I'm mad and upset.......

gorky_utd

Hopefully, but I have a hard time thinking Varane's presence will make Matic take fewer touches on the ball or stop Fred from being Fred, to be honest.

Hopefully we'll get to a place where Ole, having spent £170m on defenders, will trust his defence enough to refrain from playing with two CDMs in games we should be controlling, but I'm not holding my breath.
Especially when the rb is completely useless with the ball, 2 cdm is not going to win the league.

SAFMUTD

So the love that Ole and the club got for a great window and a fantastic opening game of the season has now ended in doom and gloom and we're shite and we're all gonna get relegated and we're going to win nothing. Why? Because of a draw.

Here come the PE teacher comments....yawn....

....and the best one of the lot....somehow Ole THINKS he's the 2nd coming of Fergie......now ridiculous. Not even going to give it the time of day because it's that stupid of a post.

This forum will never be happy. It's always one way or the other. Hot or Cold. Why is everything so shite with Ole? Like why is it when we draw, it's simply just a draw. It's always the end of the world.

I'm fecking frustrated that every time this happens we always:
  • Want to flirt with another manager.
  • Want Ole to get the sack.
  • Call all of our players shite.
  • Give Ole a stupid "if he hasn't done x by x he should go" time frame.
  • Disregard everything that he's done good, because of 1 draw.

It's the 2nd game of the season for fecks sake!

Just tell me why. Just one reasonable reason. Why that when we don't pummel a "lower table" team 5-0 (like this forum expects week in week out) that Ole should get the sack.

We now have a World Class team and that STILL isn't good enough for you.

De Gea
Varane
Maguire
Shaw
Bruno
Pogba
Sancho

That's A LOT of the first team and you would undoubtedly see someone say oh (One of those players above) is absolute dross and should be sold.

I'm so frustrated at our fanbase. Be upset that we drew yes. But don't be so frustrated after every time we don't win you call for a sacking.
What you don't understand is that these posters' comments are not based on that single game. But on Ole's overall run, some of us expect consistency and are tired of throwing seasons to the garbage excused by slim "progress".

While some comments are over the top, like the PE teacher ones, the truth is Ole does not eat in the same table than Pep, Klopp and Tuchel. That's what we are currently facing in the league, probably the hardest time to be a United manager.

We need a word class coach to keep up with them and Ole simply isn't one.

Blazing hot takes - bad and good - are my favourites to read.

Football is only as important as you LARP it to be. It'd be really fecking dull if everyone came on with perfectly moderate, sensible, unemotional takes like "Oh well, we dropped 2 points. Not that important in the grand scheme of things. Maybe we'll win the next one! Glory glory the brand that I chose to like the most."

Much prefer hype like 'We're going unbeaten' after one decent win, followed immediately by 'We're absolute shit' after a couple of dropped points.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How much longer do we have to keep on saying this before something improves
Again, everyone can't be complaining about Mcfred and Matic - then complain the same level about Ole.

We are possibly a Striker and a midfielder away from having the near best team possible for us - then if Ole can't win things then his time is up.

Getting a new manager right now seems like we are hiring a manager to take over Ole's bunch of good players and plan when we are two or three transfers away looking like the most complete version of United we have had since SAF (some may even argue 2010).

I'd rather let him actually fail first.

Rockets Redglare

2nd Place and a Europa League final not good enough for you? Of course it's not.
With a better manager we’d have walked that final. Second place and winning the Europa league would’ve been a very good achievement, but we lost in a cup again under Ole.

Fooza

What you don't understand is that these posters' comments are not based on that single game. But on Ole's overall run, some of us expect consistency and are tired of throwing seasons to the garbage excused by slim "progress".

While some comments are over the top, like the PE teacher ones, the truth is Ole does not eat in the same table than Pep, Klopp and Tuchel. That's what we are currently facing in the league, probably the hardest time to be a United manager.

We need a word class coach to keep up with them and Ole simply isn't one.
Exactly, look at at the subs thread, that has been consistently active cause nothings really changed.

croadyman

Again, everyone can't be complaining about Mcfred and Matic - then complain the same level about Ole.

We are possibly a Striker and a midfielder away from having the near best team possible for us - then if Ole can't win things then his time is up.

Getting a new manager right now seems like we are hiring a manager to take over Ole's bunch of good players and plan when we are two or three transfers away looking like the most complete version of United we have had since SAF (some may even argue 2010).

Harsh as this may sound and Ole inners won't like it but only need to look at Chelsea for the benefit of building a team then having the nerve to make that change and getting in the right manager to take us forward

Rojofiam

He tried his best but just not good enough at this elite level and it shows in games like today
And what do games like our several wins vs City, Chelsea, PSG, Leipzig, Tottenham, etc. show? He's pulled off a lot of tactical masterclasses against managers that are widely regarded as vastly superior to him

Or the fact that we rarely lose games

Or the fact that we are unbeaten away from home in 27 PL games

Or the fact that he's built a top 5 squad in the world from a team that was barely PL top 6 quality IN 2 SUMMERS?

Or the fact that we finished 2nd last year and we even led the league for 2-3 weeks after an abysmal transfer window and start to the season, and people in September were certain that we had no chance at top 4 and were sure that Pochettino would be coming soon after we went 0-1 down at Everton?

Or the fact that Shaw, Fred revived their United careers under him, with the former going from laughing stock to becoming the best left-back in the world, McTominay became a very good and imporant player? Rashford and Martial also had their career-best seasons under him in 19/20.

I guess he just got lucky with Fernandes too...and the "overpriced" Maguire that's a top5 CB in the world? Do you think Mason Greenwood would be a 100 million player at 19 years of age under any other manager? He also got the best out of Pogba by putting him on the left...if Guardiola or Klopp did that with a player we would never hear the end of it on this fecking forum.

He got it wrong today with giving Martial a chance, but we still would've won if McTominay didn't get injured. But let me tell you one thing: even Klopp, Guardiola, etc. get it wrong sometimes. Ole doesn't get it wrong a whole lot more often than them. All these things I mentioned won't fit your media and Twitter driven agenda, though, so you'll just dismiss it or even think it's ridiculous.

SER19

I've been ole in for a long time and would still love nothing more than seeing him succeed.

But it's not 'because of a draw'. There are of course posters who'll attack no matter what but it was the nature of the draw. You could be fooled for thinking it was any other season since 2013 and the only thing in oles favour at the minute i fear is that we're simply too early in the season to have fallen far behind.

Today's performance, more likely than not, will be replicated many times over this season. I hope I'm wrong but if it is we will be distant stragglers by December.

Nobody, even the most pessimistic among us could have anticipated matic being subbed off for lingard in GW 2 in 2021. Or an absolutely electric Greenwood getting shunted to right wing for a woeful martial while a 75m signing sits on the bench.

I can understand why peoples threshold is so low now. By January last season we had set a very low bar of a title challenge (from where we were) and winning an relatively easy Europa and we failed at both. Its been false dawn after false dawn and unfortunately its more likely than not that we will drop points in at least 1 of next 3, meaning we may well be up to 5 behind after 5 games again despite good fixtures

Anustart89

The problem is that by the time we get a striker and a defensive midfielder, we'll need a creative midfielder because Pogba will be gone, and then by the time we get that guy, we'll need a goalkeeper, and then Varane and Maguire will be 31 and we might need to think about replacing one of them, and then......

Now's the time to plug some holes in the squad (CDM), but we're too sentimental to sell players who clearly aren't taking us towards the next step (Lingard, James, Martial to name a few) which limits our spending in crucial transfer windows like this one.

The solution to this would be to get a manager who can get the maximum out of the players available to him. Tuchel won the CL without a proper striker, for example. Otherwise we'll just be going around in circles saying Ole needs x, y and z to challenge, but by the time he gets x, y and z we'll need a and b.

El Zoido

I barely even visit the caf if we fail to win. It’s nothing but the worst takes.

RUCK4444

So the love that Ole and the club got for a great window and a fantastic opening game of the season has now ended in doom and gloom and we're shite and we're all gonna get relegated and we're going to win nothing. Why? Because of a draw.

....and the best one of the lot....somehow Ole THINKS he's the 2nd coming of Fergie......now ridiculous. Not even going to give it the time of day because it's that stupid of a post.

This forum will never be happy. It's always one way or the other. Hot or Cold. Why is everything so shite with Ole? Like why is it when we draw, it's simply just a draw. It's always the end of the world.

Just tell me why. Just one reasonable reason. Why that when we don't pummel a "lower table" team 5-0 (like this forum expects week in week out) that Ole should get the sack.

De Gea
Varane
Maguire
Shaw
Bruno
Pogba
Sancho

That's A LOT of the first team and you would undoubtedly see someone say oh (One of those players above) is absolute dross and should be sold.

I'm so frustrated at our fanbase. Be upset that we drew yes. But don't be so frustrated after every time we don't win you call for a sacking.
I feel ya bud. I do.

I’m learning not to let the idiot section of our fanbase upset me too much, it’s hard though becuase they compound a loss or a draw and make it that much more frustrating.

hobbers

This is what it means to be 3.5 seasons in to a project at the biggest club in the world.

