g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Injury Crisis 2023/24 | Martínez and Casemiro back in training

United Hobbit

You should see the official PL FB post...

"Rodri
Kevin De Bruyne
Bernardo Silva
John Stones

Manchester City have some key players missing for their upcoming fixtures..."

I wish we could "only" have 4 players missing and have such depth they are easily replaceable!! They are so far up City's arse it's ridiculous. We are up to 3/4 of that quota above with left backs alone....

ROFLUTION

Current wildcard

Turner/Areola
Trippier - Burn - Tarkowski - Lamptey - Taylor
Salah - Maddison - Son - Diaby - Chukwu
Alvarez - Darwin - Haaland

0.0 itb which makes it annoyingly hard to go from Alvarez (7.0) to Højlund (7.1). Hopefully all the wildcarders next week will throw out Baldock and make him be 3.8 so I can do Taylor>Baldock and Alvarez>Højlund.

I might miss out on Cash too, but I dont really fancy JWP or any other midfielders in that range for the next gws.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Current wildcard

Turner/Areola
Trippier - Burn - Tarkowski - Lamptey - Taylor
Salah - Maddison - Son - Diaby - Chukwu
Alvarez - Darwin - Haaland

0.0 itb which makes it annoyingly hard to go from Alvarez (7.0) to Højlund (7.1). Hopefully all the wildcarders next week will throw out Baldock and make him be 3.8 so I can do Taylor>Baldock and Alvarez>Højlund.

I might miss out on Cash too, but I dont really fancy JWP or any other midfielders in that range for the next gws.
Wrong thread mate

statpadder

You should see the official PL FB post...

"Rodri
Kevin De Bruyne
Bernardo Silva
John Stones

Manchester City have some key players missing for their upcoming fixtures..."

I wish we could "only" have 4 players missing and
Not going to be a popular opinion but you guys are counting Amad and Mainoo as well. Players who had literally 0 first team minutes last season and considering Ten Hag’s lack of rotation, would probably not play even if they were fit.

What City are missing is the equivalent of us missing Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro and Martinez. So yeah, I would say we’re better off than city atm.

Last edited:

croadyman

We are now paying a heavy price for not getting a backup LCB,mind you our targets in the summer were RCB. Mainly because we thought the bigger issue was with Rapha not Licha. This injury last season has done more damage than we thought

Steve 007

Not going to be a popular opinion but you guys are counting Amad and Mainoo as well. Players who had literally 0 first team minutes last season and considering Ten Hag’s lack of rotation, would probably not play even if they were fit.

What City are missing is the equivalent of us missing Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro and Martinez. So yeah, I would say we’re better off than city atm.
Man City have two teams capable of winning the league. The only player they miss is De Bryune.

Given that Ten Haag has just played Pellistri and Hannibal for a couple of games each I think it’s safe to say Mainoo would like Genarcho get game time.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Didn't realise Martinez's injury was so severe... out till the new year. Must be time fo Martial to sneeze and break his nose... Seriously, this is getting stupid

garelo

This cant be a coincidence, whenever we try to play expansive football our players are falling down one by one. there should be internal investigation in regard to fitness, medical, and nutrition departments, not saying the "A", "B", or "C" is the culprit but this happens too often and would hinder the progress on how our manager want to implement his football style.

El Zoido

We're joint fifth with Arse and Spurs in the injury league, according to this.

Premier League injuries - 'Players can't deal any more with this overload'

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66964423
They’re going to reverse the new stoppage time rules in response, when the real problem is the number of games played. Scrap the league cup and reduce the number of teams in European competition.

Even for me as a fan it’s more football than I care to even watch. It’s all money-grubbing. Squeezing more profit at players’ expense. They have to keep making more money, they can’t stop. Gap in the schedule? More games. More money. Play more. Suffer. More money. More more more. It’s everything in the entire world now and I’m fecking sick to death of it.

ddg01

Do we actually even look at players injury records before signing them. I mean we signed two this summer that effectively failed their medical.
Martinez was out for almost 3 months the season prior to us signing him with a muscle injury. Mounts injury record is even worse. Don’t get me started on Varane! Just stop signing crocks!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
They’re going to reverse the new stoppage time rules in response, when the real problem is the number of games played. Scrap the league cup and reduce the number of teams in European competition.

Even for me as a fan it’s more football than I care to even watch. It’s all money-grubbing. Squeezing more profit at players’ expense. They have to keep making more money, they can’t stop. Gap in the schedule? More games. More money. Play more. Suffer. More money. More more more. It’s everything in the entire world now and I’m fecking sick to death of it.
They could start by getting rid of the League cup (or whatever it's called)

Manncunian

It’s the start of the season and we’re blaming too many games? How many more games are there this season than there was in 2015/16/17/18/19?

Someone tried to blame our expansive style of football but fail to notice that Arsenal and Spurs have the same number of injuries, and four teams have more than us.

So it’s the extra injury time? Already? Before match day seven?

There’s one big fat elephant in the room.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

From what we saw in preseason, Mainoo was expected to get quite a lot of game time, and Amad also would have considering his position is one we're struggling in massively.

The issue is that our unavailable players are clustered in certain positions, so rather than just bringing in our 2nd choice in a few positions we're having to go down to like 4th choice or players out of position. Left back, right wing and centre back for a while have been utterly devastated. Striker as well at the beginning of the season but that's somewhat self-inflicted since we've only got Hojlund and Martial. The other three positions we've got better depth than the vast majority of clubs yet we're still virtually out of options.

Prodigy24

Malacia is the most baffling. Never spoken about or seemingly any closer to returning and no one seems to have a clue what the injury is
I was thinking about this as well yesterday. Really weird that there hasn't been any updates on what kind of injury he has, or when he will be back. Hope it's not something else going on behind the scenes.

Idxomer

Do we actually even look at players injury records before signing them. I mean we signed two this summer that effectively failed their medical.
Martinez was out for almost 3 months the season prior to us signing him with a muscle injury. Mounts injury record is even worse. Don’t get me started on Varane! Just stop signing crocks!
It's a bit early to call Mount a crock. He only had that one slightly significant injury last season, before that he was fine. Varane became a crock at United, he hardly missed any games because of injuries in the 3 seasons before joining United. Someone like Haaland was more injury-prone before coming to England and now he never gets any injuries.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Get rid of the nations league, do we really need it?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Agree on the overload of games. For the last two years I haven't been able to watch evening matches because of the time difference and it bothers me a lot less than it did initially.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The pre season has been a disaster. Too much touring. Too many friendly games. Too many players released. Too few brought in. We're being savaged by a Glazer spreadsheet.

croadyman

From what we saw in preseason, Mainoo was expected to get quite a lot of game time, and Amad also would have considering his position is one we're struggling in massively.

The issue is that our unavailable players are clustered in certain positions, so rather than just bringing in our 2nd choice in a few positions we're having to go down to like 4th choice or players out of position. Left back, right wing and centre back for a while have been utterly devastated. Striker as well at the beginning of the season but that's somewhat self-inflicted since we've only got Hojlund and Martial. The other three positions we've got better depth than the vast majority of clubs yet we're still virtually out of options.
Yeah defence and backup options out wide are definitively our biggest issue now

Marwood

Get rid of the nations league, do we really need it?
Just from a United point of view this would make no difference.

Most of our injured players haven't actually played that much football over the last 12- 18months. It's not a case of overplaying.