India politics thread

Member 60376

Yes we just the first step towards ceding territory. Only hot air and optics.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why are you tagging narendra modi as if we he will reply to this thread?
:lol: I know

I can't fully understand hindi, is Modi a very good orator when he does speak?
He's a very good orator. Doesn't offer much in terms of insight or intellect, but in terms of connecting to people, he knows exactly how to do it.

Which makes his being a serial liar with the BJP /RSS ideology, even more dangerous.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
He's surrendered territory. Basically China will officially keep the Galwan Valley.
Situation is even worse at Pangong. Not long ago this was a no man's land where both sides only used to patrol.

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/india...ining-focus-on-pangong-tso-1690436-2020-06-18
The situation at Pangong Tso has in fact escalated with more Chinese positions emerging since the beginning of June.

Inputs suggest that the area between Finger 4 and 5 has seen 62 new Chinese positions since May 10, the largest number of positions in the current standoff. Across these 62 positions, more than 300 structures such as camps and observation posts have been erected by the PLA.

Since the beginning of June, Chinese positions have also emerged on the Finger 4 ridgeline, with observation posts and tents clearly visible at the site. Some of these new Chinese ridgeline positions are less than a kilometer from Indian positions which have also emerged west of the ridgeline.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777

Bihar elections bhi toh important hai. Such a shameless guy.
State-wise breaking up of the casualties:
Bihar - 5
Punjab - 4
Jharkhand - 2
Odisha - 2
Telangana - 1
TN - 1
UP - 1
MP - 1
WB - 1
Chattisgarh- 1
HP - 1
——
Unit-wise:
Bihar Regt - 12 + 1 from another unit
AMC - 1
Punjab Regt - 3
2 Arty units - 3
Signals - 1

Spoony

The People's President
Situation is even worse at Pangong. Not long ago this was a no man's land where both sides only used to patrol.

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/india...ining-focus-on-pangong-tso-1690436-2020-06-18

e

Interesting. Leh can easily be captured then. We're not privvy to Chinse info but the Leh-Kargil-Dras-Srinagar highway surely must be another target since it's close proximity to CPEC.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Thank you for the answers. So seems Modi's essentially decided that it isn't worth the potential political capital if India loses a minor war and so has decided to do....nothing at all? While China makes likely permanent changes to the reality on the ground?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He's surrendered territory. Basically China will officially keep the Galwan Valley.
Not sure what else he could do? I can't see any scenario where he wins.
But he has now set precedent, as well as offended his army and deflated the ego's of his cow belt goons.
From afar, it feels like his end is not far off: though his impact has been profound.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Meanwhile some photo's of the region from my trip in 2010

Last edited:

Member 60376

Was saying exactly this a few days back. He'd cede territory instead of limited escalation. Horrible governance. Northern Command is culpable too. Sat on their asses for months

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Beautiful pics. I went during the winter and it will always remain the best trip of my life.
I've visited 70+ countries, and lived in India: visiting Ladakh region is the most amazing thing I've ever done!

Hope to doing base camp walk soon, so let's see if that rivals.

Last edited:

Spoony

The People's President
But he has now set precedent, as well as offended his army and deflated the ego's of his cow belt goons.
From afar, it feel like his end is not far off: though his impact has been profound.

Anything is better rolling over and dying. He's been an unmitigated disaster for his country. There's just so much wrong with India thesedays. But yeah any reply would've been handled with a far heavy response...a rock and hard place but he and his cronies should've thought it through before acting like Billy Big Bollocks over the last few years.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Anything is better rolling over and dying. He's been an unmitigated disaster for his country. There's just so much wrong with India thesedays. But yeah any reply would've been handled with a far heavy response...a rock and hard place but he and his cronies should've thought it through before acting like Billy Big Bollocks over the last few years.
They don't need to when they can just spin anything to fool the gullible majority to buy into their narrative, regardless. It's like the right wing across the globe - they'll spread communal/racial hatred, ruin the independent fabric of key institutions, completely mismanage the economy, but the (Hindu) nationalist card wins them hearts.

RedDevil@84

They don't need to when they can just spin anything to fool the gullible majority to buy into their narrative, regardless. It's like the right wing across the globe - they'll spread communal/racial hatred, ruin the independent fabric of key institutions, completely mismanage the economy, but the (Hindu) nationalist card wins them hearts.
Bhai. Hindu khatre mein hain.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
:lol: arya again embarrassing himself.

Last edited:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
From afar, it feels like his end is not far off: though his impact has been profound.
Not at all. Ive encountered numerous bhakts who are claiming that modi has pulled off a masterstroke and made the chinese retreat.