If the super league happens, will you still support Man United? Now with added poll

If the super league happens, will you still support Man United?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes Id be interested in seeing the very best players going up against each other a bit more often. I hope pressure can lead to the competition being more open and I hope the clubs stay in the domestic leagues

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I don't think any of them can really just decide to do so without the fans, due to the ownership rules there. The only clubs exempt from those rules are Wolfsburg, Bayer Leverkusen and Hoffenheim, so I guess technically they could decide to join the ESL. They're all shit, though. Wolfsburg's got one of the best women's teams in the world, though, so you'd probably want them in a women's ESL, at least if you want to sell it as having the best of the best (though they killed any chance of that by inviting Arsenal and Tottenham.)
But they won't also accept it because of the backlash from the fans. It's not as if Vfl Wolfsburg, Bayer Leverkusen and TSG Hoffenheim are owned by companies from other parts of the world, the clubs are representatives of those cities. Wolfsburg is a city grown by Volkswagen, the company that owns the club, and the team represents the workers of the company. Same with Bayer and the city of Leverkusen. Therefore the companies have a connection to those cities and those fans and I highly doubt they would do anything to anger that fanbase, given the companies come from that same region.

It's not the same as American or Middle East owners, who have no connection to the club or the city.

Lemon Moon

I'll always support United. But if this goes ahead, I'll cut the club out of my life until the ESL idea is abandoned and the Glazers are gone.

oz insomniac

Like most fans living overseas, have been very sceptical of the Glazers methods and reason for owning Man Utd and the actions currently undertaken and the absolute 2 faced fraud that is Woodward has made me wonder wtf . Overnight I’ve gone from looking forward to who is going to be signed, what the Europa cup holds and can the gap be closed 9n City, to disgust and apathy towards a club I’ve supported all my rather long life, until the aglazers and the toad faced Woodward are gone, it’s time to savour something else.

At least here in Sydney I have a vibrant Rugby League competition to watch and a club to support. Feel like a part of me has disappeared, born in England , emigrated and still supported Man Utd , now it’s not the same - the Glazers have Fcuked it all up.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
You say this but you know the Glazer's Tampa Bay Bucs won the Super Bowl?
That was no example of good planning. The Bucs have been an irrelevent franchise for years until Brady decided he wanted to move to Florida to not pay State Tax and wanted to spend his last couple years in a more laid back franchise. They just got lucky.

the_answer

Like most fans living overseas, have been very sceptical of the Glazers methods and reason for owning Man Utd and the actions currently undertaken and the absolute 2 faced fraud that is Woodward has made me wonder wtf . Overnight I’ve gone from looking forward to who is going to be signed, what the Europa cup holds and can the gap be closed 9n City, to disgust and apathy towards a club I’ve supported all my rather long life, until the aglazers and the toad faced Woodward are gone, it’s time to savour something else.

At least here in Sydney I have a vibrant Rugby League competition to watch and a club to support. Feel like a part of me has disappeared, born in England , emigrated and still supported Man Utd , now it’s not the same - the Glazers have Fcuked it all up.
Yep went from being really passionate to "if I have nothing better to do I might just watch".

A million options to spend my time, why should I choose to spend it with a corporation that does not respect me in the slightest?

NoLogo

Not only will I stop supporting Man Utd but stop watching professional football altogether. I was getting bored with the state of professional football already and this will only serve to be the final nail in the coffin.

Rustyspider13

I'll always support United, I'll even watch the SL games if I'm being honest. But the permanent spot means it'll feel hollow. However, if the SL means being out of the PL, I think I'll stop watching football all together. When I look back at my fondest United moments of recent times, Rooney's overhead v City, Macheda v Villa, Owen v City, RVP v City, Juanfield, Matic v Palace etc. alongside the numerous comebacks we've staged this season, all have come in the league. The PL is the biggest competition to me and if it is gone/devalued to the point of being irrelevant I can't see myself supporting United. I never thought it would come to this. Even two days later it feels surreal.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I honestly wouldn't watch it. I anyway watch much less football than in the past, I'll just remember to good old times under Fergie, watch World Cups, and that's it

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I’d be absolutely done.

The formation of the premier league and the morals of UEFA or current club owners are a different kettle of fish. The hard line is the guaranteed places which is spitting on every other club not involved and I can’t stand by and give my support to that.

Kills the dream for fans who think just maybe they can be the next Leicester. We have West Ham competing for the CL spot this year, do you have any idea what that means for them as a club? Just to rip this all away because the billy big bollocks clubs decided they have a god given right to be involved and guarantee their cash flow. feck that

Cypherage

I love United, I love the history of United, but the owners are making it difficult to stay in love with United, the owner's do not care about United, and only use United as a cashcow, the soul of United is being ripped out of the club by greed and that is really unforutane, the game we love has been overun by ceo's and owners who do not care and will never care about the football aspect, just profits and merchandise and branding.

