I'm mad and upset.......

DeGea

I would love Ole to succeed here, for sentimental reasons as well.

The issue is, if Pep had our squad he would have won that game and probably would win the title. Ok let’s not use Pep as an example as he is unique, let’s use Tuchel. If Tuchel had our squad he probably would have won that bloody final vs Villarreal last season.

Can Ole win the Champions League with Chelsea’s squad last season or the title with City’s squad?

I am not so sure…

I rest my case.

wolvored

Imagine getting this mad and upset just from what other strangers on the internet post online... Dude, just close your laptop/phone, go have a beer, go for a run, put on a movie, do whatever makes you chill for feck sake...
:lol: Brill

Sparky Rhiwabon

We are building a good squad - albeit as we all know, the central midfield is yet to be addressed. But then I wonder how good we could be with this squad and a top class manager in charge of it. Like I could buy the best ingredients available but I'd rather Gordon Ramsey be making my meals than Ainsley Harriott

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m not drawing any conclusions yet but let’s get one thing clear, none of the feelings people have about Ole the manager are based off two games this season.

joobier

People are reactive and ridiculous but I can't shake that feeling that whilst Ole has done some excellent work bringing the tradition and feeling back to the club that he isn't the guy to take us on the final step.
This is how I feel. I really like Ole and I think he has down wonderful things at the club. You can tell that the whole feeling at the club is a million miles away from where it was when he inherited it.

Our football has been generally positive, the team is positive and there is a sense of being on the cusp of something great but I don’t know if he is the man to achieve it. I really do hope I’m wrong because I would genuinely love it if he is the man to do it but I’m just not sure.

I have written him off before though and he has won me around or proven me wrong even. His achievements at the club to date can’t be underestimated so I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt based on the success he has had at turning club into a positive, ambitious team again

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Putting your own spin on things again where have I said he wants to be Fergie?
Heres one link
In that link he says:

"If I manage again in a different country, my team is going to be solid, but I can never stray away from the way I want my teams to play football – with creativity and imagination, just as I learned under Sir Alex Ferguson" ;

Ok fair enough. But that's simply the "United Way' not the Fergie Way. Besides we're arguing about a moot point here, the point remains that you said he thinks he is the 2nd Fergie, which I'm sure Ole doesn't think that, as he is his own man and wants to play things his way. Play things the United Way with his own spin on things.

Thats why we will never win anything with Ole in charge. He thinks he is the 2nd Fergie, when really they are polar opposites.
Right there.

"He thinks he is the 2nd Fergie"

So in effect, you are saying that he wants to be Fergie.....the 2nd Fergie.

Water Melon

Ole will not win the prem. We will not be in a serious title race. I expect us to be 10+ points below the table leaders on January 1, 2022. Hopefully, I am mistaken and will be eating my huge humble pie come June.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
So the love that Ole and the club got for a great window and a fantastic opening game of the season has now ended .....

It's always one way or the other. Hot or Cold.
I'm confused. Are you upset because OF the OTT euphoria of the Leeds result or the OTT doom of the Southampton result? Because they go hand in hand.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We are building a good squad - albeit as we all know, the central midfield is yet to be addressed. But then I wonder how good we could be with this squad and a top class manager in charge of it. Like I could buy the best ingredients available but I'd rather Gordon Ramsey be making my meals than Ainsley Harriott
Still behind the squads who don't have a glaring weakness in central midfield and are just as strong elsewhere.

wolvored

In that link he says:

"If I manage again in a different country, my team is going to be solid, but I can never stray away from the way I want my teams to play football – with creativity and imagination, just as I learned under Sir Alex Ferguson" ;

Ok fair enough. But that's simply the "United Way' not the Fergie Way. Besides we're arguing about a moot point here, the point remains that you said he thinks he is the 2nd Fergie, which I'm sure Ole doesn't think that, as he is his own man and wants to play things his way. Play things the United Way with his own spin on things.

Right there.

"He thinks he is the 2nd Fergie"

So in effect, you are saying that he wants to be Fergie.....the 2nd Fergie.
Sorry I have been drining and didnt notice this when I read back. However I think he does. I think he thinks he can morph into a second Fergie , but is too risk aversive to do this. The 4-2-3-1 when he talked up the 4-3-3 and adapting to this during the close season. Playing Matic and not VDB, when he clearly wasnt up to it, but left him on for 85 mins of the game. Not starting Sancho or Verane after paying a fortune for them. Could you see Fergie doing this?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Still behind the squads who don't have a glaring weakness in central midfield and are just as strong elsewhere.
Oh god yeah, that’s why I said “building” - Chelsea’s midfield (Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Mount) is light years ahead of ours and of course they have Gordon Ramsey cooking

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I'm confused. Are you upset because OF the OTT euphoria of the Leeds result or the OTT doom of the Southampton result? Because they go hand in hand.
A little bit of both. One week we're all happy and excited, the next it's down in the dumps, we're shite, everyone else is better than us. The comparisons come out etc etc.

