India politics thread

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Govt lies keeps piling up.

Three days after clashes in the Galwan Valley of Ladakh left 20 Indian soldiers dead, the Chinese on Thursday evening released 10 Indian Army personnel, including a Lieutenant Colonel and three Majors, from their custody.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Goebbels Shah is a busy man tbf. He's got his hands full in quelling dissenting voices, buying MLAs etc. And what's the point in protecting some barren square kilometres of land anyway? Even if the Chinese camp up and build stuff, our maps still show all that land as ours :wenger:
So this is what he was busy with

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Everyone is genius in hindsight. If Army had fired and there was a casualty of much higher number, same people would have been crying about breaking the protocol. China hasn't released the number of casualty and it's quite clear Indians didn't expect iron rods with spike. I mean who would imagine Army of any country would stoop so low.

Imagine Army following protocol! They should learn from brave journalist what to do.
That's how a healthy democracy works.

The BJP loves to play the chest thumping nationalism just like any right wing government does (Modi is very similar to Trump in most ways really), however the army is not beyond reproach and critiquing them is not outside anyone's perview.

If we want to become a more transparent nation then we don't need to put any institution on such a high padestal that they can't be judged or criticised by the common man /journalist /whoever. That applies for the Supreme court too. Sadly we are headed in the exact opposite direction.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I’m really surprised. I thought modi hindutvta awakenings was meant to deliver Indian omnipotence.

And yet his soldiers aren’t even allowed to shoot when getting shot at and killed with sticks and bats.

How is this going down with modi cow belt base?

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Don't miss our next episode of how Rahul Gandhi, his mummy, and Congress have been cheating the country, making deals with Pakistan and China.
They are bursting fircrackers to celebrate in Pakistan.
If Laloo becomes Bihar CM, of course, not right now, why do you ask.

Member 60376

I’m really surprised. I thought modi hindutvta awakenings was meant to deliver Indian omnipotence.

And yet his soldiers aren’t even allowed to shoot when getting shot at and killed with sticks and bats.

How is this going down with modi cow belt base?
You do know that not carrying weapons is part of the 1996 agreement?

Genuine question do you not tire baiting Indian posters on here? You spend an inordinately high amount of time in trying to get reactions.

Look at fellow Bengali posters like @RedTiger and try to be more like him perhaps instead of always coming in with an agenda.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Genuine question do you not tire baiting Indian posters on here? You spend an inordinately high amount of time in trying to get reactions.

Look at fellow Bengali posters like @RedTiger and try to be more like him perhaps instead of always coming in with an agenda.
Whom am I baiting :confused: Just because you don’t like a POV doesn’t mean I have an agenda. Last what’s wrong with having an agenda anyway?

Ps: I didn’t know but was also responding to a tweet above questioning such.

Pps: are you a modi supporter? If so, oops, yeah I was baiting.

Last edited:

MDFC Manager

Govt lies keeps piling up.

Journalists are lying. Jaishankar, and the rest of the crew are the only ones who are telling the truth :wenger:

We had 10 of ours under captivity, 20 dead, many more injured. It's quite clear this was a huge confrontation, yet we should believe that our soldiers were armed? :lol: Bhakts may be that stupid to believe it, thankfully some of us aren't.

Member 60376

Whom am I baiting :confused: Just because you don’t like a POV doesn’t mean I have an agenda. Last what’s wrong with having an agenda anyway?

Ps: I didn’t know but was also responding to a tweet above questioning such.

Pps: are you a modi supporter? If so, oops, yeah I was baiting.
Having an agenda is not bad in itself. It's just tiring when everything gets tied to that agenda.

And no am not. However that's not the point. The unarmed thing is based on existing bilateral agreements to prevent accidental escalations. Now of course the rules of engagement are forever changed. So taking a potshot at Modi for this in particular is a stretch.

However do feel free to blame the government for inaction and a hesitant response, that is surely justified looking at how backed into a corner we are.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Really good story

One day they will kill us all and it will be deserved.
(Also she said she used to make 300 a week before lockdown, that puts her over our wonderfl poverty line)

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Usha too has gone back to her original patch under the flyover, across the road from the Gariahat police station. Twice, she says, a policeman came and kicked their pots over when they were cooking. He confiscated the dry rations distributed by some people. He has also taken away her tricycle cart, on which she stored clothes and bedding. “He told us to go back to our homes, wherever we came from. We told him that if we had homes we wouldn’t be living on the streets,” said Usha.

burn it all down.

