If we finish 4th, should Ole get the job full time? [Poll added]

If we finish in the top 4 should Ole be made permanent manager?

• Total voters

Hammer_st

After games under Ole we should give him a fulltime manager even he finishes 5th.
Except one of Guardiola, Tuchel or Klopp is free:-)

Last edited by a moderator:

deef

I really hope it works out for him and he gets the job.

He seems to bring a lot to the table already and to be willing to learn.

There are a lot of factors we simply cannot judge him on just yet and of course he's a risk but in my opinion every manager coming in would be so too in our situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
That’s nonsense.
Poch has won just two cops del Reyes in his football career. Player and manager! He is not a winner, he’s had one of the best elevens in the league the last few years world class striker, World Cup winning gk and won the total sum of naff all.
Ole has won the champions league as a player so knows the feeling, took over a club and won the league, he’s a winner.
Poch thinks trophies are over rated, no surprise if he’s never one any.

Yea he’s played good football, so has Eddie Howe and numerous other managers.

Preferring ole to Poch is not as simple as being Romantic
It is because the sample size for Ole in top flight football is really, really small. You simply cannot make a logical judgement at this stage.

Tibs

Because we won the first 7 games and caught up so much ground, we perhaps are guilty of thinking we were going to waltz to third within another few weeks. This is a reality check.

Hopefully Chelsea and Spurs lose tonight, but if we get 4th its going to be super tight and it'll be by a point or 2

RooneyLegend

Don't know why anyone would want anyone else in the job. The man has collected 19 points out of 21 since he came in and the points we did drop had nothing to do with his coaching. We finally have our club back, why would we try to lose it again.

Red For Ever

4th or not
I think Ole will be a good appointment

He is no fool, he is smart enough to learn and adapt

Nikelesh Reddy

Zidane walked into a squad super team with Ronaldo in it, I know there was a lot more to do for him but United ain't no RM man for man. Poch was my 1st choice up until we played them and seeing he didn't change tactics with he's CB's kept pushing forward leaving space for us, and there fans confirming that he is stubborn with changing he's tactics regardless of how the game is going. Also ain't won nothing like Ole so there is that.

So I still think we have a fantastic opituninty to try before we buy which we ain't had before. I know Ole ain't perfect and has a bit to learn but he's a United man and we won't get a opituninty like this any time soon.
Real were a super team even before....Ronaldo won only 1 CL with Real in 6 seasons until Zidane came along.Guardiola inherited a brilliant Bayern Munich team,but he never reached a CL final....Mourinho had a brilliant Real team,but never reached a final.

Some amazing teams haven’t won the CL,so for a manager to take his team to 3 CL’s in a row is a ridiculous achievement.Plus he also won La Liga(Real haven’t won too many league titles over the last 10 years)....

Ole has to achieve something tangible to be considered ahead of managers like Zidane and Pochettino....He definitely has to finish 4th at the very least to even have a chance of getting the job full time...I”m not against that,but I think it’s still far too early...

IrishGlen

What if he reaches the fa cup final but looses to penaltys, finishes 5th close to 4th by 2points but still 5th and beats PSG but exist quarters to Real/Barca/Juve.

Everything is almost !! hehe
Yes, in that case, I think he should be appointed!

We were 11 points behind two teams when he took over and now it’s just two points. The club could have never have expected a top 4 finish so the fact it’s still on deserves a lot of credit! Cups are a little more complex as the draw plays a part but obviously beating Arsenal and Chelsea gets a lot more brownie points than say City’s route!

The CL is another that the club can’t expect him to beat PSG so if that happens, he’s exceeded expectations!

It’s not a natural season for us so expectations are lower. I feel Ole is going to be a victim of his own success as if we don’t make top 4, it will be viewed as a failure despite that being more attributable to Mourinho than Ole. I find this all very fascinating and I’d be very interested to know what expectations were placed on him when being appointed and whether he’s already exceeded them / par!

minoo-utd

Last 8 C.L
Reduce the gap on 4th
Beating Pool
Beating Chelsea in the cup

I think if he can do these, the board will give him the contract, otherwise they will be a bit worry.

For me I'd love to take Zidane as he is free and I see this as opportunity but man if Ole did well in those games and let us play still for something till may so who can say no, specially with his system and this attacking football and desire. Finger crossed for the best for the club at the next appointment.

George The Best

Really think they will bide their time and see who wants it in May. Still think their preferred option is Poch. Ole doing a great job but really only tasked with concentrating on the first team, not the bigger picture. They’ve got MP back to help him with that and that was a great move. Next Manager needs to see the broad picture - develop the youth, academy and attract the best players. Poch’s record for building an academy is first class and he’d likely attract some big names, or even develop some better ones. If nobody else wants it then Ole has to be in the frame. Think there will be a lot of takers better than him though - imo.