Some would say " some change might be for the best" yes it will be the best for the pocket of the owners and ceo's, the only time these people really care about the fan's is when it comes to how many of them they can actually get to spend money on tickets or merchandise and thats about it.

The heart of the club, and the soul of football(what's left of it) is being ripped to shreds, and that is just a tough cookie to swallow, ill always love Manchester United, but should this go ahead then I will no longer watch them, ill keep an eye out on the scores on a website, but generally speaking the format of we can never lose is just pointless.

Reactions: Penna

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I understand what United means to us who have grown up as kids idolizing the team, and that we have this deep personal connection to the history and rivalry etc, and no one can simply switch that off and walk away. Believe me I appreciate that.
I guess what I'm saying is, in reality we'll no longer be supporters of a team competing for legitimate honors. Winning trophies will not be the prime objective of the team we're routing for. The success of the business will be measured in profit, not in on field success.
In time there will be no fan banter and debate, because the business won't be fan based. Why get angry and passionate about a team without the ambition to succeed, if success is not measured by winning football matches?
The reason we as fans get so passionate about the premier league and champions league, and the rivalry, is because it's driven by a competing will to win. That won't exist in the ESL.
I think that's a bit much. I don't like this model one bit but trophies will continue to be the end goal (unless you have Arsenal's owners) and rivalries will continue to exist and develop. People have drawn parallels to American sports. While I can see many falling out of love with football as a result, as I have myself with cricket, American sports do surely have a lot of passion, banter and ambition involved.

Having said that, it's really depressing to realise that we, alongwith all the other big clubs, are run by individuals who have such a blatant disregard for the sport as a whole. As someone above said, you're making the field so narrow and closed off, it should be illegal and considered a violation of competition law or whatever there is in Europe.

Salfordlad70

I can't see myself watching it. I understand that things don't stand still and progress and change happens, but I fell in love with football standing on the Stretford End in the late 70's and this crap is not what I signed up for. I think my love affair with football will soon be over.

Bwuk

Be more funny seeing if Arsenal fans remain Arsenal fans, as they routinely finish bottom of the Super League and can't get relegated.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
I’d love to take a stand and step away but I just can’t. I’m ashamed of the decisions being taken here, it’s morally grotesque and I can’t think of many positives for it. I will happy take a stand in some way but I can’t stop watching and loving this team, they’ve got me.

spe88

I’m surprised to what i’m seeing in how many people would still support United.

The Glazers are going to keep pulling peoples pants down until you make your voice heard.

I won’t be renewing my ST, or paying to watch any subscription services to watch it.

Fans need to stand together on this.

hubbuh

I’d love to take a stand and step away but I just can’t. I’m ashamed of the decisions being taken here, it’s morally grotesque and I can’t think of many positives for it. I will happy take a stand in some way but I can’t stop watching and loving this team, they’ve got me.
It wouldn't be Manchester United anymore. It'd be a global money-spinning, corporate entity with the sole purpose of making the Glazer family wealthier.

Icemav

Premier League must not be disrupted. It remains the most important completion for me as a Manchester United fan. It's our bread and butter. You can play around with the European stuff but leave the league alone
100% agree. The Premier League the most important competition for our side by a wide margin. feck the CL and double feck this Super League.

Total boycott by me. This is only the beginning from these people. If people want the Glazers essentially controlling global football then by all means tune in and make it so.

Oh and feck the fans who support this. The cabal behind this know people are lazy and self serving which is why they are confident of pushing this through.

Antni1987

It would be a no from me and that pains me to say it but it wouldn’t be Manchester United anymore.

As Obi-Wan tells Luke “he’s more machine now than man, twisted and evil”

hubbuh

I think that's a bit much. I don't like this model one bit but trophies will continue to be the end goal (unless you have Arsenal's owners) and rivalries will continue to exist and develop. People have drawn parallels to American sports. While I can see many falling out of love with football as a result, as I have myself with cricket, American sports do surely have a lot of passion, banter and ambition involved.

Having said that, it's really depressing to realise that we, alongwith all the other big clubs, are run by individuals who have such a blatant disregard for the sport as a whole. As someone above said, you're making the field so narrow and closed off, it should be illegal and considered a violation of competition law or whatever there is in Europe.
American teams are owned by Americans. They've got an inherent desire and love for the game. Why would Americans give a shit about Man Utd, Liverpool, and Arsenal winning trophies over making themselves more money? The only reason any of them became owners in the first place was to make money (since being at the club they've underspent, relative to the club's revenue). Being in the closed shop of the super league immediately takes away the need to spend big to get into the top 4. They had an automatic golden ticket into the Champions League when Fergie was still here and no doubt fecking loved it. They could compete in Europe and spend the bare minimum. They obviously want that gravy train back.

EDIT. Also, have you seen the videos of American stadiums during games? It's crap and lame.

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Voted No.

