Injured players not making themselves available to play

Ban

You do know he was in a leg brace a week ago, doing pool work to re strengthen the muscles a few days ago. Offer an opinion, do you think he should be able to play right now?

You can't suddenly fence sit when you've entertained all sorts of ideas about Jones.
Only idea I have entertained is that Jones is injury prone which we agreed on. Also he had a broken toe, I guess he could have come back from that already.

As for Smalling, he could have been on the bench.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
Don't think he is attacking them. Rather look at mata and other guys who rush to come back.

I think he wants them to show more commitment and actually make an effort to come back and help the team.

Neither of them had surgery so it's a matter of pain management to an extent?

Bailly has now gone down as a result of not being able to rotate.
I agree with you fully.

Ban

Because apparently, when rival fans don't agree with Jose's antics, it's out of pure bias..
The thing is rival fans don't tend to say one positive thing on Jose. Anything. Everything he does or say he's an ass, a clown, a cnut, whatever you want. That's why I jumped on your post. I have yet to see a rival poster here liking the guy. Call it a bias or whatever

Ban

You can't possibly have. Because if you did you wouldn't use it as an example of Klopp doing similar with Sturridge.
He said Sturridge needs to learn what is a serious pain and what's a little pain.

Dobbs

Only idea I have entertained is that Jones is injury prone which we agreed on. Also he had a broken toe, I guess he could have come back from that already.

You also said Jones doesn't want to play even though he can.

What exactly has Smalling done to his knee?

Celestiale

So what is your experience in medicines?

prtk0811

Wants to know what?

Shaw played through cramp 2 weeks ago and got praised and now Jose's being sarcastic about him in the post match presser. Smalling played through injury earlier in the season and now gets routinely criticized for not trying hard enough. Jones' attitude has never been in question and regularly got stick on here for being too rash and considering his health. Now he gets called soft by idiots on here :lol:

It's fecking ridiculous. If he doesn't like them get rid of them. This weekly nonsense he comes out with is unnecessary and fecking annoying.
It's not non sense, we are really streched since we sold players and it's every seasons problem, some players have to just step up , and prove the new manager in place or gain his trust.

ghagua

Some people in here are pathetic. I hope they pick up serious injuries making them unable to work and doing sports for a while, while being accused of simulating...those people don't deserve anything else for their stupid rants without having any clue what so ever. Smells strongly like Uncle Donald supporters.
They'll call out with their fake PMS.

Ban

How do you come to that conclusion?
It's either that Jose is crazy and thinks both of them should be at least on the bench although they're still injured or they can play or make themselves available but don't what to cause they're pussies.
It's what you want to believe.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It's not non sense, we are really streched since we sold players and it's every seasons problem, some players have to just step up , and prove the new manager in place or gain his trust.
They are injured. If Jose doesn't like that he should sell them. Not moan to the media every week.

Dobbs

I guess you know what he did to his pain and you'll say it now?
No come on, you think he should be on the bench today. So you must at least know exactly what he did to his knee right?

I'm not making a big claim here about a player, you are, so it's upto you to offer some kind of evidence.

Ban

No come on, you think he should be on the bench today. So you must at least know exactly what he did to his knee right?

I'm not making a big claim here about a player, you are, so it's upto you to offer some kind of evidence.
I should put an evidence yet you think Jose is full of shite and players are probably still injured but he wants to rush them cause he's crazy like that?

MadMike

He said Sturridge needs to learn what is a serious pain and what's a little pain.
We have to accept the situation, he’s often been injured in the last few months, maybe year.

“I understand why everyone is waiting. If it wasn’t someone with the quality of Daniel no-one would think about it.

You have to learn what is serious pain or only pain – but of course everyone wants him back on the pitch.”

However, the German coach admitted that he has implemented a tough training regime since taking over from Brendan Rodgers and that adapting to this new style of play could be affecting Sturridge’s fitness:

He added: “The training for him was intensive, as it should be.

“We had to make an assessment and now we can say it’s not that serious but he still can’t train as before. That’s completely normal after a long injury.

“When you think last year he had the surgery, had a really long period out, and has played only three games, and now we have to stay patient I am sorry to say. That’s the situation.”
Does this sound comparable to you? Does it even sound as criticsm?

He said that he has to patiently wait for him to get fit and while the player is feeling pain he can't play him. Which is the exact opposite of what Mourinho is saying about Jones or Smalling.

Also Sturridge had actually been training with the first team for weeks before that comment. He just kept complaining about feeling pain after the training sessions. Neither Jones nor Smalling have been training with the first team at all.

In what way did Klopp say "something similar", enlighten me.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It's either that Jose is crazy and thinks both of them should be at least on the bench although they're still injured or they can play or make themselves available but don't what to cause they're pussies.
It's what you want to believe.
Jose's crazy then. Smalling was in a brace until last week ffs. Jose himself gave a prognosis of late May for them. Then we get injuries and he wants them back early because he's desperate.

Ban

Does this sound comparable to you? Does it even sound as criticsm?

He said that he has to patiently wait for him to get fit and while the player is feeling pain he can't play him. Which is the exact opposite of what Mourinho is saying about Jones or Smalling.

Also Sturridge had actually been training with the first team for weeks before that comment. He just kept complaining about feeling pain after the training sessions. Neither Jones nor Smalling had been training with the first team at all.
It is criticism. Sturridge maybe thought he can't play some games or would leave games cause he thought he's injured in times when it was only that he felt some pain and there was no injury.

