If you could give JM a piece of advice what would it be?

Janson

To think there's anything anyone on here could advise any professional football manager on anything is laughable tbh but I'd ask him to please play Herrera with Matic and Pogba in a 3 man midfield, something I suspect most would say in some variation or another

He'd probably smile at me through his teeth thinking feck off
:)Exactly. This forum is full of advice for him anyway, wonder why he doesn't listen. We could be top of the league right now, with the help of all the experts on here.

TRD

So many advises:

1.) Attack is the best form of defense. Do not park the bus against big teams instead attack them to bring them under pressure.

2.) Play 3 at the back or 4-3-3 to get best out of Pogba.

3.) There are so many talented youngster in U-18 and U-23. Give them chances against weaker teams at home.

4.) Drop Lukaku and play Martial as striker as Lukaku is always drifted at wings where he is of no use.

beingshe7don

1. Switch to 4-3-3 from 4-2-3-1
2. Play Pogba at the top left of the 3 in midfield
3. Sanchez should be tried as a RF and Martial as a LF with Lukaku as ST/ CF
4. Buy Jorginho as Matic replacement and Milinkovic-Savic as the right sided midfielder in midfield 3
5. Tuanzebe needs to be played at CB

OldTrevil

This thread had potential but I just glanced through a couple pages and seems like it took an about turn midway

Amir

Actually that might be a good idea. A lot of SAF's success was down to hiring really good coaches, working them to the bone and then sending them on their way (to fail in management) when he was done with them.
That's exactly the thing. Fergie kept going forward through getting forward thinking coaches at the right time. Kidd, McLaren, Queiroz. But Mourinho is probably more hands on in the day to day routine so I'm not even sure how a different coaching staff would help.

All the suggestions about certain formations or playing this player here and that player there are nice, but they won't make a huge change. Our problem is more hollistic.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
That's exactly the thing. Fergie kept going forward through getting forward thinking coaches at the right time. Kidd, McLaren, Queiroz. But Mourinho is probably more hands on in the day to day routine so I'm not even sure how a different coaching staff would help.

All the suggestions about certain formations or playing this player here and that player there are nice, but they won't make a huge change. Our problem is more hollistic.
I totally agree with your agreeing with me (gotta love the internet)