In 2019 the club briefed it could take 3 years to become competitive. 3 years later it seems another 5 years have been added.

Tarrou

I mean they're not wrong. It will take ages. That doesn't mean it will happen though, and it probably won't.

Seij

(5 years later, in 2027)

"The feeling at senior levels of #mufc is that even with an immediate recruitment policy overhaul it could take up to five years for the club to challenge again for the Premier League and the Champions League."

Murtough resigns. Fletcher becomes the new DOF. Scott McTominay retires and becomes the technical director the same summer.

hobbers

Woodward said 3 years in 2019 because he was planning on leaving the job in 2022.

Murtough wants 5 years milking it and then he'll go and football directing prodigy Darren Fletcher will step in.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
They know this because that's how long it took the last time they did it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It’s like the scene in Snatch when Turkish keeps asking the guy cooking sausages how long it will be.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Woodward said 3 years in 2019 because he was planning on leaving the job in 2022.

Murtough wants 5 years milking it and then he'll go and football directing prodigy Darren Fletcher will step in.
Fletcher is used to be promoted every couple of months. In 5 years time he would be CEO

Castia

I’m sure I’ve heard this ever since LvG was appointed.

We’re always 5 years behind.

AndySmith1990

Wouldn't take a blind bit of notice what the club brief. Pay attention to action, not their empty promises

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's a few annoying things on the cafe.

Insistence on increasing players ages to moan about them.
The whole stock market / shirt sales myths

But this "briefing" nonsense is up there.

Green Yellow Red

We can all address what needs to change for United to get back to winning ways but it’s exactly that, “for us to get back to winning ways” if that’s the direction the club wants to go in. This isn’t the aim for the club anymore though sadly it’s a commercial club and it’s only goal is steady income and increasing revenue. For things to change at United we would have to get rid of the owners and hope we are bought by someone who has the desire to invest and see us at the top. To do that the entire fan base would have to turn on the Glazers and I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Would it not be the case that under Ole it was three years, yet because we have had two managers since, it will be longer?

lex talionis

Taken from Sky Sports. Didn't even notice from where I was getting this - I do loathe that guy though.
Goldbridge tends to make up shit like “major blow” if one of our targets is linked to another club. He’s an entertainer and is not siesta wrong, but he’s a WUM artist at heart.

Lee565

He was not perfect at all but we would be far better off as a club in this moment in time had we stuck by van gaal as there was a genuine plan and style that he was trying to develop. We have been winging it since mourinho took over, followed by ole.

I’m loving my life

PR is a big part of the club’s vision.

It seems we have got better at PR in the last 3 years, improving our 3 year window of bullshit to 5.

Great work, Arnold

the_cliff

Well considering if we do a league table of the last 20 games we'd be 19th then I'm not surprised.

With our investment strategy It may actually take 5 years to get into Europe, never mind challenge