India politics thread

coolredwine

lameredboots
ive not read everything. is the stuff against arnab worse than what came out against vir sanghvi.
Conflict of interest, undue influence for profiteering, claims connections within PMO, there’s some text about ‘buying’ a judge for a case and probably leaking ‘national secrets’

Best is that he also says Javadekar is useless and economy is shit but can’t say that in public. :lol:

To be fair, if he weren’t guilty, he wouldn’t running away right now.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I was wondering if my ears made that part up (she didn't correct herself, she repeated it and said sanskaar). Also because I heard her say "this is good for us" or something like that when bjp went into the lead in Gujarat assembly polls.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Minor gang-raped by nine people in MP
Umaria superintendent of police (SP) Vikas Shahwal said the girl was in trauma and being counselled.

"A Class 9 student, the girl had come to Umaria from Jabalpur to meet her mother on January 10. On January 11, two men, Akash and Rahul, met her in a market. They asked her to join them for a lunch. They took the girl to a forest and raped her," said Shahwal.

"They reached a dhaba where they held her hostage for the whole night. Later, Dhaba owner Paras Soni and four others raped her. The girl requested the accused to allow her to go. The girl was sent to her home in a truck. She shared her trauma with the truck driver, Rohit Yadav, but instead of informing police, the driver raped her. The truck driver left her near a toll plaza on Umaria-Katni road. She flagged down another truck and the unidentified driver too raped her. The girl somehow reached her home on January 13 and informed the police," he added.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/citi...ped-by-nine-people-in-mp-101610860742974.html

RedDevil@84

Priorities!!!!!

https://www.news18.com/news/india/g...nothing-political-about-decision-3314054.html

Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, while interacting with the media on Tuesday, said that the government has applied for a patent to change the nomenclature of dragon fruit to 'Kamalam'. According to the CM, the word dragon for the fruit sounded inappropriate and so the Gujarat government had decided for the fruit to be called as Kamalam.

While interacting with the media on Tuesday during the launch of the Chief Minister Horticulture Development Mission, Rupani said, "We have applied for the patent of the Dragon fruit to be called as Kamalam. But as of now, we the Gujarat government have decided to call the fruit as Kamalam."

"Even though the fruit is known as dragon fruit, it doesn't sound appropriate. The word Kamalam is a Sanskrit word and the fruit does have the shape of the lotus, so we have decided to call it Kamalam, and there's nothing political about it," Rupani added.

Suv666

What a shitshow today was.
Lost a lot of popular support today. Pretty much what the government was waiting for, one slip up. Expect to be bombarded with propaganda for weeks until Modi has enough support to quash the protests.

RedDevil@84

What a shitshow today was.
Lost a lot of popular support today. Pretty much what the government was waiting for, one slip up. Expect to be bombarded with propaganda for weeks until Modi has enough support to quash the protests.
Yes. The twitter is full of propaganda that the entire movement is all about Khalistan.
Govt will try to wipe out any sympathies that SC has in the case.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Support is dwindling with multiple unions going out. Glad they didn't accept Government diabolical offer of postponing the laws for 18 months. This protest was never for entire India but just to maintain the status quo of Punjab, Harayana and Western UP farmers. Public support was already on edge considering the losses nearby areas were facing. After Republic day fiasco, they lost it completely.

Some union leader were using this to become political leader. Rakesh Tikait was threatening Delhi on 26th January and was asking people to bring sticks is now doing drama on national television.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Every protest sadly turns violent. It's nothing new and completely expected. I wouldn't absolve the farmers leaders however when you have a tyrannical estblishment in charge, they will always seek opportunities to turn the victim into the villain.

Interval

Level
Every protest sadly turns violent. It's nothing new and completely expected. I wouldn't absolve the farmers leaders however when you have a tyrannical estblishment in charge, they will always seek opportunities to turn the victim into the villain.
I have no clue about the details of the farm bill nor do I know how violent the farmers were. But watching the media hunt down even the smallest infarction to brand villains out of anyone who doesn't support the establishment is so scary.

