Ighalo Vs Weghorst

Skills

Snitch
Two of the least threatening strikers I've ever seen at the club. Who was better?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Could Ighalo play the defensive number 10 role though?

CallMeV

Weghorst is easily in the top 5 worst players I've ever seen play for United. He has absolutely nothing going for him at this level. At the very least you'd expect him to be strong and good in the air but from what I've seen he's easily put off his balance and loses the vast majority of aerial duels, even against much smaller players.

I mean, this is a player that championship side Burnley decided they could do without and it's clear to see why.

macheda14

Weghorst is easily in the top 5 worst players I've ever seen play for United. He has absolutely nothing going for him at this level. At the very least you'd expect him to be strong and good in the air but from what I've seen he's easily put off his balance and loses the vast majority of aerial duels, even against much smaller players.

I mean, this is a player that championship side Burnley decided they could do without and it's clear to see why.
1, how long have you actually been watching United.

2, Burnley didn’t do without him, he had a clause that if they got relegated he could leave on loan.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can’t remember Ighalo but he was a permanent signing wasn’t he which in itself is an amazing fact

RedDevilRoshi

Ighalo better on the ball, crap off it.

Weghorst better off the ball, crap on it.

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto
Ighalo was much better, and being someone who saw Aboubakar play for his club for years, he would have been a much much better investment

lysglimt

Scout
Kinda ironic that this thread comes today - when half the team did worse than Weghorst.

Apokalips

When he joined, I looked at Weghorst's fbref and he looked like a DM...he plays just how the stats presented.

He has no speed and can't even play quick balls forward, always has to turn back to protect the ball and pass backwards and let's not talk about how playing him in behind surrenders possession meekly. At least he fights to win the ball back though.

hobbers

Two of the luckiest players in history to wear the shirt. Fortunately both only wearing it briefly.

Todd

In a season of really good transfers, Weghorst stands out as a god-awful transfer. Other than winning some headers occasionally because he's 8 feet tall, he offers nothing of value.

kopviolator

In a season of really good transfers, Weghorst stands out as a god-awful transfer. Other than winning some headers occasionally because he's 8 feet tall, he offers nothing of value.
That's not exactly true is it? He brings a lot of work effort which is obviously why ETH starts him every match. He is pressing and his link up is fine. But yeah, he is lacking in other areas.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Ighalo was £4m for the initial loans then it raised to £10.5m when we extended it.
Aye, not sure how people are forgetting that. It was crazy money for what we got. Seems like a pretty straightforward answer when you count that in.

Big_Bro

Ighalo obviously was a greater goal threat, makes more penetrating runs and had more presence in the opposition box.

Last edited: