Injured players not making themselves available to play

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He won't loose the dressing room , the players will loose the spot.
If the players suspect Jones or Smalling are not trying to get back, then he will not lose them. He has players in that side who are fighting tooth and nail for him. They might like their teammates but they won't risk their places for someone who is obviously past their best or shirkers.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Everyone here are talking like Jones is out with some serious knee injury. It is a fecking broken toe and he was spotted walking just fine in Manchester weeks ago.

Take some fecking injections and get on with it you pantsy. Terry took injections and didn't miss one match, but played throughout the season with a broken toe.

Last edited:

Ban

Of course he will. Every manager loses the dressing room sooner or later unless they have the aura accumulated out of 20 years in the job like Fergie. The problem here is José does it almost instantly after results are not going well. It took about a month early in the season of disappointing results before he started lashing out and he continues to do so. I disagree with the idea that he has a hidden agenda or that he is trying to motivate or whatever, I truly think he simply cannot hide his emotions, he is a very emotional manager which the only similarity I see between him and Pep and when he is annoyed, he just lashes out at everything and everyone. The other issue is I see people bringing up examples of Fergie, Klopp and other managers doing something similar. I think that fails to see the point which is not that José is wrong in this case particularly, because let's face it, he might not be as we don't know what's going on with Smalling and Jones. The problem is the tiresome exhaustive pattern of his spats, it's almost every week now for about two years (if you add his time at Chelsea). Nobody could be right or justified about all of these controversies, the one common person in all of them is him which is why he loses every benefit of the doubt one can have for him.
I think it's both, sometimes he's emotional but sometimes it's because he demands a certain attitude of players and commitment and when he doesn't see it he lashes out. Sure sometime he shouldn't do it in public but some players take it to the chin and work more to prove they have what it takes.
People act as it happened everywhere, him losing the dressing room but fail to mention there are many ex players who worship him.

He'll either lose the dressing room soon or he'll create a atmosphere in which players are going through a brick wall for him or first the 2nd part and then after few years the 1st. :)

prtk0811

No, he could easily lose the dressing room. He hasn't suddenly gained magical powers he didn't have at Chelsea.
This is man UTD , manager power reigns supreme in this club. The manager can sell any player if he doesn't feel he requires the player.

prtk0811

He lost the dressing room and his job at a club where he was a god. Where had just won a league title and was idolised by everyone. Of course he will lose his job if he lost the dressing room with us. Any manager would.
No , he won't . He is right , manager power reigns supreme at our club.

Dobbs

Knee injury. That's all I know. Feel free to tell me more about the injury. I do want to know.
If that's all you know how have you decided he should be on the bench today?

Shaw hurt his foot today. Apparently that's all that's needed to make a recovery diagnosis. So when will he be back?

Shady

That's the spirit you need. I don't like Terry, but you can tell why he's been so successful with his attitude towards the game. I get the impression with Jones that he's happy just living off his status as a United player without actually doing anything for the team.
Didn't Jose praise Jones earlier on in the season for returning early from injury and playing through pain?

Ban

If that's all you know how have you decided he should be on the bench today?

Shaw hurt his foot today. Apparently that's all that's needed to make a recovery diagnosis. So when will he be back?
From Jose's words I got that he expected him/them to be available today.
No need to be so smug.

Theonas

Scout
Not sure if you are being sarcastic but if you genuinely think that there is a club in the world that can afford their manager losing the dressing room, I guess there is nothing more to be said.

Bruno8

Unless someone here has some proper inside info its very difficult to criticise the injured players. After all they get clearance from the medical team before joining full training. In which case it makes sense to listen to your doctor than your Manager unless if Jose knows more than medical team

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This is man UTD , manager power reigns supreme in this club. The manager can sell any player if he doesn't feel he requires the player.
I think your vision of our club is somewhat detached from reality. The same rules that apply to other clubs also apply to us. Just ask Moyes, who never got to replace his players despite us all being told that Manchester United weren't a sacking club. If Mourinho loses the dressing room then he's done, because that's how football works.

manutd619

Jose wants them to fight for the badge on their shirt

I sit on his side rather than the whiney overpaid prima donnas

Dobbs

From Jose's words I got that he expected him/them to be available today.
No need to be so smug.
Well there's your problem. You believe everything the manager says. Even when it contradicts actual evidence such as the information Smalling has given us regarding his injury. This also from a manager who has a long history of making outlandish remarks when things don't go his way.

Like I said earlier it's like Trump and his supporters.

Kag

Jose wants them to fight for the badge on their shirt

I sit on his side rather than the whiney overpaid prima donnas
Who are whiney, overpaid prima donnas? Because Smalling and Jones certainly don't have a reputation for behaving in such ways.

Infact, the only person who does in this whole debate is the increasingly negative wanker we have in charge. Strange, I know.

edcunited1878

It's a bit of a lose-lose when we're desperately trying to get back injuries players because currently, they're pushed into the deep end. Cannot get 30 minutes or an hour, have to push on for a full 90.

If Jones or Smalling plays, they probably would start and neither have played for ages, so they are vulnerable to even more mental and physical lapses because they aren't match fit at all.

Theonas

Scout
I think it's both, sometimes he's emotional but sometimes it's because he demands a certain attitude of players and commitment and when he doesn't see it he lashes out. Sure sometime he shouldn't do it in public but some players take it to the chin and work more to prove they have what it takes.
People act as it happened everywhere, him losing the dressing room but fail to mention there are many ex players who worship him.

He'll either lose the dressing room soon or he'll create a atmosphere in which players are going through a brick wall for him or first the 2nd part and then after few years the 1st. :)
I actually agree. I think Mourinho has never been tactics obsessed like Pep or Pochettino for example. His main strength for me has always been the ability to inspire his players and create a very strong dogged attitude in his teams. That and his ability to read a game and change it from the bench better than any manager I can think of. The attitude point however is his strongest suit and it has worked particularly well when the teams he managed were considered underdogs. His us against the world message and that his players need to fight for the cause because the odds are stacked against them worked wonders in the context of teams that were indeed at a disadvantage whether it is financial (Porto and Inter) or status wise and history (Chelsea) or even Real when he first came in as they were struggling to live up to Barcelona. That platform also needs a very specific type of people to work on, the likes of Terry, Drogba, Lampard, Cambiasso, Milito, Arbeloa, Cahill, Costa among others are tailor made for that "let's make every game a fight" approach.

When all those elements are present, Mourinho will deliver the most stubborn dogged teams you can think of. The downside however comes when A) he is managing a team that is expected to be the alpha, like Real after winning the league, Chelsea flirted with that position as well and now us. Whether we like it or not, you can't be the richest club in the land and be considered an outsider. Or B) when doesn't have that specific type of players and the issue with that is that it's simply unrealistic to fill you team with enough of them. The likes of old school warriors are simply a rarity in today's game, that's just the way things are. Even Fergie understood this and adapted his approach, Mourinho seems to be still nostalgic and insistent on recreating another Chelsea 2004/05. It is for these two reasons that I think he has been struggling in his last 2 years of management and find it difficult to see how he would rectify this before losing the dressing room and making everyone exhausted with his antics.

prtk0811

I think your vision of our club is somewhat detached from reality. The same rules that apply to other clubs also apply to us. Just ask Moyes, who never got to replace his players despite us all being told that Manchester United weren't a sacking club. If Mourinho loses the dressing room then he's done, because that's how football works.
That's not how man utd works. The board sacked Moyes , while lvg was sacked because he was near retirement with Mourinho available. We could have very well sacked lvg in December if that was the case. Some of the players are not consistent and good enough and too young too so they have no credibility to get a manager like Mourinho sacked in a club with strong ethos like man united . Just not going to happen , Mourinho did improve the squad with what he brought in , although he missed some players .

prtk0811

Not sure if you are being sarcastic but if you genuinely think that there is a club in the world that can afford their manager losing the dressing room, I guess there is nothing more to be said.
Loosing the dressing room? you mean loosing the teen age boys in this dressing room? A united manager has all the powers in the club, he can sell any bad apple in the club without any remorse, this is the power and atmosphere unique in world football and jose mourinho will stamp his authority in the dressing room.

Ban

Well there's your problem. You believe everything the manager says. Even when it contradicts actual evidence such as the information Smalling has given us regarding his injury. This also from a manager who has a long history of making outlandish remarks when things don't go his way.

I didn't say I believe everything he says did I?

It's the same as with people who don't believe anything he says and think whatever he says or does he's crazy and a clown.

Manny

Grammar Police
Unless someone here has some proper inside info its very difficult to criticise the injured players. After all they get clearance from the medical team before joining full training. In which case it makes sense to listen to your doctor than your Manager unless if Jose knows more than medical team
Jose said things at the club are 'too cautious', referring to the medical team and players. Personally, I think that's hard to argue against considering the injury crisis' we seem to have every season.

I imagine if the player is happy and sufficiently recovered to play, it overrides the opinion of the medical team. And that's where Jose would have liked Jones to step up and come back (days) ahead of schedule.

minoo-utd

If the boss is sure that they are cowards and don't want to play then he should never keep them.

Ban

I actually agree. I think Mourinho has never been tactics obsessed like Pep or Pochettino for example. His main strength for me has always been the ability to inspire his players and create a very strong dogged attitude in his teams. That and his ability to read a game and change it from the bench better than any manager I can think of. The attitude point however is his strongest suit and it has worked particularly well when the teams he managed were considered underdogs. His us against the world message and that his players need to fight for the cause because the odds are stacked against them worked wonders in the context of teams that were indeed at a disadvantage whether it is financial (Porto and Inter) or status wise and history (Chelsea) or even Real when he first came in as they were struggling to live up to Barcelona. That platform also needs a very specific type of people to work on, the likes of Terry, Drogba, Lampard, Cambiasso, Milito, Arbeloa, Cahill, Costa among others are tailor made for that "let's make every game a fight" approach.

When all those elements are present, Mourinho will deliver the most stubborn dogged teams you can think of. The downside however comes when A) he is managing a team that is expected to be the alpha, like Real after winning the league, Chelsea flirted with that position as well and now us. Whether we like it or not, you can't be the richest club in the land and be considered an outsider. Or B) when doesn't have that specific type of players and the issue with that is that it's simply unrealistic to fill you team with enough of them. The likes of old school warriors are simply a rarity in today's game, that's just the way things are. Even Fergie understood this and adapted his approach, Mourinho seems to be still nostalgic and insistent on recreating another Chelsea 2004/05. It is for these two reasons that I think he has been struggling in his last 2 years of management and find it difficult to see how he would rectify this before losing the dressing room and making everyone exhausted with his antics.
Good post.
Although I'd say we're the underdog in the sense we're a big club which is in a crisis for a while now and wants to come back to the top.
As for warriors I do agree it's a rarity but you don't need to have a bunch of them, just few who are leaders and their leadership and attitude transpires to the whole team. That's why it was good to have Ibra this year, not just cause of his goals.
Attitude has been really bad at our club since the great SAF left and I think Jose is trying to create an attitude and atmosphere of a giant club which we are, at least on paper at this moment.
I do agree he should keep some things to himself but we've seen players answering to his calls or claims in the media and answering in the right way, trying to prove him they have what it takes to be at United.
Comparisons with Madrid and Chelsea which have been made here are wrong imo cause United functions in a different way and players don't have that kind of power which they have at those 2 clubs.

Son Of Sam

The state of this post. Shameful
If you have any problem with the post, address those problems one after the other instead of doing a cop-out!

What is wrong with my post? Are you happy that Bailly started 11 games in a row within a space of 32 days when any of Smalling/Jones could have been braver to help out a bit?

Dobbs

If you have any problem with the post, address those problems one after the other instead of doing a cop-out!

What is wrong with my post? Are you happy that Bailly started 11 games in a row within a space of 32 days when any of Smalling/Jones could have been braver to help out a bit?
That's what's wrong with your post.

It's become such a fact in some posters minds (like yourself) that it doesn't even register anybody could disagree.

How had this happened in the space of a few days :lol:

Last edited:

MadMike

That's what's wrong with your post.

It's become such a fact in some posters minds (like yourself) that it doesn't either register anybody could disagree.

How had this happened in the space of a few days :lol:
Parrots, parrots everywhere. Mob mentality. Witch hunt. Shameful behaviour all around.

arnie_ni

Surely everyone should realise how wrong Jose can be when only last year he was sued for firing a physio for what he saod regarding her rreating an injured player? He clearly has no idea when it comes to injuries if a player is injured, how bad it is, and when they can play again.

That's where the medical staff step in.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So what's the actual situation with our injuries ?

Who's still injured and can we recuperate anyone against Celta Vigo ?

Thanks

The United

It would have been a lot easier to think that it was his mind game and good things will come after that.

IF not for how shit we down with him, his players, his dressing room and his medical staff for last 2-3 years.

But, I agree that we need to move on some of them for having too many injuries.

I am not one for buying players for the sake of it. We just clearly can not rely on some of these.

Ixion

Just seeing the word "Toe" next to Jones made me laugh. The damn thing must have fallen off.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Do people really believe that the medical staff is telling Jones he can train and play 100 percent without any major concerns and Jones is like " nah bruv I am injured" and kicks his feet back up?