It's 10x as worse when we lose than when we win mind you. This forum never gives Ole enough credit when we win. Nor the team for that matter. It's always apparent, look at the Ole performance thread, goes up by 2 pages when we win. When we lose, that thread can see, almost guaranteed now, to go up by 10-15pages before the end of the night.

We can never seem to take each game as it comes. Enjoy the win for what it is but not get carried away, but we shouldn't wallow in the loss and get carried away either.

It's ridiculous.

RedSinha

The issue is, if Pep had our squad he would have won that game and probably would win the title. Ok let’s not use Pep as an example as he is unique, let’s use Tuchel. If Tuchel had our squad he probably would have won that bloody final vs Villarreal last season.

Can Ole win the Champions League with Chelsea’s squad last season or the title with City’s squad?

I am not so sure…

I rest my case.
Your case has no evidence backing it. Please ask it to unrest itself.

Jev

Personally, I'm so sick of reading about all the players that are 'shit'. Do these posters just have such a limited vocabulary/intelligence that they're incapable of expressing any nuances between 'shit' and 'world-class'? It drags the discussions down to kindergarten level.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's 10x as worse when we lose than when we win mind you.
I'd say it's equally stupid when we win tbh - just a different group of idiots.

What everyone misses is any answer to the question of why are we so inconsistent? Personally I think it lies in the system of football we have chosen to play, not the players.

Andersons Dietician

....and the best one of the lot....somehow Ole THINKS he's the 2nd coming of Fergie......now ridiculous. Not even going to give it the time of day because it's that stupid of a post.
Not gonna give it the time of day but makes a new thread based around it :lol:

RedDevil@84

Although not as bad as Europa finals where Ole's brain freeze cost us the trophy, this was yet another example of Ole's in-game confusion. He seems to have no plan B when the team he sent out is not working as expected. So he waits and waits and does something which doesn't make much sense.

Though I don't agree to the hyperbole from many posters here. But it is not a surprise. The same hyperbole is there when people post about Lindelof, Maguire, Pogba etc etc. That is how the forum is many a time.

E-mal

Man City had a DIRE performance against Spurs....yet people still would say they're favourites.

We had an amazing game against Leeds and an average one today. Where's the difference?

Oh yes this forum gives City more love than they do for their own club.
Perhaps because they have a reputation for winning and are not clueless with the basic things a big team should know how to do?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
We should have won today, not on Ole today at all.

Just amuses me how many people feel they know more than a UEFA Pro licensed coach, absolutely hilarious.

People can have their opinions, but when it comes to an opinion of 'we are never going to win anything under Ole' when it's based on nothing other than personal feelings then I think people should just stay quiet.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Just take solace that these probably aren't intelligent people

Saw a lot of people say that we haven't improved from last season... Hopefully they realise that the same team started the game today as last season
Is it impossible to improve as a team with the same players mr.intelligent?

tjb

And what do games like our several wins vs City, Chelsea, PSG, Leipzig, Tottenham, etc. show? He's pulled off a lot of tactical masterclasses against managers that are widely regarded as vastly superior to him

Or the fact that we rarely lose games

Or the fact that we are unbeaten away from home in 27 PL games

Or the fact that he's built a top 5 squad in the world from a team that was barely PL top 6 quality IN 2 SUMMERS?

Or the fact that we finished 2nd last year and we even led the league for 2-3 weeks after an abysmal transfer window and start to the season, and people in September were certain that we had no chance at top 4 and were sure that Pochettino would be coming soon after we went 0-1 down at Everton?

Or the fact that Shaw, Fred revived their United careers under him, with the former going from laughing stock to becoming the best left-back in the world, McTominay became a very good and imporant player? Rashford and Martial also had their career-best seasons under him in 19/20.

I guess he just got lucky with Fernandes too...and the "overpriced" Maguire that's a top5 CB in the world? Do you think Mason Greenwood would be a 100 million player at 19 years of age under any other manager? He also got the best out of Pogba by putting him on the left...if Guardiola or Klopp did that with a player we would never hear the end of it on this fecking forum.

He got it wrong today with giving Martial a chance, but we still would've won if McTominay didn't get injured. But let me tell you one thing: even Klopp, Guardiola, etc. get it wrong sometimes. Ole doesn't get it wrong a whole lot more often than them. All these things I mentioned won't fit your media and Twitter driven agenda, though, so you'll just dismiss it or even think it's ridiculous.
I think he got it wrong with Martial but I don't think the idea of him selecting outside the obvious first choice is off. This is part of rotation.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
To be fair. I think people are entitled to have a negative opinion on Ole.

I'd love for him to succeed here, but in my opinion, I honestly don't think he has what it takes.
I think Tuchel coming in, taking over a Chelsea team that was hit and miss and making them a very much, 'hit' proves what having a top manager can do.

I look at our side and I think it's full of talent, throughout the pitch, but a lot of our play on the pitch just doesn't match.
That surely is down to the manager.

Today we got pressed and pressed, and we struggled with it so much. It was a constant threat and we didn't change a thing.

I think Ole has had some massive ups and some even bigger downs.
The squad we have should definitely push close to the title, but I think we'll end up getting top 4 in a comfortable manner, but still way off the league winning pace.
I just don't think he can get the most out of this set of players.
He's been here 2 and a bit years, won nothing and hasn't had a title challenge.