Ban

Jose's crazy then. Smalling was in a brace until last week ffs. Jose himself gave a prognosis of late May for them. Then we get injuries and he wants them back early because he's desperate.
Ok. Jose is crazy. So what's the purpose talking about it further.

Theonas

Scout
Step up how exactly. This really is the first time I remember following football where fans are seriously questioning the concept of being injured. Does being injured have anything to do with how stretched we are? What kind of logic is this exactly? While we're at it, why doesn't Rio and Vidic step up, I mean they did not play for a while and they're obviously not fit but we need them so they just have to step up somehow I suppose.

Dobbs

I should put an evidence yet you think Jose is full of shite and players are probably still injured but he wants to rush them cause he's crazy like that?
You don't know what his injury is do you?

Celestiale

What is yours?
I am doing several sports on club level, did even more. Had a vast range of injuries from head to toe, from tendon strain to a fracture in the spine. Amongst other things i studied biomedical engineering. Funnily enough i picked up a metatarsal fracture (google is your friend) in warm up today, still played one half of football (didn't know at that time). The coach wanted me to keep on playing :wenger:.
And i still wouldn't dare to judge any of our players, with the limited knowledge we have about them.

I leave that to the clowns. To embarass themselves. Always the dumbest people who cry out the loudest.

Ban

I am doing several sports on club level, did even more. Had a vast range of injuries from head to toe, from tendon strain to a fracture in the spine. Amongst other things i studied biomedical engineering. Funnily enough i picked up a metatarsal fracture (google is your friend) in warm up today, still played one half of football (didn't know at that time). The coach wanted me to keep on playing :wenger:.
And i still wouldn't dare to judge any of our players, with the limited knowledge we have about them.

I leave that to the clowns. To embarass themselves. Always the dumbest people who cry out the loudest.
Was that aimed at me by any chance?

Theonas

Scout
Because plenty anticipated this after the drama he created at Chelsea and Real and were dreading it? Now it is being confirmed with weekly controversies where we don't even talk about our football because he is involved in yet another unnecessary spat?

Celestiale

Was that aimed at me by any chance?
Anyone who is ranting at our players for "fake injuries" without having any insight, or even any idea about injuries in general is a big, huge clown. And should rather stop speaking in public, until getting some proper education.

Ban

Because plenty anticipated this after the drama he created at Chelsea and Real and were dreading it? Now it is being confirmed with weekly controversies where we don't even talk about our football because he is involved in yet another unnecessary spat?
That's it then. He'll lose the dressing room soon and the next season will be crazy. We all hoped it would only get better but I guess not.

Ban

Anyone who is ranting at our players for "fake injuries" without having any insight, or even any idea about injuries in general is a big, huge clown. And should rather stop speaking in public, until getting some proper education.
I'm sorry then. Next time I'll ask your permission. You're the expert.

Last edited:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It is likely more to do with them being injured in the first place, so he couldn't rotate Rojo and Bailly and now he has lost them as well. Smalling injuring Jones has robbed him of options and then Smalling getting injured as well. He might just be feeling sorry for himself.

Theonas

Scout
That's it then. He'll lose the dressing room soon and the next season will be crazy. We all hoped it would only get better but I guess not.
Of course he will. Every manager loses the dressing room sooner or later unless they have the aura accumulated out of 20 years in the job like Fergie. The problem here is José does it almost instantly after results are not going well. It took about a month early in the season of disappointing results before he started lashing out and he continues to do so. I disagree with the idea that he has a hidden agenda or that he is trying to motivate or whatever, I truly think he simply cannot hide his emotions, he is a very emotional manager which the only similarity I see between him and Pep and when he is annoyed, he just lashes out at everything and everyone. The other issue is I see people bringing up examples of Fergie, Klopp and other managers doing something similar. I think that fails to see the point which is not that José is wrong in this case particularly, because let's face it, he might not be as we don't know what's going on with Smalling and Jones. The problem is the tiresome exhaustive pattern of his spats, it's almost every week now for about two years (if you add his time at Chelsea). Nobody could be right or justified about all of these controversies, the one common person in all of them is him which is why he loses every benefit of the doubt one can have for him.

prtk0811

Step up how exactly. This really is the first time I remember following football where fans are seriously questioning the concept of being injured. Does being injured have anything to do with how stretched we are? What kind of logic is this exactly? While we're at it, why doesn't Rio and Vidic step up, I mean they did not play for a while and they're obviously not fit but we need them so they just have to step up somehow I suppose.
Take injections , speed up the process , Play through the pain and protect yourself for the most important time of the season at least

prtk0811

He won't loose the dressing room , the players will loose the spot.

Theonas

Scout
Take injections , speed up the process , Play through the pain and protect yourself for the most important time of the season at least
So in your view any player who misses games at the end of the season because of injury is just not committed enough? Did you think the same about Vidic and Rio when we had to play a CL semi final away to Milan with Heinze, Brown and O'Shea at the back? Or maybe when we played away to West Ham with a back four that had Fletcher, Giggs, Carrick?

If that's not what you mean, apologies as I assume you do know the specific nature of Jones's and Smalling's injuries which is why you judge them to be manageable with more commitment. Is that the case?

Theonas

Scout
He won't loose the dressing room , the players will loose the spot.
He lost the dressing room and his job at a club where he was a god. Where had just won a league title and was idolised by everyone. Of course he will lose his job if he lost the dressing room with us. Any manager would.