If we sell Lukaku - who will our new CF signing be? Predictions in here...

Kemizee

None, Greenwood and Martial will get more opportunities behind Rashford with James, Chong filling in on either wing. There's a bigger hole at center back and defensive midfield to fill in before buying another forward.
And what is your best case prediction for the season with all the players you listed leading our forward line?

Beaucoup

I recon we won’t replace him like for like, will be a 10 or 7.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
All I will say is what proof theres enough goals in the team? People can point out Lukakus disappointing return last season but 9/10 he's still 20+ goals. It's wishful thinking to think we'll just replace that within the squad. We need more goalscorers

KristianMackle

I've been saying Timo Werner for a long time but you just know Bayern will have first refusal on him. Very annoying but I'd break the bank for him after Rom left.

KevinJoh

I would not be surprised if we replace Lukaku with someone who is playing in some other positions, as Ole could think that we have enough strikers in Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Alexis. Another option is to go for someone experiences and relatively cheap, who would not mind to be on the bench. Ben Yedder from Sevilla has been in the press as someone who have 40m release clause so can be bought in a day or two.

dogwithabone

With Ole being part of a four man strike force in most of his time here I think that’s the route he will go so another body in when Lukaku goes.

I’d have a crack at trying to get Vardy, a Sheringham type signing. He wouldn’t play every game but I doubt he’d be able to resist a career swan song with us. Rashford, Martial, Vardy and Greenwood would be equal to anything anywhere else in the PL.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sanchez at 9. The rebirth. Will be as good as a new signing.

Bwuk

We won’t sign another striker. Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Greenwood can all play at 9.

Think it’s more likely the Lukaku money will be spent on another creative midfielder.

Okey

Timo Werner is available and so very gettable. Going into last year of his contract so won't cost a kidney either. Bayern stalling for some reason. Would be quite the coup if we nabbed him.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I'm very doubtful we'd sign a striker. Imagine the prices we'll be quoted for anyone half decent. There's a reason we paid £75m+ in the first place.

AFC NimbleThumb

We won’t sign another striker. Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Greenwood can all play at 9.

Think it’s more likely the Lukaku money will be spent on another creative midfielder.
This is what I suspect & it’s disgraceful if so.

This team has been so badly put together that this summers incomings should have no relation to our outgoings.

We have lost Fellaini & Herrera in consecutive windows, the Lakaku money should have nothing to do with their replacement(s). We are woefully short of top talent in that area, selling a striker shouldn’t bear any influence on rebuilding our midfield.

I made a comment about us behaving ‘skint’ & it was roundly jumped on but this is exactly what I mean; we generate so much money yet continue to function in such a way as to negate our outlay.

It feels like “sell on value” over a players value to the team on the field to me.

It’s all well & good people bleating that United have spent £££mil in the past years but if you buy a striker for £75mil & sell him for £75mil+ 2 seasons later I hardly see that as investment.

The board would be happy to get rid of Pogba for a profit that they would pocketed too.

ZeMario

Greenwood. He’s our solution for the CF, RW, CdM and CB spot.

jesperjaap

Ben Yedder I think is a nonsense story and hope so anyway.

I dont think we will sign a replacement and if we dont I would like to see Rashford on the left with James as an understdy with Martial up front with Greenwood as an understudy and actually sign a new right winger......which wont happen, we will probably have Sanchez as second choice striker and persist with Rashford who isnt a natural enough finisher to be successful over a whole season.

If we do sign a replacement I would like it to be Moise Kean but if we dont sell Lukaku on quickly we will probably be too slow for that move to if there is any interest.....and the negative is yes its THAT agent again

Andersons Dietician

I don’t think we’ll replace Lukaku and in all honesty I don’t see bar 1 who we could buy that is a better striker in this moment. Think it’ll be a mix of Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Sanchez and James in a pinch. If Sanchez can sort whatever is happening to him then he is capable of 20+ goals a season.

However if we are buying a striker then surely it has to be Timo. 1 year left on his contract. Offer them 50 and see what they say. Because signing Yedder under any circumstances for 40 mil is stupid. Problem would be Timo is better than Rashford so if we are playing 1 upfront does Rashford go right or left.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think we'll go for Charlie Austin, when we're struggling for goals, he can come off the bench and nick one. Could be the difference between us winning the league and us not winning it.

UnitedRoadRed

Looks like the Fernandes deal is waiting on us getting an acceptable offer for Lukaku. Shifting a couple from central defence would free up the wage bill for one more too. Sanchez incoming next summer if we get top four.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don’t think we’ll replace Lukaku and in all honesty I don’t see bar 1 who we could buy that is a better striker in this moment. Think it’ll be a mix of Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Sanchez and James in a pinch. If Sanchez can sort whatever is happening to him then he is capable of 20+ goals a season.

However if we are buying a striker then surely it has to be Timo. 1 year left on his contract. Offer them 50 and see what they say. Because signing Yedder under any circumstances for 40 mil is stupid. Problem would be Timo is better than Rashford so if we are playing 1 upfront does Rashford go right or left.
What has Werner been like in Europe or international tournaments? Has he scored a reasonable amount?

Alabaster Codify7

We won't.
The owners will pocket the money and Ole will tell the fans he's happy with Rashy and Greenwood as our only options. To be honest - there aren't many options out there that are realistic, this summer.

Andersons Dietician

What has Werner been like in Europe or international tournaments? Has he scored a reasonable amount?
I think he has played 13 European games and he has scored 7. Not sure of his international contribution.

114 appearances for RB and has scored 61 with 27 assist.

Speed, workrate can press can finish it’s just does Ole think we really need another striker and how much faith does he have in Rashford and Martial. I think Ole will probably back himself to be able to raise Martial and Rashfords game and make them better so we won’t bring anyone in.

RedDevilRoshi

Is Diogo Jota from Wolves not a striker but is playing on the wing to accommodate Jimenez?

Someone that has always impressed whenever he has played.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think its going to be Fat Yedder. If it was for me I'd go for Bergwijn as RW and then hope that Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Greenwood can score the goals we need.

steve.crowford

How good is Yussuf Poulsen?
Agree with Poulsen, monster striker and he has a not bad speed for his dimensions + will be much better motivated then Lukaku
A comparison of the Height of forwards that could be ours
Yussuf Poulsen - 1,93 m
Edin Džeko - 1,93 m
Romelu Lukaku - 1,90 m
Duván Zapata - 1,89 m
Iñaki Williams - 1,86 m
Arkadiusz Milik - 1,86 m
Maximiliano Gómez - 1,86 m
Ante Rebic - 1,85 m
Andrea Belotti - 1,81 m
Mauro Icardi - 1,81 m
Paulo Dybala - 1,77 m