Member 60376

Sorry but burn what down? The Gariahat flyover? I used to travel occasionally over it so that would be somewhat of an inconvenience.

MDFC Manager

Having an agenda is not bad in itself. It's just tiring when everything gets tied to that agenda.

And no am not. However that's not the point. The unarmed thing is based on existing bilateral agreements to prevent accidental escalations. Now of course the rules of engagement are forever changed. So taking a potshot at Modi for this in particular is a stretch.

However do feel free to blame the government for inaction and a hesitant response, that is surely justified looking at how backed into a corner we are.
Why is the government lying though? I mean that our soldiers were armed?

Member 60376

Why is the government lying though? I mean that our soldiers were armed?
Beats me, clearly they were unarmed in the first round when some soldiers were thrown off into the Galwan river gorge and the C/O grievously injured.

Apparently they went back and the skirmish happened with both sides armed with clubs and such. This is when majority of the deaths happened.

Its all creative language at this point but the ground situation is overwhelmingly against us.

Zlatattack

Usha too has gone back to her original patch under the flyover, across the road from the Gariahat police station. Twice, she says, a policeman came and kicked their pots over when they were cooking. He confiscated the dry rations distributed by some people. He has also taken away her tricycle cart, on which she stored clothes and bedding. “He told us to go back to our homes, wherever we came from. We told him that if we had homes we wouldn’t be living on the streets,” said Usha.

burn it all down.
Is there some sort of test where you have to be a complete scumbag to become a police officer? It must be an international qualification.

MDFC Manager

It's pretty simple in my view. Rahul Gandhi asked the "why unarmed?" question. Obviously he must be put down, even if requires public lying. Hell, bjp even organized a press conference to this end :lol:

Most people will take the lies as truth pretty blindly, additionally Rahul Gandhi gets portrayed as a liar/uninformed. The closet bjp supporters will bring out the now pretty cringeworthy "there is no alternative to Rahul Gandhi".

This strategy will keep winning elections for them, who cares if the country goes to the dogs.

MDFC Manager

The Delhi Police were busy, filing cases against all CAA protesters while deleting evidences against the likes of Kapil Mishra. They had to make a list and identify people by the clothes they wear as our dear PM said.
Meanwhile Delhi police managed to omit their own crimes from the FIRs :wenger: Guy serving food to sit-in protesters finds a mention though..

https://m.huffingtonpost.in/entry/delhi-riots-fir-no-suspects-national-anthem-video-faizan_in_5eeb6444c5b61c08257bccd3

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

It is my understanding that as per the agreement soldiers can carry weapons but not fire them instead of going without weapons altogether.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

Unbelievable
Modi is a traitor. Anyone who supports this statement of his is also a traitor.

Coward is concerned more about his fake made up image than national interest and territorial sovereignty.

lund 56 inch ki chhati, 56 inch ka gaandu hai bhosadiwala.

Tibs

Have India still got parts of Kashmir under lockdown? This was well before anything Corona related?

I had people telling me the army/police were attacking civilians, cut off electricity and outside communication?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Modi is a traitor. Anyone who supports this statement of his is also a traitor.

Coward is concerned more about his fake made up image than national interest and territorial sovereignty.

lund 56 inch ki chhati, 56 inch ka gaandu hai bhosadiwala.
:lol: Modi is all about optics and looking good.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles

@ajaishukla

Did I see prime minister @narendramodi redrawing the Sino-Indian border on TV today? Modi said nobody entered Indian territory. Has he conceded to China the Galwan River valley and Fingers 4-8 in Pangong Tso -- both on our side of the LAC -- and where Chinese troops now sit. 1/4.

If, as @narendramodi
said today, nobody entered Indian territory, what is all the fuss about? Why the military-to-military dialogue, why the diplomatic talks, why the military disengagement, why the deaths of 20 soldiers? 2/4

20 Indian soldiers gave up their lives while evicting Chinese intruders from Indian territory. But Modi says nobody entered Indian territory. Then where did these soldiers die? Is Modi saying – like China is saying – that they crossed into China? 3/4

Was Prime Minister @narendramodi knowingly dissembling? Or was he incorrectly briefed? Or does the government believe it can say anything and get away with it in this post-truth world? 4/4