If we're out of touch of the top of the table by christmas Ole's position will be completely untenable. That's the knife edge he's walking this season.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I miss the good old days with Fergie when we used to win every game, convincingly, and with style to boot.

Never a point lost.

Never a dull moment.

The United way, and we should aspire to no less!

SAFMUTD

Man City had a DIRE performance against Spurs....yet people still would say they're favourites.

We had an amazing game against Leeds and an average one today. Where's the difference?

Oh yes this forum gives City more love than they do for their own club.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that they have won the league 3 times in the past 4 seasons?

Also it may affect that City's off games happens way less often that ours?

I don't know just my guess.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
The Caf is a monumentally depressing place to be honest. I prefer r/reddevils over this nowadays. This is from someone who joined in 2014 and started reading from 2011.

Red Star One

2nd Place and a Europa League final not good enough for you? Of course it's not.
We were 10 points off first, league was wrapped few weeks before the end, we never really challenged. Final of the secondary European competition which we lost to a much inferior side. Of course it’s not good enough

croadyman

And what do games like our several wins vs City, Chelsea, PSG, Leipzig, Tottenham, etc. show? He's pulled off a lot of tactical masterclasses against managers that are widely regarded as vastly superior to him

Or the fact that we rarely lose games

Or the fact that we are unbeaten away from home in 27 PL games

Or the fact that he's built a top 5 squad in the world from a team that was barely PL top 6 quality IN 2 SUMMERS?

Or the fact that we finished 2nd last year and we even led the league for 2-3 weeks after an abysmal transfer window and start to the season, and people in September were certain that we had no chance at top 4 and were sure that Pochettino would be coming soon after we went 0-1 down at Everton?

Or the fact that Shaw, Fred revived their United careers under him, with the former going from laughing stock to becoming the best left-back in the world, McTominay became a very good and imporant player? Rashford and Martial also had their career-best seasons under him in 19/20.

Or the fact that Rashford and Martial had their career best seasons under him? I guess he just got lucky with Fernandes too...and the "overpriced" Maguire that's a top5 CB in the world? Do you think Mason Greenwood would be a 100 million player at 19 years of age under any other manager? He also got the best out of Pogba by putting him on the left...if Guardiola or Klopp did that with a player I would never hear the end of it on this fecking forum.

He got it wrong today with giving Martial a chance, but we still would've won if McTominay doesn't get injured. But let me tell you one thing: even Klopp, Guardiola, etc. get it wrong sometimes. Ole doesn't get it wrong a whole lot more often than them. All these things I mentioned won't fit your media and Twitter driven agenda, though, so you'll just dismiss it or even think it's ridiculous.
Ok lets address some of these, yes he has done well in some of those big games but I cannot stand this negative approach in the majority of the matches against the so called big six last season anymore.

In regards to your second point we only finished 2nd last season due to the scousers defensive injuries and Tuchel being brought into Chelsea halfway through.

Yes I will admit that Shaw has improved under him but in regards to Fred we really need better quality than that on the ball in midfield. I will give Marcus a pass because he clearly hasn't been fully fit since that back injury picked up against Wolves a couple of seasons ago, in regards to Tony he has totally gone to the dogs ever since the Spurs red card and IF Marcus hadn't been injured then think he might have been on his way in this window.

So to sum up he isn't the right guy because not learning from his previous mistakes and the fact he will not accept he needs better coaches than the Utd old boys club alongside him which really grinds me.

Offsideagain

The 20 times Champions are level on points with Brentford. Spent over £110m on two players , one sat in the bench and the deemed not fit enough. Martial hasn’t put in a shift for two years yet Ole continues to give him chances. Fred isn’t consistent enough, Matic is over the hill. That team would have been battered by a top four team. I’m still convinced Ole was hired because he is cheap compared to the likes of Guardiola, Klopp and Tuchel. In the world of commerce, pension finds and investors look at the management team leading companies before they commit money to them. So it should be with United.

KennyBurner

Man City had a DIRE performance against Spurs....yet people still would say they're favourites.

We had an amazing game against Leeds and an average one today. Where's the difference?

City won the league last year by a good margin. They deserve to not be counted out while we couldnt even dispatch a fecking spanish side that we are comfortably better than head to head. At least make your points without bias. Its also very disgraceful of you claiming De Gea is worldclass.