That being said. I've laid off him for quite a while.. I accept he is here and I will get behind him for that reason, but I do think we're a better side that what he will ultimately achieve with us

E-mal

We should have won today, not on Ole today at all.

Just amuses me how many people feel they know more than a UEFA Pro licensed coach, absolutely hilarious.

People can have their opinions, but when it comes to an opinion of 'we are never going to win anything under Ole' when it's based on nothing other than personal feelings then I think people should just stay quiet.
Feelings or facts?
Facts are that he stumbled when he was the overwhelming favourite in the Europa final.
Fact is he hasn't won anything of note as a coach , (and Norwegian kick about doesnt count).
Facts are there that the way he sets up his team has been flawed to even the naked eye.
I sound like Benitez talking about FACTS!

Hectic

Supports
30fps
As ive got older I’ve gotten more indifferent to poor performances. When I was a kid/teen it would ruin my week when we played shit. Nowadays I’m pissed for about an hour & then just get on with my day.
Haven't you made like 5 million threads/posts going on about the manager and our performances?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Oh god yeah, that’s why I said “building” - Chelsea’s midfield (Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Mount) is light years ahead of ours and of course they have Gordon Ramsey cooking
Not being funny but Kanye was being written off at the beginning of last season, Jorginho was a joke even on here, and the other two were nothing either till the second half of last season. The difference a top manager can make eh!

To be fair, we have Bruno, Pogba, Van de Beek, McTominay, Fred and Lingard to count as midfielders. I genuinely don't think we're as hard up as people make out. I just see glaring issues with the way we set up and that midfield functions. Had Tuchel took over here, there'd be a Chelsea fan comparing our midfield favourably because he would 100% make it work. He's tactically very astute.

FatTails

Personally, I'm so sick of reading about all the players that are 'shit'. Do these posters just have such a limited vocabulary/intelligence that they're incapable of expressing any nuances between 'shit' and 'world-class'? It drags the discussions down to kindergarten level.
If you are looking for nuance on the internet, especially in 2021, I’m afraid you won’t find any.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Sorry to hear about your emotional struggles. Get an Ole plush and go to sleep with it by singing 'Ole's at the wheel'.

It won't help with regard to us being woefully coached and not winning a trophy for 5 years but then again neither does this thread.

hobbers

Matic was on the pitch for 86 minutes.

They'll be puzzling over that one for centuries.

justsomebloke

[

So the love that Ole and the club got for a great window and a fantastic opening game of the season has now ended in doom and gloom and we're shite and we're all gonna get relegated and we're going to win nothing. Why? Because of a draw.

Here come the PE teacher comments....yawn....

....and the best one of the lot....somehow Ole THINKS he's the 2nd coming of Fergie......now ridiculous. Not even going to give it the time of day because it's that stupid of a post.

This forum will never be happy. It's always one way or the other. Hot or Cold. Why is everything so shite with Ole? Like why is it when we draw, it's simply just a draw. It's always the end of the world.

I'm fecking frustrated that every time this happens we always:
  • Want to flirt with another manager.
  • Want Ole to get the sack.
  • Call all of our players shite.
  • Give Ole a stupid "if he hasn't done x by x he should go" time frame.
  • Disregard everything that he's done good, because of 1 draw.

It's the 2nd game of the season for fecks sake!

Just tell me why. Just one reasonable reason. Why that when we don't pummel a "lower table" team 5-0 (like this forum expects week in week out) that Ole should get the sack.

We now have a World Class team and that STILL isn't good enough for you.

De Gea
Varane
Maguire
Shaw
Bruno
Pogba
Sancho

That's A LOT of the first team and you would undoubtedly see someone say oh (One of those players above) is absolute dross and should be sold.

I'm so frustrated at our fanbase. Be upset that we drew yes. But don't be so frustrated after every time we don't win you call for a sacking.
I know how you feel and I agree, but I wouldn't confuse them with our fanbase. Twitter is saner than the comments sections, this is place is saner than Twitter, and the real world is altogether saner than this place.

Love how some random people behind a keyboard think they are a world class manager who can do a better job. :lol:
"Well I have some thoughts about today's game but I think it would be wrong of me to comment as I haven't got my UEFA badges"

"I have an opinion about how Martial played today, but I don't feel it's my place to share as I'm not a professional footballer and he is"

What do you people want from a discussion forum?

Crashoutcassius

Most irritating part of today is all the posters acting like babies over martials first game in however many months. Within ten mins all the toys went out the pram. Martial needs to play his way into form, our only other striker is 34

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

I am not so sure…

I rest my case.
Why are you assuming that when Tuchel pretty much lost Ligue 1 with PSG before he got fired? Tuchel came into another situation and had a lot of luck go his way as well. Tuchel is a brilliant tactician but he's not necessarily a great manager in all that it encompasses. He usually overstays his welcome and almost always gets himself to leave on the wrong note with the higher ups of his club.

I just think it's really a case of the grass always being greener elsewhere than actual facts to say if Tuchel was here things would be different.