If you were Niall, what words or phrases would you ban from the football forum?

Nero

Percentile. This seems to be this year's hip stat word.

Abraxas

Generational and press resistant have to be up there competing.

Elcabron

Should of....it's 'should have' you cnuts
CDM and DLPM
He is more of a number x than a number y

Member 101269

gegenpressing
Sexy football
'horny' Man Utd
Expectations are too high
the season is over
Martial hasn't been given a fair chance

" Tony Martial came from France
The English press said he had no chance
50 million down the drain
Tony Martial scores again"

Beans

Last edited by a moderator:

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
"Bottled it" , "Bottlers" used every time someone/ a team doesn't achieve what a person expects them to.

Lost a final? Bottled it.
Loads of injuries leading to a dip in form that means you slide down the table?Bottlers.

There are instances where it's appropriate (eg Milan in Istanbul 2005, players blasting penalties a mile wide)but for the most part it's just lazy analysis.

siw2007

I hate the word ‘elite’ - I find it quite a childish word to describe the quality of a player.

I haven’t seen it that much but I cringe when I see ‘clutch’. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it’s from the American vocabulary list so shouldn’t be near ours.

UnitedFire

I hate the word ‘elite’ - I find it quite a childish word to describe the quality of a player.

I haven’t seen it that much but I cringe when I see ‘clutch’. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it’s from the American vocabulary list so shouldn’t be near ours.
I'll clutch on to the word elite, thank you very much!

Baxter

PR.

Just used as an excuse for a bitch about United players.

bringbackbebe

Modern fullback. I cringe every time I hear this word. There is absolutely nothing modern about the modern fullback.

Stadjer

Modern fullback. I cringe every time I hear this word. There is absolutely nothing modern about the modern fullback.
Really? Full backs dont have to be somewhat good at defending anymore. The full back is in some cases more of a playmaker than a defender.

Full backs have even more responsibilities these days than even the attacking old school fullbacks had. Gary Neville needed to defend. In attack he sometimes needed to overlap/run past Beckham and whack in a not so accurate cross. Fullbacks need to do more than that these days.

bringbackbebe

Really? Full backs dont have to be somewhat good at defending anymore. The full back is in some cases more of a playmaker than a defender.

Full backs have even more responsibilities these days than even the attacking old school fullbacks had. Gary Neville needed to defend. In attack he sometimes needed to overlap/run past Beckham and whack in a not so accurate cross. Fullbacks need to do more than that these days.
Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Dani Alves...tons of examples from history where teams have taken advantage of this

KeanoMagicHat

‘He’s more of an 8 than a 6’ - always using numbers to describe player positions.

‘Levels’

Stadjer

Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Dani Alves...tons of examples from history where teams have taken advantage of this
All three of them were special fullbacks. They werent representive of the fullbacks of that time. Besides that, Dani Alves is still playing and set the benchmark for the modern day fullback. Maybe you dont see the difference in use between full backs of the past and how fullbacks play currently but in my opinion a modern day fullback clearly is a thing and very different to the old school fullback. Even the bad teams now have backs that are expected to contribute to the attack, that wasnt expected from them in the past. Atleast clearly not as much.

Stadjer

and to answer the question.

I would ban the ''play for/fight for/deserve the shirt'', refering to a player or manager as ''a fraud'', ''player X has no or needs to show more passion/desire'' and ''young player X needs to bulk up/needs a loan at prem club''.