GBBQ

I’m definitely not calling for Ole Out but he said himself we cannot have a slow start and I think a draw against a Southampton side missing a couple of key players from last season is below par. I’d also ask whether the team selection was right with two pedestrian midfielders in place. Chelsea took a gamble on Lukaku and that paid off, I’d have preferred that we took a similar gamble on Sancho from the start and kept Martial on the bench. They were there for the taking and we didn’t capitalise and in a league witnso many contenders we can’t afford too many slip ups.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam

De Gea
Varane
Maguire
Shaw
Bruno
Pogba
Sancho

Imagine getting this mad and upset just from what other strangers on the internet post online... Dude, just close your laptop/phone, go have a beer, go for a run, put on a movie, do whatever makes you chill for feck sake...

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well, sorry but you will have to get used to it. I won't be calling him PE teacher but he is not good enough. Pretty much every single game Hassenhuttl has outclassed him(except 9-1) whenever we played Southampton but luckily, our quality has gotten us through

Just compare him with Klopp, Tuchel, Pep - is he on that level ? No, we are trying to the best of the rest which is Rodgers, Nuno, Moyes, Arteta .

Now, is that good enough? Think and reply.

Longshanks

Harsh as this may sound and Ole inners won't like it but only need to look at Chelsea for the benefit of building a team then having the nerve to make that change and getting in the right manager to take us forward
Lampard had failed though, sitting 9th in the league and 5 defeats in 8 league games was enough to deem him a failure and Chelsea wielded the axe.

Now Ole has been close once or twice in past seasons to also being deemed a failure but as it stands at the moment he hasn't failed. He has done enough so far but obviously we must keep progressing.

Todays performance and result was poor but guess what those sort of results and performance will still happen whoever is in charge. So let's at least let the season get going and see where we are after 10 games before we decide that Ole has failed to deliver.

siw2007

It is a make or break season for Ole, he has assembled a very talented group of players and he does need to be challenging for the title this season.

However, I would much rather see how the season pans out first before I make up my mind on him. Today wasn’t good, we need to be doing better but it if we improve over the next few games then the picture looks better.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I feel ya bud. I do.

I’m learning not to let the idiot section of our fanbase upset me too much, it’s hard though becuase they compound a loss or a draw and make it that much more frustrating.
Not only that it makes the loss seem much worse than it actually is.

The Caf is a monumentally depressing place to be honest. I prefer r/reddevils over this nowadays. This is from someone who joined in 2014 and started reading from 2011.
100% even when we win, there's some excuse for us winning the game.

Dramatic much? :lol:
Much like 99% of this forum when we lose/draw

Josep Dowling

That’s because 3 times Pep has absolutely smashed the league, and last season they had a really bad start and still ended up winning the league by a huge margin.

There is no chance we will win the league with Ole. He makes too many bad decisions to make us contenders.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As ive got older I’ve gotten more indifferent to poor performances. When I was a kid/teen it would ruin my week when we played shit. Nowadays I’m pissed for about an hour & then just get on with my day.

LoneStar

Are you serious? Man City have won 3 of the last 5 titles. Of course they'll get the benefit of the doubt.

I'm still on the fence with Ole. But if we are out of the title race by Dec, or get knocked out of the CL group stages, he needs to go.

Cathy Ferguson

1 point in the second round counts as much as 1 point in the 38th. It's the managers responsibility to keep the team performing throughout.

I'm not saying we're doomed but that display didn't fill anyone with confidence. We should've had 3 points and that's that.
The final 30 min were horrendous. Several sloppy passes which resulted in us losing our momentum. We never really threatened and Ole did nothing to gain midfield authority.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’m mad and upset that the yellow shorts aren’t the default for the 3rd kit. It works so well.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
The 20 times Champions are level on points with Brentford. Spent over £110m on two players , one sat in the bench and the deemed not fit enough. Martial hasn’t put in a shift for two years yet Ole continues to give him chances. Fred isn’t consistent enough, Matic is over the hill. That team would have been battered by a top four team. I’m still convinced Ole was hired because he is cheap compared to the likes of Guardiola, Klopp and Tuchel. In the world of commerce, pension finds and investors look at the management team leading companies before they commit money to them. So it should be with United.
We're one point ahead of champions City by the same measure.

wolvored

De Gea
Varane
Maguire
Shaw
Bruno
Pogba
Sancho

Why you quoted me? Ole has said he wants to play the Fergie way..Then doesnt. Fergie would have gone for broke in that game after the equalizer. I dont think he would have started Matic and Fred together either. He would have had Verane and Sancho on from the start as well, especially after paying so much for them combined. I also havent called for his sacking. I get your an Ole fan boy, but you got to also see his faults.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Why you quoted me? Ole has said he wants to play the Fergie way..Then doesnt. Fergie would have gone for broke in that game after the equalizer. I dont think he would have started Matic and Fred together either. I also havent called for his sacking.
Because Ole has never said that he wants to emulate or be "the next Fergie" if anything, he wants to play the "United Way"