You don't want Covaxin? Anti national. Take Chinese vaccine
You don't want farmer bills? Khalistani/ Pakistani
Etc etc

The avg voter has been convinced that breaking status quo requires years of pain while completely ignoring the frailties of the new status quo and the jingoism that is being used to fill the cracks

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I have no clue about the details of the farm bill nor do I know how violent the farmers were. But watching the media hunt down even the smallest infarction to brand villains out of anyone who doesn't support the establishment is so scary.

You don't want Covaxin? Anti national. Take Chinese vaccine
You don't want farmer bills? Khalistani/ Pakistani
Etc etc

The avg voter has been convinced that breaking status quo requires years of pain while completely ignoring the frailties of the new status quo and the jingoism that is being used to fill the cracks
Much of the media is simply a propaganda machine as was further made clear from Arnabs WhatsApp chats. The problem is that masses rely on them

MDFC Manager

And like clockwork, a predictable set of people have started instigation and violence at the protest sites. Having flashbacks from a year ago.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

i don't know what her politics was before that suicide case started, but this is like an escalation to 100 in 6 months.

Suv666

i don't know what her politics was before that suicide case started, but this is like an escalation to 100 in 6 months.
She called for the beheading of the people involved in the Amazon series which apparently hurt religious sentiments.
I know ardent bhakts who now think Kangana is too far gone. She's proper crazy and even hardcore BJP supporters dont take her too seriously.
Wouldn't be surprised if she's sitting in the parliament with Sadhvi Pragya and Yogi as PM in a few years though.

RedDevil@84

Keeping an alternate option. Just in case her RW twats can't keep her up in the movies.
By playing along with the BJP, she can either turn into a politician. Or have BJP help her out for any other business plans.

MDFC Manager

So farmers protests. Instigating riots didn't work, now their twitter accounts are being blocked :D

Edit: technically not blocked, but made inaccessible to the audience.

Last edited:

Nickelodeon

Its unravelling far quicker than the previous few years. The situation is precarious and I'm hoping/expecting some strong international reaction.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Its unravelling far quicker than the previous few years. The situation is precarious and I'm hoping/expecting some strong international reaction.
Don't think BJP or their supporters give a feck about what the world thinks. We're past that phase now.

Look at how the main stream journalists report everything now -"UN and xyz countries have condemned this action but how do you think they'd react if this happens in their backyard......". And suddenly all Bhakts agree with that PoV, and they've started believing that tey're condemning this as they're scared of us becoming a superpower under Modi :lol: .

Nickelodeon

So what’s the verdict on the budget? Cess on every damn thing. BJP going all in on TN with a focus on the elections.
Does it matter? Even if you buy that it’s well intended, which is still a question mark, the execution ability of this govt is as poor as it can be. They know they can get away with anything with the loud voices they have in the media. We’ve come a long way from discussing the pros and cons of economic policies. It’s only mandir, anti-national and tukde tukde which is relevant anymore.

Apologies for venting.

iKnowNothing

I think you’re right. There’s a constant (and conscious?) effort to dumb down the discussion, which leads to the public at large being unable to hold’s an informed view.
The worst part is we have a piss poor opposition, who have also been reduced to laughing stock by some clever manipulation and due to their own dumbness, so there’s no real attack dog to at the very least bark at the govt.

TheGame

Seems you can’t even raise an issue as it’s classed as an ‘internal’ matter :rolleyes:. So assume that means you can ignore all other abuses across the world if they are classed as an ‘internal’ matter.

Nickelodeon

Soon, we'll have all this info cut out to us as well. Yesterday, a twitter hashtag #FencinglikeChinaPak was the most widely circulated one in India. Today, it has magically been replaced by #IndiawithPMModi despite the situation worsening by the day.

From a media perspective and these Bollywood trolls like Kangana and Vivek Agnihotri, I just wonder how low of a moral fiber must they be having. To have a platform with the sole objective to feed false information.