I'm sorry Ole

Ace of Spades

First decent match against a team that we aren't miles better than in a while and we get this shite :lol:
Yeah, that is just not true. We have had many good matches against top teams, the teams we have struggled against are the bottom ones.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think Fergie has only beaten Pep once or maybe twice.
But ole has beated Pep three times in one season already.
Upside down world we live in.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Apologies are all good and that, lets hope all of you don't turn on him the next time, our current inconsistent team loses.

We are on the way up. Please, just enjoy the ride and back our manager.

Kopral Jono

Bruno has been the catalyst to our recent good run. But to be fair to Ole, he's been making better subs and that's a concrete step in the right direction.

Falcow

Oh I don't doubt we won't hear a peep Raiola now
This is perhaps what pleases me most. Go fcuk yourself you fat fcuk.

Same to the poster in a previous match day thread who called ole a "gollum faced prick" after/during the Watford game.

Thepinhead

Apologies are all good and that, lets hope all of you don't turn on him the next time, our current inconsistent team loses.

This!

Even at our worst it was clear the players never doubted Ole so I always had my hopes. Even though we lose games and don't always play the best of football I just never felt ashamed of being a United fan under Ole as I sometimes did under Moyes, LVG and Mourinho. So I really enjoy following the team at the moment.

peridigm

Prat. Standard knee jerk thread.
I agree. I've been Ole in since he took over. You feckers changing your attitude now are just glory hunters. :devil:

It is frustrating though that we can't beat a team like Everton or Burnley but I'm happy to see Ole keep the job and building the squad he wants to build.
Let's win against Spurs so we can have the league double on 3 of the top 6.

Heardy

Too reactionary. We need to reflect at the start of the Summer. 90% of you were baying for blood a few weeks/months ago.

Don’t get me wrong, I wanna see Ole do well I really do. But if our form turns again and we miss out on 4th, you’ll all be calling for Poch again.

There's a difference between say losing one in 6 PL games in fairness. If we go back to winning 1 in 3 for months, of course people will turn.

I doubt it'll happen now though, we just look a better more balanced side all round.

tonnas

too early... we are still out of the top 4 and only thanks to bruno we re doing much better. has Ole improved? Yes I think so, but I still believe with the ''perfect'' we will just be a 3rd/4th team under his guidance.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Too reactionary. We need to reflect at the start of the Summer. 90% of you were baying for blood a few weeks/months ago.

Don’t get me wrong, I wanna see Ole do well I really do. But if our form turns again and we miss out on 4th, you’ll all be calling for Poch again.
Wrong. Here are 29% of us who never called for Poch or whoever instead of Ole. And we had a fair share of abuse. Now is our turn. Just kidding :)

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I'm not in the 'Ole in' camp still. I think he's a really good counter attacking manager. And, just as he did as a player, he brings great highs despite not being the most talented in his position.

He's plucky and is really good at connecting with the players. He has them smiling and United as a group.

But I still think Utd could do better as a manager, with the massive resources available, a lot better in fact.

So I wouldn't say 'sorry' for thinking that, and I think Ole still has a lot to offer this current crop of players.

SteveW

What a defense he's put together. Barring De Gea's feck up we've hardly conceded in feckjng ages. AWB and Maguire were great additions. Both Shaw and Lindelof have come on a pile. Even Bailly is starting to look like slightly less of a liability.

He said he was going to start by getting a solid defence. Took him half a season to have us defending better than any team around. They've even sorted out the set pieces. Hugely impressive.

Lynty

Although I've supported him from day 1 (maybe a little over zealously at times) I must admit that I wavered after the Bournemouth defeat - where we truly looked abysmal and I was starting to get embarrassed defending his tactics.

I started to think, maybe we should just let him end the season and look elsewhere. Last couple of months has put me back on the Ole bandwagon

RORY65

I was never in the Ole Out camp, I felt he needed at least until the end of this season and that he had done a lot of good things although he got some other things wrong, but I felt the home leg in the semi final against City was so bad that he would struggle to turn it round from there. He deserves a lot of credit for the way the team has responded since the break and the Fernandes signing has clearly lifted the club. That was a really good performance we produced today, of course it would be lovely to be able to take City on in terms of keeping the ball but given their quality and where we are that was a really well organised performance with genuine heart and menace about us. I still doubt he is the man to take us back to the very top but I'm excited to see how he can continue to take this team forward now.

humdinger

I’m really enjoying the results against big teams but we’re still pretty poor against lesser teams. I’m still not convinced he’ll be able to get us top 4 but I’ll be absolutely delighted if he proves me wrong.

Aarron Swift

The squad transition is going very well when compared to December 2018, players in, players out and youth players promoted wise. We look far less of a Frankenstein squad made up of players from 4 different managers with 4 different styles.

