I'm not worried we wont challenge for the title.....i'm worried we wont make top 4!

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
The scary part is that we have played clubs like Sunderland, Newcastle , Bournemouth and Norwich recently who are all proper relegation candidates, and if you a were a visitor from space on matchday, you'd be hard pressed to identify which one was United (the 20 time English champions and a European footballing giant)

When we play them, we really look like we are at their level.

We arent in the top 4, and based on our perfomances, we dont really belong there.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I said earlier in the season that I could see us fighting for 6th or 7th. Nothing has happened to change my mind

cyberman

Still 40 mins to play at The Emirates so its a big if but if the score stays the same a win in our next league game takes us to within 3 points of the top 4..even a draw today would leave it at 4.
Its not as if were 15 points behind here. The fact LVG thinks he cant manage this is a disgrace and he still thinks he should not resign?
I simply do not understand this mindset. If we were in this position off the top spot people would say we were right in the middle of the title race.

WyoManU

We are so far off the standard of the teams above us it is humbling. I've been saying most of this season that we look a 7th place side and that is where we are headed. Our squad is nowhere near good enough to crack into the top 4. We don't have good enough players, a motivational manager or anything resembling technical ability or guile to mount a challenge. A lot of people say we aren't going to do a Pool. I reckon we already have on some level. 3 seasons of pure garbage with no end in sight. The board won't make the easiest of decisions to sack LVG, seemingly hopeful that things will somehow magically return to the good old days. Shocking how poor of a club we are when you consider the vast resources available to us. How many seasons of us playing like this until we have to concede that we 'Pooled?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Still 40 mins to play at The Emirates so its a big if but if the score stays the same a win in our next league game takes us to within 3 points of the top 4..even a draw today would leave it at 4.
Its not as if were 15 points behind here.
Mate you need to be realistic.
We are 6 points behind MCFC, and MCFC will play later today.
The gap between us and 4th place will increase as we progress through the season.
This season is a write-off.
Fans need start accepting this.

cyberman

Mate you need to be realistic.
We are 6 points behind MCFC, and MCFC will play later today.
The gap between us and 4th place will increase as we progress through the season.
This season is a write-off.
Fans need start accepting this.
I do but theres 11(?) games to play while we still plag each of the teams above us. Its not as if its out of our hands here.
Thats why LVG has to go. Hes telling us he cannot do his job.
The top sides have been inconsistent all year yet now we expect all 4 to not go on a bad run?
It will be criminal if Leicester go on a bad run for a few games and were not there to close the gap. Especially when they still have to come to OT.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I do but theres 11(?) games to play while we still plag each of the teams above us. Its not as if its out of our hands here.
Thats why LVG has to go. Hes telling us he cannot do his job.
The top sides have been inconsistent all year yet now we expect all 4 to not go on a bad run?
It will be criminal if Leicester go on a bad run for a few games and were not there to close the gap. Especially when they still have to come to OT.
Tbh im expecting 4 losses against 4 teams above us.