It's easy to say this now but I won't watch any United if the Super League goes through. The only saving grace for me in football is that the Bundesliga clubs haven't agreed to this yet, I can only hope that they continue not to. I'll switch to just watching the BL as a complete neutral not supporting any club, like I already do, but won't support that cancerous league.

hubbuh

If people think football will stay the same with passion and banter they are massively mistaken. Look at the quotes by Perez - they are directly marketing this towards consumers that aren't invested in football beyond the surface level of big names and big games. The extent of that passion and banter can be witnessed in the comment section of illegal streams. They want to replace 'legacy' fans with casual consumers happy to swallow whatever bowl of uncompetitive, exclusive glossy shit is served to them. Loads of fans will walk away if this happens.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
For me it's not a question of me stopping being a United fan. The bigger question is, will I actively despise Glazer's Manchester United? It's very possible.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Did they ask us fans? Did they ask the grandees of the game? Did they ask the players? Did they ask the coaches or managers? The arrogance! Let’s show them we matter - get everyone in here to make a statement- fwxk off Glazers and friends; no closed shop.

saivet

It will be a no from me. I certainly won't pay to watch it or attend any games either. I'm not sure how I'll feel about football in general despite previously thinking I'd never lose interest in football but now I'm starting to think this could happen.

For sporting entertainment I'll just watch more tennis and possibly get back into F1 as I used to be a huge fan before I stopped watching it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
American teams are owned by Americans. They've got an inherent desire and love for the game. Why would Americans give a shit about Man Utd, Liverpool, and Arsenal winning trophies over making themselves more money? The only reason any of them became owners in the first place was to make money (since being at the club they've underspent, relative to the club's revenue). Being in the closed shop of the super league immediately takes away the need to spend big to get into the top 4. They had an automatic golden ticket into the Champions League when Fergie was still here and no doubt fecking loved it. They could compete in Europe and spend the bare minimum. They obviously want that gravy train back.
I wish we had nipped this in the bud and somehow stopped outside ownership by private individuals. It's made football club's which are part of people's lives and cultures, a plaything to feck around with. Basically using the Manchester United (or other club) name as an investment. I know the game needs money pumped in but complete ownership for these feckwits was the wrong way

IncyWincySpider

I voted no because I probably wouldn't bother watching football any more, so I couldn't really describe myself as a United fan if I wasn't actually bothering to watch them play. I wouldn't support anyone else though, probably just follow other sports.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Surprised by the poll results tbh. It’s not possible to be as emotionally invested in this club, in football in general and the development of young talents like Greenwood or Rashford then just stop watching completely. When the games are on you all know you’ll be watching. Don’t kid yourself. It’s inevitable. You might hate yourself for doing it but you will.

Tincanalley

Surprised by the poll results tbh. It’s not possible to be as emotionally invested in this club, in football in general and the development of young talents like Greenwood or Rashford then just stop watching completely. When the games are on you all know you’ll be watching. Don’t kid yourself. It’s inevitable. You might hate yourself for doing it but you will.
Important thing now @Pogue Mahone is to send a message. Even if the impact is infinitesimal it is the voice of supporters.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yes, but with less enthusiasm. It will be hard to completely disassociate myself with the club that I’ve followed with my heart for 25+ years.

Tincanalley

Definitely. I’m more than willing to sign a petition saying I will only ever watch croquet if this goes ahead. I’d be kidding myself but whatever it takes, right?
Well I remember mistaking you for a buddy with the same profession here in Sligo. This guy lives and breathes the club. Imagine all the people who are gutted today. Resist.

Craig Ward

You say this but you know the Glazer's Tampa Bay Bucs won the Super Bowl?
So what?

Winning this new league will be meaningless because it isn't competitive, and we'll end up playing the same teams next season......and the season after.

It's not worthwhile. What legitimate football fan will take any joy and happiness from this new "super" league? A competition born out of greed and money. No history, no competitiveness, no soul. Win or lose? doesn't matter - it's not a league designed for football - it's purely designed for money making.

Any true footballing person will have no part in it whatsoever.

I hope our manager walks, our players refuse to play. If this league goes ahead, all the good we have done as a club for decades is undone. If the league is formed - I hope we crumble to nothing because that is all that we deserve

Tincanalley

So what?

Winning this new league will be meaningless because it isn't competitive, and we'll end up playing the same teams next season......and the season after.

It's not worthwhile. What legitimate football fan will take any joy and happiness from this new "super" league? A competition born out of greed and money. No history, no competitiveness, no soul. Win or lose? doesn't matter - it's not a league designed for football - it's purely designed for money making.

Any true footballing person will have no part in it whatsoever.

I hope our manager walks, our players refuse to play. If this league goes ahead, all the good we have done as a club for decades is undone. If the league is formed - I hope we crumble to nothing because that is all that we deserve
This. Maybe we need a thumbs up/like thing in here. Tough words. But the collapse of the club would hopefully kill the virus. Then the rebuild can begin from the roots up.