Our season will be judged in May. If we make Top 4 along with good runs in Europa & FA Cup (maybe winning 1) - it’ll be difficult to look at the whole situation at United and say he’s done a bad job.

If we drop off and don’t qualify for Champions Leagues, go out of the cups with a whimper. We’ll look back at this last 6 weeks as the 2nd purple patch of Ole’s reign and would only be right to as the question of Ole’s reign....especially given the platform & opportunity we’ve given ourselves for Top 4 now.

It’s no use decide any of this right now, I am very optimistic about the season now though. Hopefully a nice result and the chance to rest key players Vs LASK this Thursday followed by a win over Spurs next season & then our season would really be on

I’m really enjoying the results against big teams but we’re still pretty poor against lesser teams.
Since the January window we've twatted Brugge, Derby, Watford... so maybe we're not "still pretty poor against lesser teams". After Spurs we've a bunch of very winnable games so we'll know more after that.

As Aaron says above, our season and our progress will rightfully be judged in May.

ReddBalls

too early... we are still out of the top 4 and only thanks to bruno we re doing much better. has Ole improved? Yes I think so, but I still believe with the ''perfect'' we will just be a 3rd/4th team under his guidance.
I'm not sure he improved that much. He just got the right player in his number 10 position instead of Pereira/Lingard. And he's getting players back from injury. It was great seeing three viable options coming off the bench today (Bailly, McTominay, Ighalo). United haven't had that kind of quality coming from the bench all year.

arthurka

I defended him a lot here but had a moment of doubt in January.. I am so sorry Ole That I ever doubted you. We would be some team with a full squad available.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I defended him a lot here but had a moment of doubt in January.. I am so sorry Ole That I ever doubted you. We would be some team with a full squad available.
We've all doubted him at one point or another over the season, anyone that says otherwise isn't being honest. I've been In and Out more times than I can remember.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Completely dropping Jesse and Andreas gives me hope for the future eternally. He will never tolerate mediocrity and that's all I can ask for.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Some people doesn’t learn. It is like we haven’t had a good run before.

As I stated, Ole reminds me of Di Matteo. He is doing decent because he has a good squad. But decent won’t get us back on top, we need an extraordinarily manager for that and either Pochettino or Nagelsman are those managers. False dawns don’t block my perspective

DRM

I still want us to put the lower teams away. Too many 1-1 draws (like at Everton last week). I think we have brighton and b'mouth coming up soon, lets see how we fare against them.

Castia

Fair play to him, he’s got a player he wanted (Bruno) and since then his tactics and everything look much better. It’s actually a tragedy not signing him back in the summer we’d be in third now comfortably in the CL spots.

My biggest worry is at times we looked clueless and I was blaming Ole, maybe he was doing the best he possibly could whilst relying on Lingard and Pereira they’re both that fecking bad.

LJJT

I’ve never doubted him. Where’s all the wankers saying the players have no coaching? Absolutely made up for OGS, he deserves all the credit possible he’s turning us back in to a great team with players with great attitude and ability

Dr. StrangeHate

Wait till the end of the season to make an informed decision. Few good matches and people throw their toys out of the pram forgetting we already had one good set of results under Ole and then a year of shit.
Let's see if Ole can match what Jose or even LVG did before making your mind up. Although we definitely are going in the right direction.

Castia

As I stated, Ole reminds me of Di Matteo. He is doing decent because he has a good squad. But decent won’t get us back on top, we need an extraordinarily manager for that and either Pochettino or Nagelsman are those managers. False dawns don’t block my perspective
Could very well be true and I’ve been Ole out for months but to be fair he’s got his players in and they are all heading in the right direction, we looked clueless at times but now with Bruno playing everything is starting to take shape.

If he gets top 4 he deserves another season and I’ll be willing to back him because the improvement is there to see. Dare I say it I’m excited to see Pogba and Rashford added to this current setup then maybe 2-3 further signings in the summer and we could be set to challenge.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I was far too pre-mature in some scathing evaluations of him. Long may this upturn continue.

ManUArfa

He's brought the spirit and winning mentality back and, win or lose, the football has been more entertaining than it has for years (even SAF's final team of 1-0 winners). LVG's brand was a low point when I frequently would drop off in front of the TV and Mou's brand was just miserable.

With a few more signings of players with the right mindset and the younger players developing further we can be an annual title contender yet again.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
The man's doing well, and after a bad run of form we've done excellent the last few months. Several wins v City this season now, Fernandes is a MEGA SIGNING and we've now got the foundations to go on and build something special.

Feck Poch. Ole's the man.
Amen, brother!

ThinkTank@Cafe

you badly want him to fail, don’t you? There’s nothing common between Ole and Di Matteo in terms of team building.