing first choice, but could anyone else see it happening?
I always had the feeling that we wouldn't target a right footed defender since smalling & jones deserve another season or so.

The only reason i see us going for ramos or otamendi is for experience sake. Otherwise it was always a left footed CB that was targeted. The problem is there really isn't that many available; unless we wait for Laporte ofcourse. However that again leads us to a lack of experience.

Devil may care

Marca reckon the nails are being readied for the Ramos transfer coffin and Otamendi is heading to meet up with Valencia while the journo's post-Woody meeting in the US all reckoned we were never that interested anyway. So I think we are down to either Stones or a surprise Laporte bid...........or we are going with Blind as a CB. :nervous:

khoazany

Marca reckon the nails are being readied for the Ramos transfer coffin and Otamendi is heading to meet up with Valencia while the journo's post-Woody meeting in the US all reckoned we were never that interested anyway. So I think we are down to either Stones or a surprise Laporte bid...........or we are going with Blind as a CB. :nervous:
Blind probably.Seems LVG really rate his reading of the game etc...We still have Rojo who I think will be first choice on the left side and LVG seems want to persist with Blackett as a back-up option as well.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
What happened to the hummles rumour?
Hummles, ramos, ottanendi, laporte... Seems like we are getting worse and worse and at this rate we will end up swapping Luiz for Di maria

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
What happened to the hummles rumour?
Hummles, ramos, ottanendi, laporte... Seems like we are getting worse and worse and at this rate we will end up swapping Luiz for Di maria
Hummels ruled out a switch to us months ago, killed the rumours stone dead. Ramos doesn't look like it's happening, apparently we're not even in for Otamendi, so it's anybody's guess who the feck we're actually trying to buy.

LvG said he wanted to improve the spine of the team -- that means GK (depends on De Gea) CBs, CMs, and a forward -- we've done the CMs but have a CB and a forward to sign.

foolsgold

Surely Jones / Smalling is our first choice CB pairing in these circumstances with Rojo / Evans / McNair as backups. (Evans doesn't go anywhere unless we sign someone.)

There's a lot of people in the queue before Blind; I like blind but he's better deployed at LB or MC

Devil may care

Surely Jones / Smalling is our first choice CB pairing in these circumstances with Rojo / Evans / McNair as backups. (Evans doesn't go anywhere unless we sign someone.)

There's a lot of people in the queue before Blind; I like blind but he's better deployed at LB or MC
I think LvG wants one of his CB's to be good on the ball, which is where Blind will come in.

westlife4ever

Seems like LvG is going to rely on Mike Smalling and Daley Blind. And of course, Phil "the Phil Jones" Jones.