Celestiale

It's exactly like that. They drag their power from people who are too uninformed to build an own opinion, but rather look for a role model and recite his agenda word for word. Has always been like that, as long as the majority of the world's population is uneducated it will keep working

AlwaysRed66

Some people in here are pathetic. I hope they pick up serious injuries making them unable to work and doing sports for a while, while being accused of simulating...those people don't deserve anything else for their stupid rants without having any clue what so ever. Smells strongly like Uncle Donald supporters.
Totally agree. I wonder how many of them come in when they are to poorly to work, & publically criticised by their bosses. Interested what they would do about it.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Do people really believe that the medical staff is telling Jones he can train and play 100 percent without any major concerns and Jones is like " nah bruv I am injured" and kicks his feet back up?
Nope. Thing is though, look at second leg of Real vs Bayern game as of late. Lewandowski and their CBs that played in the match were all injured iirc (game before in the league, against Leverkusen, they were all out), they were deemed to be injured by the media I think, Hummels/Lewy/Boateng didn't make the bench for the match. It was all gloom and doom (if I'm not right, I'm ready to be corrected by some Bayern fan) for them who'll play in defence as Martinez is carded out, those might be injured, they had nobody.

Then it was both Boateng and Hummels that played in the second leg. My guess is they've had injections, painkillers of all sorts poured into them and they were told that it might be dangerous for them to play. Yet the knew what the situation was, took the risk, I think somebody got injured there. Right or wrong, they took the risk. I suppose that it could be the same situation here, Jones is told that he's ready to play but his injury hasn't healed yet. Same goes for Mata, he's just off a surgery yet he's available. In the end you pick whether you risk it/play on injections/painkillers, etc. or you don't. It's pretty obvious who Jose prefers.

MadMike

Nope. Thing is though, look at second leg of Real vs Bayern game as of late. Lewandowski and their CBs that played in the match were all injured iirc (game before in the league, against Leverkusen, they were all out), they were deemed to be injured by the media I think, Hummels/Lewy/Boateng didn't make the bench for the match. It was all gloom and doom (if I'm not right, I'm ready to be corrected by some Bayern fan) for them who'll play in defence as Martinez is carded out, those might be injured, they had nobody.

Then it was both Boateng and Hummels that played in the second leg. My guess is they've had injections, painkillers of all sorts poured into them and they were told that it might be dangerous for them to play. Yet the knew what the situation was, took the risk, I think somebody got injured there. Right or wrong, they took the risk. I suppose that it could be the same situation here, Jones is told that he's ready to play but his injury hasn't healed yet. Same goes for Mata, he's just off a surgery yet he's available. In the end you pick whether you risk it/play on injections/painkillers, etc. or you don't. It's pretty obvious who Jose prefers.
You're constructing a fantastical argument in your head that suits your narrative. First off you don't know anything about their injuries and if they even had to take painkillers to play.

Secondly both Lewandowski and Hummels missed the first leg, sohow does that fit with the narrative of players being brave and playing with painkillers.

Thirdly, after the 2nd leg at Madrid, they also played full game at the weekend 4 days later (and every league game since). Which in no way would they take pain killers to play, simply because the league was already won. Which basically means they actually fully healed most likely and their initial injuries were not that serious since they were both out for barely one week.

So basically what I understand is that they had some minor niggles which they used as an excuse to miss the Madrid match because they were utter cowards and not the kind of warriors that Jose would have in his team.

Am I doing this right?

Manny

Grammar Police
So what's the actual situation with our injuries ?

Who's still injured and can we recuperate anyone against Celta Vigo ?

Thanks
for Celta-

Bailly - Twisted ankle - most likely out
Pogba - Pulled hamstring - should be back
Mata - Groin surgery - should be back
Smalling - Knee - definitely out
Shaw - 'Big injury' - definitely out
Jones - Fractured toe - supposed to be back - definitely out

Kostur

海尔的老板
You're constructing a fantastical argument in your head that suits your narrative. First off you don't know anything about their injuries and if they even had to take painkillers to play.

Secondly both Lewandowski and Hummels missed the first leg, sohow does that fit with the narrative of players being brave and playing with painkillers.

Thirdly, after the 2nd leg at Madrid, they also played full game at the weekend 4 days later (and every league game since). Which in no way would they take pain killers to play, simply because the league was already won. Which basically means they actually fully healed most likely and their initial injuries were not that serious since they were both out for barely one week.

So basically what I understand is that they had some minor niggles which they used as an excuse to miss the Madrid match because they were utter cowards and not the kind of warriors that Jose would have in his team.

Am I doing this right?
No, because Polish commentators from canal+ who were informed by his agent that he's still on painkillers and his shoulder hasn't healed yet said so?

Lewy got injured against BVB, had to be taken off, roughly 3-4 days later they played RM in CL. I think given that Martinez was taken off around 80th minute and Hummels given a run the same match indicates that Martinez was the one to play against Bayern, Hummels was either eased in slowly or so. And the league was won as late as yesterday, they couldn't have been rested in the league after the RM, it took Leipzig's draw and their win against WfL to seal it.

Last edited: